Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Spinstart or puller cord not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 02:03 PM
sr88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spinstart or puller cord not engaging

This is a new aftershock not yet seen the track however the combo start is not engaging consistently. It doesn't crank the engine when Ipull the cord or even when i use the hex driver to spin it.

I have checked the combo starter and all parts are fine. It is engaging the "bolt" that goes in the crankcase however its not turning the engine. If i pull it may engage 20% of the pull or none at all. Sometimes it may engage 50%.

It engages when i remove the glowplug implying low load but not when i put the plug back

Please advice
Old 05-17-2009, 03:35 PM
nitrojimbo

Default RE: Spinstart or puller cord not engaging

Your OWB is slipping.  Take it out, clean it, and reassemble.  Then, you should be good to go.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:37 PM
glk420247

Yes your owb is slipping.....

Try this i have to do this from time to time. Take off your air filter and put a couple of drops of fuel in there. Then tip the truck on its side (exhaust side) and let your truck sit their for a couple of minutes. Then try to start your truck with small intervals with the spin starter or bumping it.( hold triggerlet go hold trigger let and so on) It should grab a little better.

Or you could take your cooling head off and pour some Kerosene in it and use your spin starter just turn the engine .(Don't try and start it, your just cleaning with out taking it apart)let dry. After you do that put some nitro in there and do the same thing. Then re-assemble you should be good for awhile. I have to do this for time to time also. Or your could just do what nitrojimbo said to do.

If you have any ? just P.M. me and will be glad to help.

I seriously do this with my Lst2...
Old 05-17-2009, 04:40 PM
iexion

Start with the OWB and clean ( as already stated )

If Its not the OWB you might need a pull starter. Ive had the same issue and what it came out to be was the combo start has teeth that engage on the metal spin... thingy (the metal part that the spin start shaft fits into).

The pull start is plastic and the part the hits the bolt to the engine is metal... ( plastic vs metal )

Take off the combo start and look behind the metal part that comes out. If the teeth inside the pull start are worn, you'll need another starting method ( stick with a spin start IMO)
Old 05-18-2009, 06:03 AM
sr88

Guys thanks  I opened and cleaned the OWB and the starter is engaging again.