Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

New Losi Vehicle on 10/22/09

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 AM
TC4JW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Losi Vehicle on 10/22/09

[link=http://www.losi.com]New Losi Vehicle 10/22/09[/link]

[link=http://www.losi.com/Content/Images/Home/clickyClicky.jpg]New Losi Vehicle October 22, 2009[/link]

Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
full maxx

Default RE: New Losi Vehicle on 10/22/09

gee what now
Old 10-15-2009, 01:12 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My theory: they're finally running out of LST1 arms, so it's gonna be an Aftershock replacement, with LST2 arms, etc.. like the XXL, but with the normal size chassis, cheaper radio, lesser engine(Mach 26), etc.. I.e. a more affordable MT than the XXL to take the place of the Aftershock - and maybe even all the Aftershock clones...

I just hope it's nitro.. Sick of lame-axx boring brushless stuff..., especially 1/10 scale..
Old 10-17-2009, 09:48 PM
losifiend

I hope its an E XXLST! That would be sick.

It looks to come with Zombie Max tires on XXLST which are better than the ATX, IMO.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:11 AM
iexion

4wd strike [&:]
If its not anything 1/10th or bigger, its already a disappointment [&o]
Old 10-19-2009, 05:29 AM
full maxx

yeah the atx tires are good for durability but not traction
Old 10-19-2009, 05:33 AM
HerrSavage

They look like MINI Zombie Maxx.. New theory - Mini LST2 replacement...
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking, from what I'd like to own next is, a Brushless 1/8th Scale MT. If it's 1/8th and electric, I'm ready to buy!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
HerrSavage

If it's 1/8 scale and electric, I'm ready to yawn.. [:'(]
Old 10-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Why do you say that ?? MY brushless LST's make my old nitro versions look anemic in the power dept... [:'(]

Steve
Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 PM
benzy2

A brushless 1/8th MT makes sense. HPI and Traxxas offer them and it seems like a legit market to tap into. I have no interest in it. I already think my LST is enough machine and I don't feel like spending the money to get into lipo on top of the truck itself.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:43 AM
HerrSavage

ORIGINAL: Pinolelst

Why do you say that ?? MY brushless LST's make my old nitro versions look anemic in the power dept... [:'(]

Steve

No offense to those who have and enjoy them - to each his own. But I personally find electric mind-numbingly boring.. To me it doesn't matter how fast they are. Without the sound and smoke and screaming RPM's, electric is like watching an action movie on mute, or dancing without music.. Have seen quite a few high end brushless Revos and truggies and MT's recently, and yes they are fast, but my level of interest plumets to like nil from the lack of sound. There's just no exhileration for me like there is with nitro. I run in a park nearby where parents take their young kids out a lot, and you can just see their eyes pop open in awe when I run my LST2 past them.. Old peole too - all ages.. I just don't believe electric would get their eyes as wide. Kind of sums up my feeling too. Electric just doesn't exhilerate like nitro does.

I'm also kind of sick of hearing people say "elo is the future", "go brushless", etc.. I think it's a trend - and sure it's a bigger part of RC now, but it'll just coexist with nitro. I also suspect a lot of people who have "gone brushless" are nitro guys who just wanted to try something new, and when brushless gets old a lot will just go back to nitro. I can't imagine newbs going into hobby shops spending $1000 for a full on brushless setup.. No way would I invest the money in one.. Just me though..
Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
bjhe333

Steve

No offense to those who have and enjoy them - to each his own. But I personally find electric mind-numbingly boring.. To me it doesn't matter how fast they are. Without the sound and smoke and screaming RPM's, electric is like watching an action movie on mute, or dancing without music.. Have seen quite a few high end brushless Revos and truggies and MT's recently, and yes they are fast, but my level of interest plumets to like nil from the lack of sound. There's just no exhileration for me like there is with nitro. I run in a park nearby where parents take their young kids out a lot, and you can just see their eyes pop open in awe when I run my LST2 past them.. Old peole too - all ages.. I just don't believe electric would get their eyes as wide. Kind of sums up my feeling too. Electric just doesn't exhilerate like nitro does.

I'm also kind of sick of hearing people say ''elo is the future'', ''go brushless'', etc.. I think it's a trend - and sure it's a bigger part of RC now, but it'll just coexist with nitro. I also suspect a lot of people who have ''gone brushless'' are nitro guys who just wanted to try something new, and when brushless gets old a lot will just go back to nitro. I can't imagine newbs going into hobby shops spending $1000 for a full on brushless setup.. No way would I invest the money in one.. Just me though..

Nice, My thoughts exactly. Some of those brushless trucks are pretty sick though.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:54 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Steve

I'm also kind of sick of hearing people say ''elo is the future'', ''go brushless'', etc.. I think it's a trend - and sure it's a bigger part of RC now, but it'll just coexist with nitro. I also suspect a lot of people who have ''gone brushless'' are nitro guys who just wanted to try something new, and when brushless gets old a lot will just go back to nitro. I can't imagine newbs going into hobby shops spending $1000 for a full on brushless setup.. No way would I invest the money in one.. Just me though..

Nope, not just you. You pretty much said what I keep thinking.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Lurp06x

you can tell christmas is coming with all these new releases coming out in the fall before the day after thanksgiving
Old 10-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Jailbird1818
My Feedback: (5)

NEW 1/10 TEN-T Nitro Truggy RTR, which features Losi’s revolutionary Remote On-Board Starting System (R.O.S.S.). Not what I wanted but it's OK.

-JB
Old 10-21-2009, 06:44 PM
monsterbrad

I have to say after the last few years of Losi I am ready to sell everything I have Losi this is stupid.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: beardking

Steve

Nope, not just you. You pretty much said what I keep thinking.

Yup my thoughts too.
If nitro didnt exist neither would my hobby
Old 10-21-2009, 07:55 PM
full maxx

where ya been IL2
Old 10-21-2009, 11:25 PM
HerrSavage

Well at least it's not freakin' electric.. Ha ha.. Not all that interesting though.. 1/12 may have been.. But 1/10 for me anyway will be too expensive to get one to just mess around..

Then again, in the sneak pic it does look good.. And 1/10 4wd nitro with Zombie-maxx tires - maybe a Losi 350 engine?.. Who knows, maybe Losi will have breathed some life into 1/10 scale, which to be honest for me has seemed pretty lame for a while.. What is there, the TT Mini MGT, and a few old re-run HPI/Hot Bodies things? I assume they'll bring out a Slayer rival based on the same platform...
Old 10-21-2009, 11:53 PM
iceracer65

well they could have done that before i scooped up an SC8....[:'(] although i love the SC8, i bleed losi
Old 10-21-2009, 11:59 PM
HerrSavage

I so want an SC8 to compliment my RC8 and RC8T.. WAY too pricey though.. So maybe this will have to compliment my LST2's...
Old 10-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Lurp06x

dont quote me on this but i got a losi update off face book saying its the nitro losi Ten-T nitro truggy RTR with the Remote on-board starting system.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:04 AM
TC4JW

New Losi 1/10 Truggy Info

[link=http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB0126]Losi Ten-T 1/10 truggy[/link]
Old 10-22-2009, 11:36 AM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew it, A Nitro Truggy. LHS has got 2 ordered and one is for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.