Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Exaust Gas Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Exaust Gas Cooler

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

As for my dewalt powered e revo.......it works very well! and i can even replace the brushes I recomend this to everyone looking for more power. Now THAT IS an informed statement!
Good stuff. Not to de-rail this thread, but it would be cool to see pics and some details. Maybe start your own thread on that.

ps: On the super-charger, I've read about it not working very well. But I appreciate the person who bought it and tested it and let us all know about it.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:51 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fired up my truck and tried to measure the pressure line gas temperature with a fully warmed up engine and pipe; but the results were inconclusive, as my infrared gauge was reading the temperature of the inside of the fuel tank lid rather than the gas temp.

I'll have to pick up a cooking thermometer and measure the fuel temperature midway through a run. That should give a better indication of what effect a pressure line heatsink might have, since it accounts for the relatively high heat capacity of the liquid fuel.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

hpi savage , it would be nice if you do that.

that way we could clearly see if the fuel absorb heat or not.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:17 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

i got the part today, took a long time because its from china and im in Quebec, Canada.

looks good, i will install it in the next days and try it in a couple weeks, when the weather will be good for the break-in of my 2 454.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82197.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1394555  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those fins look bigger than I thought they would be. If it doesn'twork, it won't be because of lack of cooling fin area.

Looking forward to your test results!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 PM
bauerbach

Just a thought, but if you run a nitro engine too hot, you can vaporize the fuel in the line before it gets to the carb, and stall your engine. with that said, presumably no one would intentionally do this. but you would expect there is likely significant heating of the gas just as it enters the carb. could the potential few degrees of change such a device might offer, actually matter in the grand scheme when the fuel is rapidly heated just before entering the engine?

does the fuel temp even MATTER to it? does hot fuel have a lower viscosity than cold fuel? is it enough of a difference to have any sort of affect?

It does seem like it would be purely about consistancy, unlike exhaust, we are in no rush to get fuel into the engine, we have carb needles to adjust the fuel flow and we are no where near the maximum wide open potential of it if we decided we need more.

all in all, as engines get hotter, they do tend to run leaner IME, but I dont think that little fuel filter is likely to change that, as its more about the chamber and heating of the carb, not the fuel in the silicone insulated fuel line.