Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

AGM Resolutions from Feb MAACmag

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

AGM Resolutions from Feb MAACmag

Old 02-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AGM Resolutions from Feb MAACmag

Keith:

You were crystal clear.

ORIGINAL: mustang one

As long as the proxies and the voter registration for that zone meeting have not been handed in to MAAC as required by Corporations Canada and requested by MAAC how can you claim a correctly run zone meeting???

please provide the audience the section in Corp Canada where this statement is
...so, the answer is no.

Why would any zone director not comply with this very basic of AZM requirements? It guarantees that proper democratic process, as defined by our constitution, has been adhered to. It removes any possible concern regarding any "vote fixing". (Good God, am I actually using these terms for an model airplane association?)

Why is there nothing in the MAAC mag from you, our zone director or from you, as scale chairman?

personal choice,
...why then accuse Keith of censure?

Like Dennis, we are still awaiting the NATS profit answers.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:11 PM
sivlE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sivile is once again accusing the SW ZONE of running an incorrect zone meeting. For the record, the October 16, 2005 SW Zone meeting Was conducted in the proper manner according to the bylaws of MAAC and the procedures outlined in Kerr and King.

ALso for the record, John please stop vilifing me on these web sites, For the record,

Jason, there was no theft of 2000 dollars.

Charles Smith
SW Zone Director
Chuck, I went to the AZM meeting with an open mind and didn't like what I saw and heard. I still even considered you to be a friend, after all it was only a vote for ZD and it was no big deal to me who won. I had every intention of supporting the winner as my SW zone dirrector. Your conduct however, over the past several months had given me reason to evaluate your position as Zone Director and had also caused me to ask questions. Your lack of response and the way in which the CAC came about was very suspect. Not to menton the feeble attempt to silence people by way of legal threats which in my opinon was not conducive to a ZD's capacity. It is MY opinion that you and a few others have given our Zone a bad name and have cost MAAC and it's members monies that didn't warant the expenditure. It is also my opinion that you have demontstrated that you will not comply with the duties of a Zone director and have ruined the possibility of having the NATS in Chatham this year as you did not even bother to follow protocol from MAAC. As far as your accusations of me defaming you on this thread (vilifying) I just call them like I see them. Just because I don't like what you are doing and and ask questions is not defaming anybody. Chuck, a good leader listens, addresses issues, deals with confrontations, holds no personal bias in situations and sure as heck doesn't bad mouth his boss.
Again it is my opinion that our Zone is in such bad standings with the rest of the membership because of the way in which you have handled these situations. The last ZD got a reprimand for his conduct and there seems to be little difference with our curent ZD. THis is a hobby for crying out loud and look what this mess is doing to friendships. Why did you let this happen??????
Old 02-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Sharpy01

It should be clear to anyone outside the SW zone who has followed the various dramas surrounding the epicenter that a very small percentage of the zone holds the bag on most of this stuff.

SivLE's honest and credible response should also show members that eventually the problems will eventually get fixed.

Thanks for the post SivLe.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:15 PM
sivlE

No problemo Sharpy, I am just wondering how long it will take now before I recieve my next piece of junk mail from the lawyer. At least my other junk mail has some value if I decide to use the coupons. I didn't even get $2.00 off my next litigation in the last one.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Jason Holdaway

This guy sivil really gets a lot of things wrong
ORIGINAL: britbrat

ORIGINAL: Stateofmind

This guy sivil really gets a lot of things wrong
Considering that you can't even spell his name, who are you to pass enlightened commentary?

Sivile is once again accusing the SW ZONE of running an incorrect zone meeting. For the record, the October 16, 2005 SW Zone meeting Was conducted in the proper manner according to the bylaws of MAAC and the procedures outlined in Kerr and King.

ALso for the record, John please stop vilifing me on these web sites, For the record,

Jason, there was no theft of 2000 dollars.

Charles Smith
SW Zone Director

As we can see, Stateofmind from the East Coast is really mustang one (Chuck Smith) who would have thought? ahh yes, CHUCKles. Why were you hiding under analias chuck? not enough people to defend you, and had to make one up? that's funny. Marc, I hope you're never on my tail, you certainly nailed that one! It really makes for some good reading to read all his posts again, knowing who he is.

You can change your username, but what other people post in a quote stays the same
Old 02-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Jabba

ORIGINAL: Propworn

Ever notice that Jabba and Stateofmind dance in tandem. One posts and the other seems to back him up. Or one gives someone a shot and the other chips in like a sock puppet.

