Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

anyone tried this ?

Old 04-03-2010, 01:15 PM
glk420247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone tried this ?

Just to help protect your A-arms and make them a little tougher .[link]http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3573716&clickid=prod_cs[/link]
Old 04-03-2010, 04:27 PM
CR500rider

Default RE: anyone tried this ?

i think i would just buy rpm arms and be done with it.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:52 PM
glk420247

Yes i agree. But I already have 4 sets of stockers. I personally like the lst2 A-arms very solid, just looking to do something with them to make them tougher. I think it would work great plus you could add some color to them other than just blue or black.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:24 PM
animalnut

probably look good on some chassis plates, I was thinking about using some spray on bed liner for the top plate on mine, but not sure might just go CF?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:04 PM
glk420247

Funny. I might be trying that rubber coating stuff on my side rails. I just snapped the left rear side rail today bye the gas tank. I ran my truck up a tree to do a back flip off of it and it landed on the back rear tire and snap.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:31 PM
bauerbach

theres no structural strength to that... its a soft coating, if the arms gonna snap, its gonna snap. all that is is extra weight IMO.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
glk420247

Your right it is a soft coating. But it is the same material that RPM uses. Just like tool companies use on their handles. Again yes they will break just like RPMS break. But it will add a little protection, also so color. Anyway this is just something I stumbled across. I will post some pics when I do it to a couple of my A-arms. Prolly this weekend I will give it a shot. I will prolly do the front and rear dogbones also, just to give it some color. i don't care about the weight for I am just a club racer and basher.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:31 AM
bauerbach

I was under the impression RPM used a stronger material and a different structural design to increase strength. Ive never actually owned RPM arms though to feel them, I didnt know they were soft on the outside..
Old 04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: glk420247

Your right it is a soft coating. But it is the same material that RPM uses. Just like tool companies use on their handles. Again yes they will break just like RPMS break. But it will add a little protection, also so color. Anyway this is just something I stumbled across. I will post some pics when I do it to a couple of my A-arms. Prolly this weekend I will give it a shot. I will prolly do the front and rear dogbones also, just to give it some color. i don't care about the weight for I am just a club racer and basher.
rpm arms are plastic not rubber. plasti dip is rubber, mostly used to insulate tools to protect from electric shock, and for comfort. I dont know where you heard RPM is the same as plasti dip, but whoever said that is wrong
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Pinolelst

Simply one of the worst ideas I've read on the intraweb....[:@]

Steve