Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Parts Interchangeable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Redharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts Interchangeable?

I own an LST2 and I just picked up a Used LST2 on Fleabay.....I am going to have TWO running trucks!
I went looking for parts and found most of the Teardown Houses are selling XXL parts now.

I need spare diffs and Tranny. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the DIFFS are identical in the LST2 and the XXL?
I Know the Tranny has changes for the XXL (no more Hi/Lo) but I THINKit will work Fine in an LST2?

I am searching (not found it yet) for a Thread that lists the Differences between LST2 and XXL.. I would appreciate someone pointing me to thread link.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Parts Interchangeable?

Don't think you'll find one of them threads, But I can tell you only differences is the longer chassis Spektrum receiver and Radio, And the diff cover and internals. Sugafree will prolly post in here pretty quick and give you better links then I can. But you'll find alot of parts are interchangeable. Good Luck.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:35 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty sure the tranny is geared differently..  Shocks I don't know..

Do be aware though that from some of the chop shops the diffs come with the center bones, and they are longer than on the LST2...  Don't know if diff ratios are the same or not...(guessing yes..)

Thinking out loud - only the tranny and extended chassis and bones are different??...

CB is the same I believe...  Spur-gears too??
Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Sugafree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use Any XXL parts on a LST2....

The "Main difference" in the Trucks are the Main Chassis Plate/Rails and Center Drive shafts are Longer on the XXL...........
Now there are a few other things as well (Different gearing in the Tranny/HD Cases in the Diffs/Plastic Shocks/Steel Break disk/+1 Pinion........
But All will fit and Work on the LST2 and All the LST2 Parts/Hop ups will fit on the XXL...other than the few Main differences I listing above....