Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

New law suit threats against MAAC. When will it end?

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

New law suit threats against MAAC. When will it end?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New law suit threats against MAAC. When will it end?

Here we go again.

http://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic....r=asc&start=60

The most current RCC MAAC thread has posted documents related to legal actions.

Unbelievable.

Thanks to the board and Mr. Pratt for not backing down and standing toe to toe.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Ed Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New law suit threats against MAAC. When will it end?

Is it not sad that a couple of malcontents can do this to a whole organization? These people are now costing us real money in legal fees with no return for any MAAC member.

We have been reading countless posts from people with limitless energy complaining about FAI and ACC costs. I wonder if these same people will spend as much energy supporting the MAAC board and rejecting those that pose a real threat to our association.

Ed S
Old 01-19-2006, 01:38 PM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: Ed Smith

Is it not sad that a couple of malcontents can do this to a whole organization? These people are now costing us real money in legal fees with no return for any MAAC member.

We have been reading countless posts from people with limitless energy complaining about FAI and ACC costs. I wonder if these same people will spend as much energy supporting the MAAC board and rejecting those that pose a real threat to our association.

Ed S
I would hope so, but --- we'll see.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:58 PM
j79

Yep.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Sharpy01

ORIGINAL: Ed Smith

Ed S
You'll have to trust me on this one Ed, but I've done my time (3+ yrs) in the trenches doing battle with the some familiar players under more than one law suit threat. I've got the bloody knuckles to prove it. This is by no means, a new phenomenon. The only difference was that I was vilified for my efforts............ by some who now find themselves standing in the same spot. It's massively ironic and I should actually be enjoying it, but strangely, I'm not. It's just sad.

It is nice to see the board with a united front this time around.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:55 PM
jhelps

When will it end?

It will end when folks are reminded that membership in MAAC is not a right (Club Bylaws)

Eligibility

(a) Membership in the Association shall be open to all persons with an interest in
model aviation upon acceptance by the officers appointed by the Board of Directors
to process such membership, and upon payment of such fees, annual or otherwise as
are hereinafter set out in respect to each type of membership.

and ...

Admission to Membership
(a) Junior, senior and open membership is granted to individuals who agree with
the objects of the association and pledge themselves to be governed by the bylaws
and resolutions of the association
. These memberships are granted yearly upon
payment of dues as determined by the Board.

I would suggest that threatening to sue the association and causing the expenditure of funds in legal defence does not demonstrate a pledge to be "governed by the bylaws and resolutions of the association." I further suggest that the "officers appointed by the BOD" to process such memberships should NOT accept them.

And finally I would suggest that if you're not a member you can't be a ZD!!!!!!

JH

Old 01-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Ed Smith

You'll have to trust me on this one Ed, but I've done my time (3+ yrs) in the trenches doing battle with the some familiar players under more than one law suit threat.
Marc,

Although I was not involved in any of that I remember that period quite well. You were not the only victim at the time. Unfortunately for MAAC the Board members at that time were too trusting or too naive to see what was going on. Fortunately things have now changed.

Many years ago at one of the Tillsonburg NATS I had dealings with certain untrustworthy people. What is going on now does not surprise me one bit.

Ed S
Old 02-03-2006, 01:03 PM
mustang one

Wow no wonder there is threats of legal action. Calling someone untrust worthy, even though you do not say who it is. Can you give us a specific example of your experience ED.

I read the letters placed on this sight. It seems to me that Mr Smith simply said he was not willing to be beaten up anymore. The real verbal threats seem to be from the 3 guys the letter was sent to.

It does seem that a lot of MAAC dues will be spent of legal bills. To bad there is no one on the board smart enough to get this settled without all of this crap. After all that is where the buck stops, the board. If this costs a lot of money, they will be to blame, not the people, who are apparently defending themselves. The board, after all, is supose to be incharge of what happens.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:50 PM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: Stateofmind

I read the letters placed on this sight. It seems to me that Mr Smith simply said he was not willing to be beaten up anymore. The real verbal threats seem to be from the 3 guys the letter was sent to.

It does seem that a lot of MAAC dues will be spent of legal bills. To bad there is no one on the board smart enough to get this settled without all of this crap. After all that is where the buck stops, the board. If this costs a lot of money, they will be to blame, not the people, who are apparently defending themselves. The board, after all, is supose to be incharge of what happens.

