Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

sheared off carburetor

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 06:07 PM
stumpjumper1280

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sheared off carburetor

I was running my lst today and sheared the carb off clean I was wondering if anyone knows what OS carb will work on this engine since I have to buy a new one anyways I would rather upgrade I have a couple xtm carbs that will fit but now I'm going backwards. If anyone else has had this problem or if anyone jnows the answer to my question please let me know
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 PM
animalnut

Default RE: sheared off carburetor

how do you shear off a carb?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:36 PM
stumpjumper1280

I ran up undeneath my truck but it didn't seem like I hit anything it just looks like some cheap cast alluminum but I've got a couple of XTM 24.7 carb that fits till I can find the perfect OS for it if I ever have a carb prob I just put an OS carb on it I just need to figure out which one has the same dimensions
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 AM
bauerbach

I suspect posting the same post in 2 unrelated threads isnt the best way to get help?

why not just get a replacment?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSR2222
Old 03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
pointblank

When you say sheared off do you mean the carb was loose and it got knocked out or you ran the truck into something and the metal base of the carb physically separated from the carb body? If it's the second case I would say you may have damaged your crank case enough to allow air into the engine, and that's pretty much a death sentence for the engine. So a replacement carb may be the least of your concerns. If the case is ok ID just replace it with the stock carb.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
animalnut

yea if it sheared off in the engine I would have to agree it's shot or maybe there is enough carb sealant to fix it IDK? But I would just pick up a new engine, now you have an excuse! It's completely justified
Old 03-24-2010, 07:20 PM
stumpjumper1280

theres nothing wrong with the engine it ran out of gas instantly and I'm getting an OS for it tomorrow and the reason I don't just replace it with stock is because the stock one was junk and nobody makes a carburetor like OS,and RB all my engines run OS now onto the 2 different post issue I was looking for some help and good advice thats why no a rude comment from somebody who has nothing better to do than read the forum all day. Have a good day )
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 PM
animalnut

I was not trying to be rude sorry if it came off that way, I just figured the neck on the block could be out of shape making for a bad air leak there was no sarcasm when I trash something I go to my wife and say look I need a new one now, she looks it's broke I get a new one that's all I was saying. Sorry if you took it wrong.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:11 PM
stumpjumper1280

Thats ok no offence take. I'm hoping one of the carbs my friend has will work if not I can race with the XTM carb I got on friday until I can get a new one I just like OS but their big blocks still need a little tweaking I'll wait for them to get all the bugs worked out
Old 03-24-2010, 08:28 PM
animalnut

is it a stock mach427 (orange head) if so I have a body laying around you can have it just needs o-rings.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
stumpjumper1280

no its the teal headed .26 but I appreciate it that's very generous.I will let everybody know tomorrow what os carb works in case anybody has any future problems