Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

new member with pics of my new LST

Old 02-28-2010, 02:04 PM
monsterbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member with pics of my new LST

Hey all,found the site from a friend.Looks like lots of good info on here.Im sure im gonna need it.I started off with a stampede electric truck and just had to get a gas truck.What a big difference,like night and day,a real mans toy!!lolAnyway I got a good deal on a lst,and played with it for a bit,but the motor gave up and im now having a .30 lrp motor put in at the LHS(hopefully a good choice)!!I got a bug body custom painted and I really like it.Im one of those with a need for speed(and chrome lol),and will be doing my best to make this a cool toy!Anyway here is a couple pics I took of the lst.Im really looking forward to hearing your opinions and advice on this truck,thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72532.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	1388592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75894.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	1388593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97591.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	1388594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz76285.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1388595  
Old 02-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Derty Werk

Default RE: new member with pics of my new LST

First off welcome to the site. You really should wrench on the truck yourself its a great way of learning the ins and outs of the truck. Nice looking truck btw
Old 02-28-2010, 04:41 PM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: Derty Werk

First off welcome to the site. You really should wrench on the truck yourself its a great way of learning the ins and outs of the truck. Nice looking truck btw
i second that! half of the hobby is working on these things, so you will really need to learn how to do it yourself. That is a nice lookin body on that thing! But i would strongly recomend looking into a LST2 conversion kit. if you dont you will be breaking axels and stripping wheel hexes A LOT! The stock hexes on the first LST were 14mm plastic hexes and are complete garbage. Plus it comes with stronger arms, 17mm wheels, and a few other little things but i cant remember.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:13 PM
pointblank

Nice lid on that machine! Welcome to the community.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM
monsterbug

Thanks guys!I really didnt want to try to tune and set up this first motor of mine(cost too much),and mess it up.So Im gonna let them install it and tune it.Then Im going to start on it from there.I used to run only 2 strokes in sand drags and I have those down pat!I was having a hard time cause I cant just do a "plug chop" to see where Im at.So,after you all help me,I'll me good to go on my own truck!lol Also,I want to make the bug look like a real bug with THIN  front tires and rims(sand style),and the bigger paddles on rear.I cant find any thin buggy style rims to fit it.Im sure they will have to be the same height because of the 4x4 system???Anyone have any idea's on those rims and tires? Also wI had them upgrade the clutches,anything else I should do besides the LST2 kit?Im not sure what pipe they sold me,but they said its good and will work fine on the LRP .30 motor.What do you all think would be the best pipe for that motor?Also is the stock gearing a good place to start,or is there another set up that I will like better?I'll be bashing it,climbing hills,and maybe some sand drag racing with friends!!Thanks again for the advice and warm welcome!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
mrsmartjohnson

ORIGINAL: monsterbug

Thanks guys!I really didnt want to try to tune and set up this first motor of mine(cost too much),and mess it up.So Im gonna let them install it and tune it.Then Im going to start on it from there.I used to run only 2 strokes in sand drags and I have those down pat!I was having a hard time cause I cant just do a "plug chop" to see where Im at.So,after you all help me,I'll me good to go on my own truck!lol Also,I want to make the bug look like a real bug with THIN front tires and rims(sand style),and the bigger paddles on rear.I cant find any thin buggy style rims to fit it.Im sure they will have to be the same height because of the 4x4 system???Anyone have any idea's on those rims and tires? Also wI had them upgrade the clutches,anything else I should do besides the LST2 kit?Im not sure what pipe they sold me,but they said its good and will work fine on the LRP .30 motor.What do you all think would be the best pipe for that motor?Also is the stock gearing a good place to start,or is there another set up that I will like better?I'll be bashing it,climbing hills,and maybe some sand drag racing with friends!!Thanks again for the advice and warm welcome!
The LST2 upgrade kit is $109 on OverdriveRC.com, best price i have found! personally I'm going to just replace the broken parts as they fail (I have a new aftershock with LST upgrades and SH .28MP3 engine) You know which one!! I am going to go buy the 22 or 23mm XXL hexes and beffier partsinstead of the LST2 kit smaller hexes!

P.S. Has anybody tried a RC solutions roll cage yet, they are made here locally! On sale for $70 on Ebay but I believe I can buy cheaper locally???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pn37088.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	1389441   Click image for larger version

Name:	qm35796.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	1389442   Click image for larger version

Name:	ej13779.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	1389443   Click image for larger version

Name:	uo36665.jpg
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	1389444   Click image for larger version

Name:	cn78219.jpg
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1389445   Click image for larger version

Name:	yp93482.jpg
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1389446  
Old 03-01-2010, 05:54 PM
mrsmartjohnson

Hey steve,
you should make those headlights for real with new led headlights, they will look cool and let you run at night!!!