Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

hpi 5b vs.lst2

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
full maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hpi 5b vs.lst2

ORIGINAL: Sugafree

ORIGINAL: HPI_Savage_RC

ORIGINAL: Foxy
All my gassers see more runtime than my Mugen MBX5T prospec, which I sincerely hope you'll all agree, is a much better vehicle than the LST2.
I definitely agree with this statement, this is not the right forum for a 1/8 scale VS large scale debate, as the LST2 is a poor representation of a 1/8 scale bash truck. I would feel much more comfortable jumping and bashing the Baja's 4mm chassis than the LST2's paper thin, stamped 6061-0 deck braced with brittle plastic, but that doesn't mean large scales would be anywhere near my first choice for a jump/bash truck.
You sure make some Dumb post for someone that thinks he's so Smart.......

I Wish I Lived Closer as I'd Show you that My LST2 Is Faster that your Savage.....Handles Better Than your Savage and Will Out Bash your Savage..... Period
SF your just getting upset for nothing ... I don't think he even owns a rc much less drives like he brags if he does, the contest put up by slayerdude is just more proof as there is only excuses as to no vid
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

ORIGINAL: Sugafree
You sure make some Dumb post for someone that thinks he's so Smart.......

I Wish I Lived Closer as I'd Show you that My LST2 Is Faster that your Savage.....Handles Better Than your Savage and Will Out Bash your Savage..... Period
I fail to see how my post was dumb. Do you not agree that the LST2 chassis is a thin aluminum deck braced with brittle plastic? I think any non-biased LST owner would admit to that.

Faster, probably not, as I run a Picco 28.

Handles better, definitely, though I'm a basher, so all I need is decent handling.

Better basher, no way. I won't start on why, as we've been over this a thousand times.

I noticed that you unnecessarily capitalize more words when you're angry.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:07 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who here has busted an LST2 chassis? (not including the carbon one for racing.. Naa screw it.. Including it too....)

Silence.....

Yeah, me neither...

And even if a few have, as I'm sure there are some..., more people broke their Savage X TVP's at that stupid little "X" under the engine mount when the X-gen Savs came out. And even after they thickened the "X", Savage TVP's are still not bullet-proof. IRC or FLM, maybe.. But then you're talking big bucks to upgrade something that doesn't need upgrading on an LST2 at all. My LST2 chassis is doing just swell after 2 1/2 years..

Just to clear up yet more foolishness and lies..
Old 09-02-2009, 12:39 AM
HPI_Savage_RC

Hmmm...

There's 4 off the top of my head. Now show me a bent IRC Savage chassis, and you can claim that your truck is at least as durable as my Savage...
Old 09-02-2009, 02:32 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, no, no. The title of this thread is NOT which is the better/more durable MT, the LST or the Savage, and the last thing anyone needs is to have 'that' debate again.

Locked.

Aside from the fact that this has now gone to the bad place, I don't think much more can be added by either camp which hasn't already been said on the original topic. Lots of great information and reasons why to choose either vehicle, they are both great RCs. Time to move along...
Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airbus 9e

Well I was considering that, but I believe the owners there have a rule about clone cars....so if I did anything, it would be with a 5B SS
Didn't see this post before... Must reply before locking topic completely...

It's testament to HPI's marketing, that when an RCer hears the word Baja, they assume that if not the HPI, then must be one of those evil clones!!!

The FG Baja was out LOOOOONG before the HPI Baja, and is in fact based on an original FG design which is virtually unchanged in 25 years. The HPI Baja is a budget basher. It's the gasser equivalent of a Thunder Tiger MT. ie It's good for the money, but it's nowhere near the top of its class. The FG Baja will run slightly more than the HPI, and out of the box is not much better than the HPI, but with some choice upgrades, it rapes the HPI in every area.

HPI are so clever. They've marketed it as the best gasser ever made, and while it is very cool, it is absolutely nowhere near deserving that moniker. OK I'm done, thread remains locked. Airbus, feel free to shoot me a message if you want to talk in more detail about gassers.

Be careful about making assumptions. HPI are new boys. Make me a 1/5th Savage, then I'll be impressed.