Could you guys answer a question why the proxies and the registration for the zone meeting sivle is talking about have never been turned in to MAAC head office though this stuff has been asked for several times?

EH Palmer Eh Chuckie?????????????????

Why should the proxies be returned?
AS YOU know I checked the proxies as they came in at the AZM. You (Dennis) stood there and watched as I did that. I asked you IF you wished to have a SCRUTINEER sit and check the proxies with me, as I checked EACH proxies against the list of zone members supplied by MAAC and YOU SAID NO THANKS.

YOU LOST the election…..

YOUR side had two scrutinizer’s count the votes. YOU lost by about a 2 to 1 margin.

NOW you want the proxies so you can see who VOTED against you.

SO MUCH for a PRIVATE VOTE!!!
John was one of the SCUTINEER's that counted the votes at the AZM.

YOU had no problem the day of the election. YOU had a CHANCE the day of the election to have the proxies CHECKED and YOU declined then. NOW you want to see the votes and find out how voted against you.

Its easy to figure out .... 66% of the zone vote against you, and they have the RIGHT to a SECRET BALLOT.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Sharpy01

That's crap Jabba.

The proxies should be turned into HQ as has been the requirement/practice of MAAC. It's not about you and Dennis, or Dennis and Chuck, or Mo and Curley.
.......it's about proper proceedure to avoid exactly what is happening in this thread.

Again, the question is.............. Why wouldn't you?

What exactly do you expect to happen with the names? Are you fearing that roving bands of hooded MAAC members are going to be going door to door?

Your position is ridiculous.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Jabba

[/quote]

Your conduct however, over the past several months had given me reason to evaluate your position as Zone Director and had also caused me to ask questions. Your lack of response and the way in which the CAC came about was very suspect. Not to menton the feeble attempt to silence people by way of legal threats which in my opinon was not conducive to a ZD's capacity. It is MY opinion that you and a few others have given our Zone a bad name and have cost MAAC and it's members monies that didn't warant the expenditure. It is also my opinion that you have demontstrated that you will not comply with the duties of a Zone director and have ruined the possibility of having the NATS in Chatham this year as you did not even bother to follow protocol from MAAC. As far as your accusations of me defaming you on this thread (vilifying) I just call them like I see them. Just because I don't like what you are doing and and ask questions is not defaming anybody. Chuck, a good leader listens, addresses issues, deals with confrontations, holds no personal bias in situations and sure as heck doesn't bad mouth his boss.
Again it is my opinion that our Zone is in such bad standings with the rest of the membership because of the way in which you have handled these situations. The last ZD got a reprimand for his conduct and there seems to be little difference with our curent ZD. THis is a hobby for crying out loud and look what this mess is doing to friendships. Why did you let this happen??????
[/quote]

GEEE John

First CHUCK was not the CD of the 2005 NATS. WAS NOT going to be the CD of the 2006 NATS.

Dennis was NOMINATED to be the CD of the 2006 NATS by the Northern Ont. Zone and declined. WHY.

NEXT you say you have asked CHUCK questions. HAVE you called him, or just asked questions on public form (RCC and RCU)?

NONE of the other board/executive members will answer pointed questions on these forms. So why should CHUCK….. just because YOU asked?

WHAT has the CAC done WRONG?

The 2005 NATS committee did not accept the what MAAC wanted.

YOU had fun at the 2005 NATS.
YOU can have FUN at the CAC event.
YOU could compete at the CAC event and get invited to either TOP GUN, or the US Scale Masters.

WHAT MAAC protocol did our ZD not follow?

blaa blaa blaa .... the same story over and over again....

Old 02-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Jason Holdaway

ORIGINAL: Jabba
Its easy to figure out .... 66% of the zone vote against you, and they have the RIGHT to a SECRET BALLOT.
and probably 50% of the zone gave open proxies because they don't really care and just want to fly. I bet the same won't be repeated next year.........if the current ZD term is even going to last that long.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Applehoney
My Feedback: (3)

>First CHUCK was not the CD of the 2005 NATS. WAS NOT going to be the CD of the 2006 NATS.

What's the relevance of that remark, Jabba? There is no reference in the paragraph you quoted to him being the CD of either.....

>blaa blaa blaa .... the same story over and over again....

Yep, you said it. As usual .....
Old 02-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Jason Holdaway

GEEE John

First CHUCK was not the CD of the 2005 NATS. WAS NOT going to be the CD of the 2006 NATS.

