RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Losi Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/)
-   -   Lst Elec. conversion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/10912244-lst-elec-conversion.html)

futureboy1969 01-16-2012 04:10 PM

Lst Elec. conversion

Hey guys. I just picked up used LST to do an Eletric Conversion.. I tore it all down and did a nice clean up. I have the Mamba Monster combo ready and wait n for her...just need to order the Losi conver. kit...just like to hear from anyone who did one.....

ImpalaPolicePack 01-17-2012 07:41 PM

RE: Lst Elec. conversion

the losi kit is crap, but The Dude parts are expensive.

i made my own motor mount with a 3$ 1/4'' alum angle, and a 20$ Rc-Monster battery tray. (you will also need the simple speed hud from losi about 20$)

Orcatkt 01-18-2012 04:30 PM

Iused the Losi kit in mine. Everything worked just fine, Iam sure there are better quality units but this one works as good as any. With some throttle control there isnt even a wheelie problem with the weight distribution. Iran mine on 2* 2s packs and it was great, sold it recently to buy a new project.
There is a thread on here with pictures of how mine went.

Maj_Overdrive 01-20-2012 06:58 PM

The Losi kit has its limitations. Gearing being the biggest limitation, you're basically stuck with the 25T pinion they give you and the 63T 2nd gear spur. The mount can't get any closer to the trans without hitting it, and you'd have to open up the holes in the chassis to get it much further away. If you run the 2200kv combo on 4s you should be ok though, higher voltages I'd recommend a lower kv or a different mount for more gearing options. The batteries being out back makes the truck wheely alot in my opinion and I have pretty good throttle control. Thats fairly easy to fix though, just cut the tray down and mount it up front like I did. FYI I bought my truck already converted and it was too good of a deal to pass up so I made the kit work for me. It also already had the single speed hub, which is needed to get rid of the brake servo and mount the battery tray up front. But the single speed isn't included in the conversion kit. If I was going to do another truck, I'd go with either The Dude Mount or make my own, Losi single speed hub (The Dudes hub is pretty but u can't see it with a gear cover on it) and a RC-Monster battery tray.

Here's my truck: Losi kit, Losi hub, cc1520, 5s, 25/63, ~45mph
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...0Sale2/016.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...0Sale2/017.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...0Sale2/019.jpg
Inspiration for a homemade mount
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...mikesbuild.jpg

mechanike 03-28-2012 04:29 PM

hey maj.overdrive is that a clutchbell for a brushless? who sells that?thnx

Maj_Overdrive 03-28-2012 06:35 PM

IDK much about the last pic I posted, something I found on a forum. The clutchbell appears to be a standard 2 speed nitro clutch bell with a Tekno Elektroclutch adapter. RC-Monster also sells a 2 speed pinion adapter.

mechanike 03-29-2012 04:51 AM

yeah i got a lst-2 roller coming for $130 shipped i will convert. i always wanted a cluch on a brushless.the ofna is too jerky without it.did not know it was posssible thanks!!

mechanike 04-30-2012 08:03 AM

yeah just got done with conversion.veh.came without any swaybars.should i get both or is only the front needed

devious1 05-03-2012 04:55 PM

All depends on where your main running is going to be,
I mostly run street so i had sways all the way around
my last one hardly ever seen the street so i didn't bother with the sway bars...

If your going to do sways go all the way around...

P.S. Need some pics...

mechanike 05-03-2012 05:22 PM

thanks.seems great on the street,,,,,,,,,,i'll try a pick file might be too big.i try downloading a pic twice both times it says succesful but nothing appears.maybe i'm blocked cause i have not ben here long enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mechanike 05-06-2012 10:24 AM

hey maj.overdrive what are you using for brakes? you have a clutch so can't use the motor.servo is gone for the disc brakes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maj_Overdrive 05-06-2012 08:56 PM

My truck is the 1st three pics I posted. The last pic is not mine and I do not know exact details, there may be a clutch, the clutchbell could be also be locked onto a custom adapter, IDK for sure. With a clutch you need to run mechanical brakes though. I have single speed hub with a pinion, no clutch so I'm using motor/esc brakes. Startup on sensorless brushless isn't always the smoothest, but once its rolling I don't have any issues. Brakes take a little getting used to and some tuning with max force and curves, but again IMO I don't see a need for mechanical brakes with brushless vehicles.

mechanike 05-07-2012 05:30 AM

thanx maj.overdrive.

futureboy1969 05-25-2012 02:59 AM

Ok... I'm back to say, that my E-lst is ONE of the most SWEETIEST tucks i have and the funniest!!! I post pic. asap!! the Losi coversion kit worked great and the single speed hub too..I bash and race my truck..Nothing bad to say about it...

mechanike 05-25-2012 03:17 AM

yessir i'm a big fan.two speed thats blistering fast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,have not topped it out yet.keep runnning out of room!

futureboy1969 05-25-2012 07:10 AM

To each is own, bro...but my lst kit is solid!! here's a few pics. Well sorry . damn site won't upload the pix..i'll try later.

futureboy1969 05-25-2012 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Uploading finaily worked!!....And YES I use the same body for my Nitro Lst...if ur wondering about the air holes..lol

digital1234 06-08-2012 04:15 AM

This is truck motor to big areal tyre for the  riding on the high mountains  and the  areal  of the tyre so  high  there is  chance of slip in the  stone  parts. truck ramps is the  Great post to know more  information about the   truck loading ramps   make it your link.

Muskokarc 06-08-2012 09:16 AM

Ok that did not make any sense.

mechanike 06-08-2012 10:00 AM

yeah its not at all your location its happening here also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,trailerpark boys rule!!!!!

Maj_Overdrive 06-13-2012 05:22 PM

Thanks for posting up your truck, looks good! I don't mean to harp on mounting the battery up front, but it will lower the center of gravity improving handling and the weight up front seems to help handling overall. But if you're happy with it as is keep on truckin!

bugeyes 10-04-2012 06:40 PM

Maj Overdrive, I like the idea of using Traxxas receiver box for the receiver, may I know what receiver do you use? lmk, thanks.

mechanike 11-17-2012 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the 2 speed retained model with cyntrifical clutch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,