Do you live in Elbonia?? I suggest that you go to the Can and read everthing there pertaining to this subject & then read everything here at RCU as well. It is not possible for a rational being to conclude that the board is at fault in this.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:54 PM
mustang one

britbrat

Did not say anyone was at fault, Just can't understand why the board or whoever has not taken the opportunity to stop this before it goes to a point of no return.. The last thing MAAC needs is another law suit. The insurance companies in the US don't take kindly to that sort of thing. What would that be 2 in 3 years.

Just thought the people in charge should do more to head this off for everones benefit.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Ed Smith

Stateofmind,

You are so out of touch on this issue your posts are not worthy of a response. Before you make statements like the above you need to do about six years of historical research on the involvement of Chuckles and has crew. I speak from first hand experience. I am not going to drag it all up again.

Ed S
Old 02-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Jason Holdaway

well said Ed, I wish I could say that I never had any dealings with them, or known so many other that have as well. Do a little research. I'm sure when you talked to him, he assured you that he was right. Why not talk to your own ZD for some history? Judging by your lack of a real username and your strong defence, I'd almost think you're one of the crew. Are you really from PE? You can give me a call if you like. PM me and I'll send you my number.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Sharpy01

Amen Ed.

....I'm thinkin the same thing Jason.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

britbrat

Did not say anyone was at fault, Just can't understand why the board or whoever has not taken the opportunity to stop this before it goes to a point of no return.. The last thing MAAC needs is another law suit. The insurance companies in the US don't take kindly to that sort of thing. What would that be 2 in 3 years.

Just thought the people in charge should do more to head this off for everones benefit.

The proxies and members registration sheet for the zone meeting he was elected at have never been turned in despite several requests by MAAC. This he is supposed to do. If he refuses to do something as simple as this do you really expect co-operation at any other level. Since you have gained his attention so easily maybe you can find out for us why he has not turned this into MAAC.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Sharpy01

........or maybe we are speaking directly to him?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:25 AM
jhelps

britbrat

Did not get a reply on the other thread on this issue so will repost here ...

Sateofmind

As you have had the benefit of discussion with Mr Smith, (and apparently not with your own ZD) perhaps you could enlighten us as to exactly what he thinks needs to be negotiated? Since he has apparently not answered questions from his own zone members we now turn to you for the information. My understanding is that there is an outstanding report from the last nationals due and a question of funds that apparently belong to MAAC. Not certain what we as members would have our board negotiate on those points but again perhaps you have some new info?

JH
Old 02-04-2006, 05:37 AM
Ed Smith

"Stateofmind" is just another headgame that these people like to play.

Ed S
Old 02-04-2006, 09:11 AM
mustang one

Why are you people so defensive. It is only my opinion based on what is written on both sites. I see a lot of bashing going on but not from those who you say are at fault. just makes me wonder.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Jason Holdaway

Why are you people so defensive. It is only my opinion based on what is written on both sites. I see a lot of bashing going on but not from those who you say are at fault. just makes me wonder.
makes me wonder too.........who you really are. tell you what. To save you the (supposed) long distance charge, why don't you send me your #, and I'll call you.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:51 AM
ronnieo1

Jason, Britbrat and Ed are right....... there's no way a guy from PEI would be THAT interested in what goes on in the SW Zone...especially since he has obviously already been on rccanada....... where's that phone call?Made it yet?Ma Bell only takes 2-3 seconds to connect.[]
Old 02-04-2006, 10:16 AM
mustang one

ronnieo1
Iam just like you and as interested as you
no matter, point proven, see ya at the feilds this summer
Old 02-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Jason Holdaway

ronnieo1
Iam just like you and as interested as you
no matter, point proven, see ya at the feilds this summer
I'm sure you will. It wouldn't be much of a drive would it.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Sharpy01

lol.............. nice bust Jason. [:-]
Old 02-04-2006, 04:35 PM
mustang one

wrong, but feel free to try again.

time to get to Ontairo, 14 hours, not that I would want to
Old 02-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Jason Holdaway

wrong, but feel free to try again.

time to get to Ontairo, 14 hours, not that I would want to
time to get a life, not that you'd want to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.