Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Once Again Harpy and His Sidekick

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Once Again Harpy and His Sidekick

Old 03-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Once Again Harpy and His Sidekick

As long as there has been a Canadian RC Forum the same tired lament from the same group led of course by Marc Sharpe (Sharpy) and Ken Kalniuk (cf100) about how they know that the majority of MAAC does not want to belong to the FAI, support competition yadda yadda yadda. They presume to speak for this vast unheard majority even claiming an old boys club holds MAAC hostage. I have not met anyone who supported this line of thinking and I have attended many events in Ontario. I do remember meeting many MAAC members from all over and they all struck me as able to make up their own minds on any subject and would talk quite intelligently and forcefully about issues important to them. I would conclude from this that most members if they felt strongly enough about any subject regarding MAAC would certainly make their opinions known to their ZD. All one has to do is look at the South East Zone in Ontario this past year. If members feel strongly enough they will act. It took but a few months for the members of that zone to rally and effect a change. Ken and Marc have been at it for over 15 years and have yet to accomplish a single change. Slow learners or stubborn they don’t seem to get it, not many are interested in their private pet peeve with MAAC.

You do not have to attend the AZM or the AGM to have your vote count. At the AZM you attend or sign your proxy over to someone you trust and your vote will be cast. A closed proxy addresses specific issues and is not practical at the AZM as many new proposals are made.

At the AGM it’s quite different. All the resolutions and recommendations submitted from the zone meetings are published in the magazine. You can fill out a closed proxy stating how you wish your vote to be cast on each and every issue. You can assign your open proxy to someone you trust. You can attend in person; if you do nothing your zone director carries the weight of your vote. At the AGM every paid up member’s vote is counted one way or the other. It is up to you to use the system to make your voice heard.

Our constitution had enshrined the support and fostering of competition in Canada. Now it has been worded differently as amended in 2009 http://www.maac.ca/docs/2007/master_...ch_29_2009.pdf As part of this we retain membership in other organizations which make obtaining sporting licenses, record keeping and so on at the required national and international level. To drop this would require a change in the constitution as it is now written. This requires the proposal to come as a resolution from one or more of the zones at one of the AZMs. This would be voted on at the AGM. I believe there is a minimum percentage of the membership required to pass changes to our constitution. So even if the old boys club wanted to change it they would still have to follow the same procedure.

Fifteen years including those Marc spent as Zone Director and they haven’t even been able to move this to first base. I wonder why they have never pushed a resolution addressing these proposals from their own zone. Perhaps they want someone else to do the work for them or they have tried and failed.

Marc, Ken why not get off yer butt and do something about it instead of bellyaching to everyone within ear shot. Do like the Southeast Zone did action always speaks louder than words.

Dennis Pratt (Propworn)
Old 03-23-2013, 06:19 PM
danilo-2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Once Again Harpy and His Sidekick

More than enough reasons outlined above to avoid any such memberships .. Like the plague.
Old men infighting about Nothing  (beyond territory / peeing rights.). Continually.
 Flying Toy airplanes was/is fun.. once one removes the Barnacles.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:14 AM
Propworn

Isn't it a great hobby when you are not forced to play in the same sandbox with others you despise? Lots of open spaces in this wonderful country for you to fly and if you’re lucky you may even find others who share your views. So it makes me wonder why you want to rain on someone else’s parade when they choose a different sandbox than you. Sounds to me like there might be some envy of the benefits and friendships we enjoy. You have fun cupcake, we are, and if you ever get tired of your sandbox you’re still welcome to join ours.

