Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Rodney Dangerfeld for MAAC - becel comercial

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Rodney Dangerfeld for MAAC - becel comercial

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 08:33 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rodney Dangerfeld for MAAC - becel comercial

If you have been following the Becel battle on the can
[link]http://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=18217&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=[/link]
the maac executive has sprung into action at the prodding of the rc can web site.

Mike,your on a soap box on this one and you are absolutely correct.We are not treated with the respect we're do because as a hobby we don't demand it.Complaining to the becel people as individuals is a good idea but more importantly,who in MAAC is going to take them to task? Everyone in this hobby from the top down and bottom up have to change the immage.
Mike is correct about the dum questions about crashing and a host of others.With the zone meetings coming up,this could be a good item to address and move to the AGM.Where are the PR guys from MAAC? They gotta get off their butts and do thie job.
Good one Mike.
IAn Gunn
MAAC 25307
The following was sent to the company this morning:

I have been led to believe that one of your commercials features an out of control model aircraft. This is very disturbing to 13 000 members of the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada who fly their models with great care, following rigorous safety guidelines. We would prefer a more positive image. The commercial does nothing to encourage us to use your product.
Richard Lyle Barlow
MAAC Vice President
Man, there are a lot of crazy ppl without senses of humour in this hobby!

Old 10-08-2005, 09:20 AM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rodney Dangerfeld for MAAC President

Ken, have you not yet worn out the "ctrl-c" and "ctrl-p" buttons on your keyboard yet?

Troll, Troll Troll troll your boat gently down the stream......
Old 10-08-2005, 11:24 AM
kenair

I miss you Chad, your flying just turns me on so much and you're so sweet and funny too, I'm glad that we are buds, hopefully we can get toghether soon and spend some time together.

Did you send in your Becel complaint too? those bad becel boys making fun our our toy airplanes, shame on them,

the Becel can thread is hilarous, imagine the stuff Becel sees us fly (oh my god, these guys play with toys, it'll make a good commercial) you guys are too funny over there.

[link=http://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=18217&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15]rc can & maac verses becel[/link]

Old 10-08-2005, 01:41 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: kenair

Did you send in your Becel complaint too? those bad becel boys making fun our our toy airplanes, shame on them,
Kinda hard to complain about something I have never seen.....I dont watch TV....too busy daydreaming about you.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:06 AM
ronnieo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: kenair

I miss you Chad, your flying just turns me on so much and you're so sweet and funny too, I'm glad that we are buds, hopefully we can get toghether soon and spend some time together.

the Becel can thread is hilarous, imagine the stuff Becel sees us fly (oh my god, these guys play with toys, it'll make a good commercial) you guys are too funny over there.

I agree, the whole thing is tongue in cheek funny...but the true "ImBecel" re-started the thread here.......
Old 10-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...very clever Ronnieo.

Ya see, that's why I could never move down there. I ain't dat clevers. [sm=stupid.gif]
Old 10-10-2005, 11:05 AM
kenair

ronnieo wrote:
Great Richard.....if they don't respond, MAAC should make a commercial of a R/C pilot having a heart attack while eating a slice of bread coated with Becel margarine...and see if they find the humor in that.
can you say PATHETIC

r/c gets exposure in a major commercial and twidledee and twidledum jump all over becel.

why not write to Becel and say - hey, we see you used an r/c model would you like to partner with maac in a program about........

Can you say "missed opportunity".