Dennis was NOMINATED to be the CD of the 2006 NATS by the Northern Ont. Zone and declined. WHY.

NEXT you say you have asked CHUCK questions. HAVE you called him, or just asked questions on public form (RCC and RCU)?

NONE of the other board/executive members will answer pointed questions on these forms. So why should CHUCK….. just because YOU asked?

WHAT has the CAC done WRONG?

YOU had fun at the 2005 NATS.
YOU can have FUN at the CAC event.
YOU could compete at the CAC event and get invited to either TOP GUN, or the US Scale Masters.

WHAT MAAC protocol did our ZD not follow?

blaa blaa blaa .... the same story over and over again....

other than punctuation and content, nice job.............who's typing for you?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:08 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Jason, Ja son, Jas on, J as on blah blah blah Brit Blah Bat blah Sh ar p not so blah Hey this is great blah Mo rris blah on.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Jason Holdaway

ORIGINAL: Jason Holdaway
As we can see, Stateofmind from the East Coast is really mustang one (Chuck Smith) who would have thought? ahh yes, CHUCKles. Why were you hiding under analias chuck? not enough people to defend you, and had to make one up? that's funny. Marc, I hope you're never on my tail, you certainly nailed that one! It really makes for some good reading to read all his posts again, knowing who he is.

You can change your username, but what other people post in a quote stays the same
Anybody go back and read yet?some of my personal favorites, I edited some lines out, but never changed any content:

So if I get what Mr Smith is saying, is that there should be no problem with this event. It looks like they have the permission of owners, and it looks like they have insurance coverages.
I would imagin this event will be held, at least I hope so. It would be nice to take the trip.

What type of airplane do you need for this event

enough talk about insurance, although Mr smith makes a good point, lets get back to this new contest

does anyone know where we sign up

What type of events will be taking place. I looked up the Chatham Airport, what a nice site to be flying from. You guys are very lucky.
what about volunteers, if i get down I might want to help out, is that possible.

I didn't realize this was a private venture, kootoes to those doing this
how do I get in touch with this Chuck Smith, Gerry Shaw and Palmer Johnson. I think I would like to hear from them personally
I read the letters placed on this sight. It seems to me that Mr Smith simply said he was not willing to be beaten up anymore. The real verbal threats seem to be from the 3 guys the letter was sent to.

wrong, but feel free to try again.

time to get to Ontairo, 14 hours, not that I would want to
talk about immature. And this guy that poses as other to raise his credibility, and advertise for the CAC is representing the SW zone
[X(] I don't know if I want to laugh or puke! alright, laugh it is go get a government job CHUCKles, this area is for hobbyists.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Sharpy01

This line is the only valid point in your entire diatribe JABBA.. it's what all this has been about. []

Old 02-15-2006, 08:13 AM
sivlE

Anybody go back and read yet?some of my personal favorites, I edited some lines out, but never changed any content:

So if I get what Mr Smith is saying, is that there should be no problem with this event. It looks like they have the permission of owners, and it looks like they have insurance coverages.
I would imagin this event will be held, at least I hope so. It would be nice to take the trip.

What type of airplane do you need for this event

enough talk about insurance, although Mr smith makes a good point, lets get back to this new contest

does anyone know where we sign up

What type of events will be taking place. I looked up the Chatham Airport, what a nice site to be flying from. You guys are very lucky.
what about volunteers, if i get down I might want to help out, is that possible.

I didn't realize this was a private venture, kootoes to those doing this
how do I get in touch with this Chuck Smith, Gerry Shaw and Palmer Johnson. I think I would like to hear from them personally
I read the letters placed on this sight. It seems to me that Mr Smith simply said he was not willing to be beaten up anymore. The real verbal threats seem to be from the 3 guys the letter was sent to.

wrong, but feel free to try again.

time to get to Ontairo, 14 hours, not that I would want to
talk about immature. And this guy that poses as other to raise his credibility, and advertise for the CAC is representing the SW zone
[X(] I don't know if I want to laugh or puke! alright, laugh it is go get a government job CHUCKles, this area is for hobbyists.
So this is how our ZD conducts himself. Loging on as a nobody to pretend that someone agrees with him. That seems pretty sly to me. I wonder what else he would stoop to, to sway others opinions? HMMMMMMM makes one think even more!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:40 AM
sivlE

having just retired, I thought I would do something that was different. I decided to fly models and since I have always been competitive this CAC thing interested me.