Dennis
Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Mikecam

Ha Ha Propworn, someone else who thinks your just full of B&*#%@+&. Ha Ha Ha

Hey how hard was it to teach Ronnieo to copy and paste, or did he type it out word for word. Ha Ha Ha You sick %#$@. Ha ha
Old 05-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Propworn

Well we know most of Sharpe and Kens minions were not sure which one are you. So if Mark and Ken are on the outside which of the two inside ones are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3djs4gXKOhc&NR
Old 05-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Propworn

Maybe minions may not be what I am thinking of more like Larva maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSLOjotbFI
Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Propworn

MAAC may seem goofy at times but here are Marc and Ken leading the minions and cutting loose of MAAC
Marc and Ken are in the middle of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOiyD26cJ2A
Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Cross Check

Hi Propworn,

We miss you and EdS...

As usual, they run away...

Until next time...[:'(]

Funny thing is, not one of 'them' will actually say they are 'Against Maac FAI Funding'...

I am for 'Maac FAI Funding', and never have/will enter an FAI event.

But, I will support Canada's best, competing with the World's best...[8D][8D][8D]

(BTW, I would have been kicked off RCC long ago, if, I actually could say what I thought!)

I just learned the 'internet games' they play, thanks to you, and will keep 'competing' with them.

I guess somehow in my 'Walter Mitty' mind...

I am a 'for FAI' competitor ! ! !

Cheers my friends,

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team
Old 06-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Propworn

Good to hear from you Dave if rcc was like when Jason ran it I would feel badly being banned. With RCDICK ruining the thing I could care less except it leaves the morons to think they can post what they want unchallenged. Guys like you and Ronnio are doing ok keeping them in line. I think they have spun out now and you probably will not hear from them on these topics until next AGM when they start it all up again. Talk to you later Dave and thanks for the kind words.

Dennis
Old 06-01-2013, 07:06 AM
pitts M 12

Well now at least i have a excuse from joining MAAC. ( I fly at a local park ).

JM
Old 06-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Propworn

ORIGINAL: pitts M 12

Well now at least i have a excuse from joining MAAC. ( I fly at a local park ).

JM
No problem with that JM and who can blame you after all its still a free country for the most part.

We try to have an organization that works for everyone from the raw beginner to the advanced competitive pilot. There are a few who are so against everything competition they go to unimaginable lengths to discredit or make fun of those who participate or support competition.

I wouldn’t let what you read here on the web influence your decision for or against joining MAAC. After all of over 12,000 members count the participants here and figure out what percentage they actually represent.

I joined MAAC many years ago because it was a requirement of belonging to the local club. I started flying over 40 years ago and had never even heard of the organization and it didn’t stop me from learning to build and fly but I always seemed to be doing it by myself.

I found the club I now belong to and wow there were a lot of guys just like me who enjoyed the hobby. Lots of them were much more advanced than I was so I ended up learning a lot in a very short time. I so enjoy the friendships I have made over the years I now belong to two clubs and travel quite a bit with my models meeting many others who also share what I enjoy. I have flown at many clubs across the US and Ontario and with my MAAC membership I am always welcome.

If you ever have reason to join MAAC let me be the first one to say welcome I hope you make many friends and expand your enjoyment of the hobby.

Dennis
Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 AM
pitts M 12

I think I might end up joining just so i could fly at the gimili model fest.

JM
Old 06-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Mikecam

Gimli Model fest is a blast and not one competition the whole week. Actually, Canada day in Gimli, Rainy River fish fry, Kenora fun fly are all great events and not one competition, just plane fun

Old Propworn has been bent for years.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Propworn

ORIGINAL: Mikecam

Paints a little faded few chips and dings on the leading edge, finger prints where I have been hand cranked and more than a few oil and grease marks but no bending or out of balance like a few others I could mention. Some like yourself I suspect are a bit low on compression and not running on all cylinders. Ability to rustle up an original thought dead stick on that one. Should I send someone to fetch ya in the juice isle I know it says concentrate on the sides of the boxes but you’re going to give yourself a headache staring like that? You have a nice day there cupcake and don't trip on your shoe laces.

Dennis
Old 06-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Ed Smith

Probably true. A lot of us have been "Bent" for many years. However if you want something done or some information, ask the "Bent" guys. We will gladly help and have a laugh at the same time.

