Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

What's on tap for the shop this winter?

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

What's on tap for the shop this winter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:58 PM
cessna206a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's on tap for the shop this winter?

I'm just getting back into r/c, sold my big stuff, thinking of an IMAC plane for a winter project.
How about you other guys?
- Stan
Old 10-28-2005, 01:22 PM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What's on tap for the shop this winter?

'nuther Spit, 'nuther Beaver, finish a 60-size flying wing, overhaul a pattern ship, overhaul my Bucker Jungmeister, overhaul my Seamaster, overhaul a couple of motors (bearings), fix my Smith Miniplane, fix my Super Chippy, fix a student's PT-40, fix another student's Eagle II, leave the rest of them alone, go curling.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:56 PM
bbbair

ORIGINAL: britbrat

'nuther Spit, 'nuther Beaver, finish a 60-size flying wing, overhaul a pattern ship, overhaul my Bucker Jungmeister, overhaul my Seamaster, overhaul a couple of motors (bearings), fix my Smith Miniplane, fix my Super Chippy, fix a student's PT-40, fix another student's Eagle II, leave the rest of them alone, go curling.
Darned Retired Types! [:'(]
You just say this stuff to make the rest of us green with envy!! [:'(]

Personally; I just finished rebuilding the shop - NOW I can concentrate on finishing my Super Chipmunk
Unless of course the Mrs. comes up with a "Higher Priority" for me

Old 10-28-2005, 02:33 PM
jhelps

ORIGINAL: bbbair

ORIGINAL: britbrat

Darned Retired Types! [:'(]
You just say this stuff to make the rest of us green with envy!! [:'(]

Personally; I just finished rebuilding the shop - NOW I can concentrate on finishing my Super Chipmunk
Unless of course the Mrs. comes up with a "Higher Priority" for me

There's ALWAYS a higher priority

Hope to get back into flying this coming year so I need to refurbish some stuff over the winter. Once I'm finish working on my "one to one" scale model - www.m38jeepproject.com

Jeff
Old 10-29-2005, 05:44 AM
Sethhunter

1/4 scale PhalzDIIIa (scratch design) is about 1/4 done, SR-Cutie for the kids to fly, an IMAC ARF when I figure out which one. That's about as much as a working stiff can handle and keep the family fed (not counting new floors, fireplace mantle, windows, wallpapering...).

Awesome jeep. Never rebuilt a car, but built a boat a few years ago. Had to put the planes on hold - couldn't do both.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:31 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm hoping to finish a 1/5 scale spitfire in these markings.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:54 AM
bbbair

Ken;
That looks like a worthy project, who flew that plane? What is his story?

Bruce
Old 10-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Ken ... wow, how can someone with such good taste ... be so annoying. Kudos bud.
------------------
Myself, aside from continuing to set up the new workshop, I always have several projects on the go;

I hope to finish a 1/5 Waco, build another heli, make some progress on my Staggerwing, finish an Se5, finish a Gypsy Moth, finish a Pitts S2, repaint a Dr1, make some mods to a Tigermoth, build a Nosen Mustang ...

Realistically, I'll probably find another project more interesting to start, and wind up completing one or two from the previous list as well as a couple park flyers..... those park flyers are addicting.[]
Old 10-29-2005, 12:51 PM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Bruce, the spit was flow by a canadian Ian Keltie ( I think), this site at [link=http://www.making-history.ca/features/british/keltie/default.htm]Making History - Ian Keltie[/link] has a very good write up.

I've never have had good sucess with my Spitfires, they placed high enough but never lasted. Ron Johnstone of Churhbridge, SK campaigned a Platt Spitfire for ages with very good success so I'm building from Platt plans.

An amazing site at OSH this year was a slow roll on takeoff with a MKIX spit flown by [link=http://www.airventure.org/2005/performers/eliot_cross.html]Eliot Cross[/link], he then proceeded with a exhilarating 12 minute aerobatic display which inclued a stall turn - that perfromance really got me motivated to finish the Spit.