I find it very strange why one person is trying to prevent one competition. The post about insurance just does not make sence. It appears that some people do not belong to clubs but get coverage because they have permission. I don't see the difference between them and this CAC club.
If no sanction ( according to one ) is not needed, what is the real problem. My experience has been that when someone is doing all of the destroying, they don't have the ability to do it themselves.
I know that when I come to Canada, ( according to the AMA ) I have insurance through your organization even if I am flying at a friends field. Apparently day to day flying or events don't need sanctions
The AMA sanction is only for record keeping, if you want to keep the records, from what I understand, maybe it is the same in Canada.

Anyway, I hope to get up there and see this event, it sounds very interesting
Mustang1's first post (above) claims that he is from the states. Looks like he can't even get his lies right when he is lying. Would that be lies squared. I even noticed on some of his posts that he got in a little extra MAAC bashing also. Talk about stirring the pot? Jason you sure pegged this imposter pretty early in the game. Way to go
Old 02-15-2006, 12:57 PM
ccrebidoux
My Feedback: (3)

Against my own better judgement.......

I noticed this in Jason's post, so ITS ALL YOUR FAULT JASON!!! YOU'LL BE GETTING A LETTER FROM MY LAWYER!! (as soon as I get one )

THREATENED?????!!!!!!

Let's see:

Main Entry: threat·en
Pronunciation: 'thre-t&n
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): threat·ened; threat·en·ing /'thret-ni[ng], 'thre-t&n-i[ng]/
transitive senses
1 : to utter threats against
2 a : to give signs or warning of : PORTEND <the clouds threatened rain> b : to hang over dangerously : MENACE
3 : to announce as intended or possible <the workers threatened a strike>
intransitive senses

Maybe you should have read that first.

I don't, we don't and MAAC's lawyer doesn't see any THREATS. All that was asked were questions. And when none were answered. I sent out an e-mail to my fellow members ASKING them if they read these events the same as I and SHOULD we be looking into removing our ZD for not performing his duties. Pretty threatening

Chris Rebidoux (one of the big bad guys on the letter)
Old 02-15-2006, 01:49 PM
britbrat

The funniest clue as to the poster's identity was the word misusage in --- "I read the letters placed on this SIGHT". [:@]

A no-brainer -- it had to be either Chuckles, or the ever-entertaining Jabberwonky. Considering the tender treatment afforded "Mr Smith", it was soooo easy to deduce who we were dealing with (ignoring his little slip in an earlier post, wherein he actually signed a mustang one post as, "Charles Smith, SW Zone Director".
Old 02-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Jason Holdaway

ORIGINAL: britbrat

A no-brainer -- it had to be either Chuckles, or the ever-entertaining Jabberwonky. Considering the tender treatment afforded "Mr Smith", it was soooo easy to deduce who we were dealing with (ignoring his little slip in an earlier post, wherein he actually signed a mustang one post as, "Charles Smith, SW Zone Director".
it couldn't have been jabberish because the spelling was too good. My first clue was that he used Mr. Smith and not CHUCKles

I/we suspected it after a few posts, then when I went back to reread some stuff to see if mustang one and stateofmind joined at the same time, I couldn't find stateofmind. Then, I noticed in Britbrat's post that he quoted stateomind in, and it was now mustang one. Elementary my dear [8D]
Old 02-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Jason Holdaway

ORIGINAL: ccrebidoux

I noticed this in Jason's post, so ITS ALL YOUR FAULT JASON!!! YOU'LL BE GETTING A LETTER FROM MY LAWYER!! (as soon as I get one )

I sent out an e-mail to my fellow members ASKING them if they read these events the same as I and SHOULD we be looking into removing our ZD for not performing his duties. Pretty threatening

lots of things are my fault! CHUCKles should have spent his money to help with his multiple personality disorder instead of a lawyer. How come I didn't get an E-mail? [>:] I'm game for removing someone that's not fulfilling their duties
Old 02-15-2006, 06:14 PM
ronnieo1