Ed S

AH thems were the days!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45856.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	1894045  
Old 06-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Propworn

ORIGINAL: Ed Smith

Probably true. A lot of us have been ''Bent'' for many years. However if you want something done or some information, ask the ''Bent'' guys. We will gladly help and have a laugh at the same time.

Ed S

AH thems were the days!!

They just have no idea what its like to have a worthy goal Ed. Nice planes and the lady seems to be enjoying herself immensely. Says a lot for the hard work to reach that level. To bad they will never comprehend that in their lifetime. Those that can usually do those who cannot usually whine about everyone else who does.

Dennis
Old 07-02-2013, 09:22 AM
pitts M 12

just remebered that i have a football game that sunday BLAST

jm
Old 07-02-2013, 09:47 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Priorities?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:02 AM
pitts M 12

This will probably be my second to last game in this league so i want to get every game i can.

JM
Old 07-06-2013, 08:00 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

ORIGINAL: pitts M 12

I think I might end up joining just so i could fly at the gimili model fest.

JM

To offer another good reason to join MAAC (while off topic kind of from this thread).....

We are currently facing issues in the RC hobby, most recently, the incident involving an RC helicopter near YVR (Vancouver airport) at approximately 2000' presumably being flown via FPV. According to flight crew, it came within 100' of a 777 on approach and was also seen by 3 or 4 other aircraft on approach.
Couple that with all the other smaller (but they all accumulate) issues of people flying in public parks, FPV incidents etc, and we in the RC hobby are walking an incredibly slippery slope.
It is only a matter of time before Transport Canada and the Federal Government become highly involved in RC and place restrictions and further regulations on the hobby.
MAAC has always been very proactive in regards to being our "Voice" with Transport Canada and I believe it to be a respected organization in the eyes of the Gov't and it's varied organizations.
By following MAAC rules and regulations, and flying in a safe and proper manner (which if you follow MAAC rules and regs you will be doing) we limit the potential for Gov't intervention. Unfortunately there is a huge group who view MAAC only as an insurance policy and don't want to pay for that.
Once the Gov't gets involved further, MAAC will be our voice, we need to support that voice if we want any chance of this hobby remaining free as it is today. We don't want to see RC become regulated like full scale aviation, and we sure don't want to try to take on the gov't as individuals. Having a national organization in good standing is more important today than it's ever been. People seem to progress with stupidity as years go by, we need a voice of experience with good statistics to back up why it's sitll a safe hobby.

Even if you don't want to fly at a MAAC field, or attend events, for the $75 per year it costs to belong to MAAC, it's worth supporting them simply for the fact that they are the ones that will have the biggest voice for US, the modeler at the end of the day.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

ORIGINAL: Propworn

Good to hear from you Dave if rcc was like when Jason ran it I would feel badly being banned. With RCDICK ruining the thing I could care less except it leaves the morons to think they can post what they want unchallenged. Guys like you and Ronnio are doing ok keeping them in line. I think they have spun out now and you probably will not hear from them on these topics until next AGM when they start it all up again. Talk to you later Dave and thanks for the kind words.

Dennis
that's rich, since you a few others got sent down the road with a road map and an apple that leaves those still on the site 'morons'? (your words).

Ron
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Propworn

ORIGINAL: reo

ORIGINAL: Propworn

Dennis
that's rich, since you a few others got sent down the road with a road map and an apple that leaves those still on the site 'morons'? (your words).

Ron
Let me explain it to you slowly cupcake. I do this as a favor to you knowing you’re your comprehension of the spoken or written language is limited at best. This is the line you are referring to: “I could care less except it leaves the morons to think they can post what they want unchallenged.” Since you’re one of the three or four still posting on the subject you must realize that the line must refer to the members of that foursome of which you find yourself a paid up in full member. It is only your poor comprehension of the English language that would cause you to interpret an intentional slight which I directed at the fetid foursome to somehow include the other 99.9 percent of members of RCCanada. Hardly worth the air you breath.

Dennis