RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Losi Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/)
-   -   Where to buy LST (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/10317690-where-buy-lst.html)

mkruse 02-06-2011 06:58 PM

Where to buy LST

My lhs wants 700 dollars for the lst2 and I was wondering where I could buy an lst 2 that would be cheaper, without a radio and doesnt have to be assembled. Thanks

SMOKEFAN 02-06-2011 07:19 PM

RE: Where to buy LST

Peep This deal. I nearly cried when I saw it
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...;ParentCat=300

mkruse 02-06-2011 08:52 PM

that is a really good deal!! I just wish I could find a place I could get it without the radio because I already have a nice specktrum setup.... :(

mkruse 02-06-2011 09:09 PM

I found one on ebay that is only 100$$ but the guy says it doesnt run because he broke the starter. Even if the motor is bad its still a good deal because it comes with a bunch of extras and it doesnt include a radio!!! found what I am looking for

cummins driver 02-08-2011 08:31 PM

Did you buy the truck? I saw it and it looked like a great deal because it looked almost new and probably for $200 total it would have been RTR.

Eric

ntrain42 02-09-2011 08:51 AM

I paid $539 for my XXL shipped. Places like overdriveRC and stormer hobbies normally sell these for around $550.

If I were you, mention to your local hobby shop that you can pick one up online in the $550 range(which still gives him a full $100-150 dollar profit), maybe he will cut you a deal if you let him know you will be buying alot of aftermarket parts for it. Parts is where the BIG profits are in this hobby anyway. Markup on parts is normally in the 100-200% range, and thats no joke.

SMOKEFAN 02-09-2011 08:56 AM

more like 35-40% on parts and 15% on cars and kits. Dont kid yourself the margins are that large. i have had 2 shops and to stay competetive with the net and the market your not making much. I run on volume rather then price so it does help aswell as having a 1/24 slot car track and local races. I wish I was byuing LST's for 400 bux from horizon but it's not the case or even close to the case

ntrain42 02-09-2011 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: SMOKEFAN

more like 35-40% on parts and 15% on cars and kits. Dont kid yourself the margins are that large. i have had 2 shops and to stay competetive with the net and the market your not making much. I run on volume rather then price so it does help aswell as having a 1/24 slot car track and local races. I wish I was byuing LST's for 400 bux from horizon but it's not the case or even close to the case
Then you might need to renegotiate or buying price or buy in larger bulk. I used to work for NE RC which does very good local sales as well as respectable online sales as well. Example. A losi FOC kit that retails for $26.99, out net cost would be just over$14. With horizon, the larger bulk orders per quarter equals more discount on wholesale pickup, and depending onwho your wholesale rep is, wholesale pricing is negotiable. Things like AE pinions retailing for 5 bucks, cost would be around 2 etc. Cost on the XXL wholesale here locally through the same shop is $439 direct from Horizon. I can just image what places like Stormer Hobbies, Tower etc get for wholesale cuts, but its obviously better than places like Overdrive,NE,Hobby etc. and others.

Nytro97 02-09-2011 09:39 AM

ntrain42 is 100% right... I have a friend who owned a hobby shop and I saw what the stuff costs. It is hard for a small hobby shop to make any money at all with the internet that sell in large numbers.

SMOKEFAN 02-09-2011 09:43 AM

Been in the game for along time. Margins are not that high. Tower hobbies is Owned by great planes. I to realize selling at retail will push people to the net. Im usually a few bux under retail unless there are Map pricing. I dont risk my business relationships over a couple of bux when map pricing is involved. You do realize that markupand Marginare completely different?

tman48 04-13-2011 04:27 PM

I sent you a pm