ORIGINAL: ccrebidoux

I sent out an e-mail to my fellow members ASKING them if they read these events the same as I and SHOULD we be looking into removing our ZD for not performing his duties. Pretty threatening

lots of things are my fault! CHUCKles should have spent his money to help with his multiple personality disorder instead of a lawyer. How come I didn't get an E-mail? [>:] I'm game for removing someone that's not fulfilling their duties
This whole thing that Jason has dug up makes the whole situation look worse by the minute...and there it is in black and white courtesy of Patch... I have been a friend of all the parties involved in this whole SW Zone, and like Jim Mac, are sad to see all this stuff happening. It makes it worse for our Sun Par club as it is divided by the small group of CAC people and the MAAC people.... and as Prez of the club, it makes it very difficult to keep opinions to the benefit of all. Unfortunately, we have always on different forums stood up for the sake of competition and tried to chase out the people who have only their local interests to be concerned about , but this latest incident that goes behind MAAC's back, makes it look like the Sharpies and other critics get the last laugh and they rightfully have the proof on these forums that something is not right.
In my own opinion, devoid of the club, and I have told the CAC members, that if it is not in MAAC's best interest ( and we are a good standing member within the MAAC community...as well as having the first founding members with MAAC) , then it is not good for the hobby in general. Hopefully the AGM will address this issue and respond appropriately in the best interests of MAAC...then we will all benefit.
To all of the CAC organizers, it has good intent, but the method of introduction has put a serious black mark on not just the event, but the integrity of the whole Zone on how it was established...and that has split many friendships unfortunately....and I hope that was not the intent...

Old 02-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Jason Holdaway

I have never intented to make any club look bad, nor have I ever been opposed to competition, and have routinely defended it. This situation IS bad. There is no club (including the CAC) that is responsible for this mess. Only 2 individuals that have lied, threatened and manipulated people for their own agenda are responsible. Don't kill the messanger. Let's get to the root cause of this mess and put it to bed. If something is not in the best interests of MAAC and ALL the members, then it isn't good for anyone IMO. Your statement "This whole thing that Jason has dug up makes the whole situation look worse by the minute...and there it is in black and white courtesy of Patch." makes me feel that you're accusing me of causing this issue, whereas I've done no more than expose it. My values and loyalty lay with MAAC and it's membership, not a select few. Period.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
ronnieo1

I have never intented to make any club look bad, nor have I ever been opposed to competition, and have routinely defended it. This situation IS bad. There is no club (including the CAC) that is responsible for this mess. Only 2 individuals that have lied, threatened and manipulated people for their own agenda are responsible. Don't kill the messanger. Let's get to the root cause of this mess and put it to bed. If something is not in the best interests of MAAC and ALL the members, then it isn't good for anyone IMO. Your statement "This whole thing that Jason has dug up makes the whole situation look worse by the minute...and there it is in black and white courtesy of Patch." makes me feel that you're accusing me of causing this issue, whereas I've done no more than expose it. My values and loyalty lay with MAAC and it's membership, not a select few. Period.

jason...I am not accusing you...I agree with you..........I've been told that people are wondering what's going on with our club...and I try to confirm that it's not our whole club...just a select few that are CAC members...........
Old 02-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Sharpy01

ORIGINAL: ronnieo1

This whole thing that Jason has dug up makes the whole situation look worse by the minute...and there it is in black and white courtesy of Patch... I have been a friend of all the parties involved in this whole SW Zone, and like Jim Mac, are sad to see all this stuff happening. It makes it worse for our Sun Par club as it is divided by the small group of CAC people and the MAAC people.... and as Prez of the club, it makes it very difficult to keep opinions to the benefit of all. Unfortunately, we have always on different forums stood up for the sake of competition and tried to chase out the people who have only their local interests to be concerned about , but this latest incident that goes behind MAAC's back, makes it look like the Sharpies and other critics get the last laugh and they rightfully have the proof on these forums that something is not right.
In my own opinion, devoid of the club, and I have told the CAC members, that if it is not in MAAC's best interest ( and we are a good standing member within the MAAC community...as well as having the first founding members with MAAC) , then it is not good for the hobby in general. Hopefully the AGM will address this issue and respond appropriately in the best interests of MAAC...then we will all benefit.
To all of the CAC organizers, it has good intent, but the method of introduction has put a serious black mark on not just the event, but the integrity of the whole Zone on how it was established...and that has spilt many friendships unfortunately.

I've never been interested in the "last laugh" Ron. That's not what our hobby is about. It's about having fun any way a member chooses to do so while being fair and ensuring the basic framework exists for all to continue having their fun.

Some people believe MAAC is about individuals.............and by doing so have turned every issue personal. They are wrong.

This stuff doesn't need an AGM to be fixed, it needs a couple of "leaders" to finally do something for the collective good, walk away and allow new blood to take over and play by the established rules and represent everyone. Not just window-dressing with another "buddy" with more attitude........a wholesale change.

Hopefully, some honour still exists.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:49 PM
ronnieo1

..Marc.I give up!!! I hope it gets resolved soon........ so we can get on with events..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.