Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Should MAAC sell Advertising on the MAAC web site

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Should MAAC sell Advertising on the MAAC web site

Old 10-15-2005, 08:23 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Should MAAC sell Advertising on the MAAC web site

Should MAAC sell Advertising on the MAAC web site? Advertising is sold in the maac magazine.
[link=http://www.maac.ca/]MAAC[/link]
Old 10-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should MAAC sell Advertising on the MAAC web site

That's a good idea, might help the site receive more viewers. The funds could be put back into the site for improvements.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:13 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup!
Old 10-16-2005, 12:21 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

As a MAAC magazine advertiser for many years I don't see how having more advertising on the MAAC site will bring more 'hits' on the site. This is like buying a magazine 'for the advertising'. I think the cart is being put in front of the horse with that logic. The idea is to show a prospective advertiser how many hits the site gets a month and then sell the same prospective advertiser on the merits of advertising on the site due to this traffic volume, not the other way around.

In short, make the site interesting and the advertising would come knocking.

Ron
Old 10-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

Oddly enough, I understand what you are saying but, purchasing items outside of Canada is getting risky and more and more unnecessary. How many times have you pointed someone in the right direction to buy a product? I have sent many off to a US based site. How nice would it be to see products listed at the MAAC site available in Canada? (just one angle) I think it would be great, so many great ventures happening. You know what, I would even pay to access a site with that kind of a database

So many possibilities!
Old 10-16-2005, 01:25 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

I think the MAAC mag is doing a good job of showcasing the Canadian commercial hobby scene. I would think almost all of the MAAC members probably at least page through the magazine every second month. How many of the membership even visit the MAAC site even only once a year in comparison? Interestingly enough, even a year or more after I sold my business (Sunset RC) I would still get the odd call from a former customer referencing an old ad in an old MAAC mag.....the power of print advertising!!

When I was advertising I always asked myself, (especially when paying the bill for a 4 page centerfold ad) if the value was there for the money. In the end, of course it was because of the following reason......I knew the mag was going to 12,000 or 13,000 CURRENT modelers 6 times a year with the list updated to current status at membership time every year. This 'fresh update' status is a very important factor when channeling advertising dollars.

No where in my previous post was I advocating out of country shopping, the point I was trying to make is that 'volume of traffic', so to speak is what sells advertising and I'm not sure that the MAAC site sees all that much traffic.

Ron Oscar