Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

servos

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:47 PM
kody29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos

whats a good replacement servos for steering on lst2

Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 AM
NORCALLUMP

Default RE: servos

you can always be cheap, use traxxas 2075. more torque than stock jr, and water proof too!!! there is the old stand by, hitec 645 or even better 5645!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:41 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

JR 650's. JR servos are ideal, because you don't have to change the servo arm setup. There is a cheaper JR 650 clone, but I don't know where to find it just now.

I personally just stock up on 2-3 extra stock Z590 servos.. They're cheap and direct replacements. I've thought about upgrading to 650's, but were I to do that, I'd want six of them for my two LST2's.. Backup steering servos are important IMO. And on a dual steering-servo truck like the LST2, that can add up to a lot of servos.. So I'm not about to spend 300 bucks to do that, or even 150 for one truck. With the 590's costing as little as they do, and not requiring mods, for me I can live with not-so-great servos.. I.e. the benefits of upgrading don't outweigh the high costs, for me and my budget anyway..

If I had the dough though, I'd get Hitec 5985's, and research what mods you need to do regarding the servo savers/servo arms.. Something from an MGT I think...
Old 04-23-2010, 07:00 AM
crazysavage

Can you run a single monster servo on the LST or would the servo saver be too week. I cant believe there is not a single servo mod kit out there for this truck.