Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

New Scale Group

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

New Scale Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:38 PM
ccrebidoux
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Scale Group

Hi Everyone,

You may have seen in the MAAC magazine that a group of us have started a scale oriented club.

We are a sanctioned MAAC Club and we now have a sanctioned Scale competition hosted at the Blue Water RC Flyers Club field in Sarnia that is the SW Zone Scale Championship and a Scale Masters Qualifier September 25-26, 2010.

Not only are we putting on a scale competition but we have intentions to help centralize scale event listings, tips & hints, organize "field trips" (ie. Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton, Ont., Kalamazoo Air Zoo, Kalamazoo, Mich., Dayton Air Museum, Dayton, Ohio), Post the MAAC Scale rule book & approved maneuvers on our website (under construction), we also hope to put on a scale competition symposium at a host field in the SW Zone.

We hope to include all of Canada eventually but at this moment we are concentrating on Ontario. But we hope to expand to other provinces, we will be having a membership drive soon, we are just putting the finishing touches on our financial requirements to start receiving membership dues. Our membership fee will be $25, we will also be offering a club t-shirt (see attached photo for what will be on the back) for $15 additional $3 if you'd like your name on the left breast. ALSO, once memberships begin being accepted for a limited time (to be determined) your name will be placed in a draw for MR Aerodesign Dehavilland Beaver short kit & plans!! (Donated by Martin Rousseau of MR Aerodesign!) https://mraerodesign.securicom.ca/en...fm?ProduitID=2

We also have a Facebook page started at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...7757009?ref=nf

For more info or request to be placed on our mailing list email us at: [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18277.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1406707  
Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Props4ever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Scale Group

Hey Chris,

Facebook link is not working, i tied to join ur groups with my Fbook account but wasn't able to.

"We also have a Facebook page started at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...7757009?ref=nf "

Sam
Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3556671&id=370907757009#!/pages/North-American-Scale-Squadron/370907757009

How do I add it to my friends list? Best of luck with the group Chris. There are many very talented scale modellers in Canada, I'm sure this venture will be a success.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:25 PM
dicknadine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congratulaions. sure would like to be closer and ejoy your field. used to spend my summers, ie 1930's, in Tilbary, my uncle was the Warden (?) and had the only hardware store, Scrivens Hardware. we lived in Detroit. I now spend my time enlargeing 3" 3 vu's to 60" of ancient aircraft and building them in bones and hanging them up, uncovered for my amusement. no builders/flyers in this area within 30 miles and they are almost all interested in in Giant ARF's. attached is my latest. dick stamm, AMA 458241
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56787.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1438382