Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

RCC OH LORD!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

RCC OH LORD!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RCC OH LORD!!!!!!

OH Lord my poor sides are killing me. I haven’t been to RCC too often since I was banned but a friend sent me a link to the latest topic “MAAC President Resigns” http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=190428
First they go after Clair Murray then Ron Dodd and now Kevin McGrath it’s like watching the movie Young Frankenstein. The villagers (RCC) led by Inspector Kemp (Sharpe) are running around with pitchforks looking for victims. See this is the problem with ARFs no one spends enough time at the building table.

Dennis
Old 01-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Ed Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCC OH LORD!!!!!!

I haven’t been to RCC too often since I was banned
So you got banned too! So did I. At least I am in good company.

Ed Smith
Old 01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Propworn

The long and short of it was I commented that when Jason ran the site it was a family oriented site one which I had no problem steering our younger club members too. Now it would appear that off color jokes and you tube videos rife with four letter diatribes were the norm even the new owner seems to take pleasure in posting links that would offend any right thinking parent. Next thing I was banned for life. No loss Ed it went downhill so fast after Jason left. Very few of the old guard left. I like RCU and a few other Scale forums. No loss in my book.

By the way Ed we are still listed as members I guess thats how he justifies his head count for his sponsors. Like Florida letting dead people vote

Dennis
Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey I was banned too!!!! Rick is a forum Nazi, he forgets that without members you won't have sponsors or a website. Turns out that after being banned for a year or so, I haven't missed it.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Propworn

Banned members are kept on the list of members so he fibs a little about the number of members on RCC. Most of the originals are either banned or just don't bother going there any more. Even the guys I know who still have access have not bothered to offer anything for sale there or post. The forum went downhill fast after Jason let it go. To bad it used to be a great forum.

Dennis
Old 04-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Kevin Perry

I hardly go there anymore ...maybe once every couple of months .I can't stand the crap.

KP
Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Propworn

ORIGINAL: Kevin Perry

I hardly go there anymore ...maybe once every couple of months .I can't stand the crap.

KP

Hey Kevin good to hear from ya. Everything good for you? Anthing new to fly this year? You and Randy still keep in touch? Hows he doing?

Dennis
Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I see they just changed the theme again. I got banned when they changed it last time for making a suggestion amongst all the people telling Rick flat out that the theme sucked. There are more people telling him now how bad it sucks. They aren't banned haha. I still can't see the site without a proxy server, don't much care, I just check it now and then to see if there is anything interesting in the classifieds. That guy is a piece of work, if I knew how to do a website I'd probably make one called RCRick sucks or something. He had it out for me from day one, mind you, Jason didn't like me and told Rick, and I quote "He is a cancer to the site, I recommend you get rid of him". Rick told me this in a PM, he also called me a cancer in multiple forum posts. Funny when name calling is against the rules haha.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Kevin Perry

Hi Dennis,

Still working 6 days a week now for 4 years straight (beats being on layoff!). Yea ...I got a Top Flite 1/5 scale P-40 I am working on .I stripped off the covering, fixed everything I didn't like, glassed the plane using the oil/water base polyurethane system...man o man do they ever come out nice without mess of the resin! I did full panel lines, panels, rivits and fasteners . I am just about ready to paint then weathering . Going to do a no conventional scheme ..no sharks mouth on this P-40. Yes, I still talk to Randy quite a bit. He is on a R/C break ...sick of the crap also . he has really got into sledge hockey and that is his passion . I've been to a few games and the team he plays on is quite good. I'm sure he will come back to flying when he is ready.

KP
Old 04-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Propworn

I can just picture looking up and seeing that face peering out from behind the mask pretty intimidating. Actually I ran into a family with a young man just starting out sledge hockey about 3 years ago and they had nothing but good things to say about Randy. They really liked him and he gave a lot of help to the young man. I always knew he was a big old softy at heart
Old 08-19-2013, 08:01 PM
SlowBoatTim

Just wanted to say I love RCC. Boat section is a bit slow but they are all very nice there.
No Drama, cool giveaways and they do cool interviews with members.
Maybe instead of you guys crying year over year you should do something productive and get involved with the hobby instead of politics. Maybe make a trip to your own work benches and actually do something
Old 08-24-2013, 07:11 AM
flysrc

Yes and I too was banned. No loss though. I was one of the originals on RCC back when there was less than 100 members. I was banned 2 months ago when an RCC member posted a video of a little girl being hit in the head on her bike with an Rc car. Rick posted some poorly worded comments about it being her fault. I'm an RN whom works with dementia, Alzheimer's, and acquired brain injury( like being struck in the frontal lobe (forehead)). I sent him a very well professionally worded PM letting him know how I felt about his comments and some links to websites trying to educate him on acquired brain injury(ABI). Next thing I know I'm banned for life with no explanation required or needed. Nice guy eh!!!!
dave
yup not many if any of the old original guard left...

Last edited by flysrc; 08-24-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Frank M Klenk

Dave!
I wondered where you went. No kidding, banned. Only a small handful of us originals yet. Jason ran a good site back then, sure miss those days. Hey, Tim and son were out at the field last week, few small issues to tidy up before he can fly. Hopefully they are back this week and we'll have some fun. His son is keen too.

Originally Posted by flysrc
Yes and I too was banned. No loss though. I was one of the originals on RCC back when there was less than 100 members. I was banned 2 months ago when an RCC member posted a video of a little girl being hit in the head on her bike with an Rc car. Rick posted some poorly worded comments about it being her fault. I'm an RN whom works with dementia, Alzheimer's, and acquired brain injury( like being struck in the frontal lobe (forehead)). I sent him a very well professionally worded PM letting him know how I felt about his comments and some links to websites trying to educate him on acquired brain injury(ABI). Next thing I know I'm banned for life with no explanation required or needed. Nice guy eh!!!!
dave
yup not many if any of the old original guard left...
Old 09-01-2013, 04:01 PM
flysrc

Frank,
Tim said he was out he other day. He talks alot about flying just needs to get a few life issues worked out. But he is detirmined. I'm not sure what was up with dads plane as the eek previous I was down visiting him and gave his plane the once over all control surfaces worked in the right direction and I ran 2 tanks of fuel through the motor stopping and starting several times through out and hand starting the old fashion way and only requiring a couple of flips each time. I ran it around the ground taxiing it for fun and checking the steering. All was fine. Issue is the old guy gets bored and starts fooling around. Both are undetirred and will be in the air again soon. Let me know if you are flying in the highschool gym his winter. I'm getting pretty good at the indoor F3 patterns
Good to hear from you. I plan on giving IMMAC. A whirl next year and my kids are getting older. Can't wait.

Dave