Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Farewell Col. Art Johnson - Wpg connection

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Farewell Col. Art Johnson - Wpg connection

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:39 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Farewell Col. Art Johnson - Wpg connection

We are saddened to hear that Col. Art Johnson past away on Sept. 14, Col. Johnson was also in the RCAF and stationed in Winnipeg. We all remember his articles in RCM magazine.

A biography is at [link]http://www.goldcoastrc.com/Johnson-Arthur.pdf[/link]

Old 09-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Donovan Dow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Farewell Col. Art Johnson - Wpg connection

Morning Ken

Wow, so much history there regarding the full scale military and model aircraft.

Thanks for the link.
Don Dow
Old 01-09-2006, 06:35 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Farewell Col. Art Johnson - Wpg connection

I just found out about "R.C.M." Scale Views columnist :Col.Art Johnson's Sept.05 passing and consider it a true loss to the scale military aircraft modeling community.

The Col.brought such an expanding ever expanding, technically informative,array of scale information to be disseminated by scale Aeronautics entusiast's like my self, with each new issue of Radio control Modeler (hopefully back soon) there was always "R.C.M.s Scale Views column."

On occasion I like to grab at random old model magazines stored away and just the other day in a (1982)issue of RCM Magazine was an informative article on retract gear doors..the areas he covered in scale were so diverse its hard to realizing we have lost such an INFORMATIVE scale model aircraft modeling enthusiast as he obviously was. I never met the Col. however The Prince Georges Radio Control Club P.G.R.C. in which I'm a long standing member in the early 1980s hosted the'Eastern regionals,' it was there parked right near 'Mr. Scale,'
Dave Platt's latest that I first saw Col. Art Johnson putting his twin OS108 powered F-82 Mustang thru its paces on the flight line. Gear up..

Col Art Johnson did it all from his U.S.A.F. career flying hot military aircraft to designing flying scale replicas of them later in life.
To the family and all who had the pleasure of knowing the Col. my sincere condolences______