RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   M.A.A.C. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/)
-   -   IS RCCANADA site down? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/9822182-rccanada-site-down.html)

Props4ever 06-23-2010 01:51 PM

IS RCCANADA site down?

Since last night i have been having problems form RCC site, initially i couldn't log in and then when i could get logged in, i couldn't get into any sub sections as server would take long time to load up and i was getting error. Now it's 2:46pm here and i'm facing same issues with the site and on my screen nothing seems to have been updated with newer posts!. I have emailed Admin about loading up problems and now waiting for his response. Anyone else having similar issues of logging in and waiting for long time before server error appears on the screen...I even tried to open my PM box, same, server times out and give me error.!

Sam

Revy 06-23-2010 01:59 PM

RE: IS RCCANADA site down?

yep...I may have crashed it, lol!!!

sniperfoote 06-23-2010 02:14 PM

yea kinda sucks. Whats up hope they get it fixed soon

Props4ever 06-23-2010 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: sniperfoote

yea kinda sucks. Whats up hope they get it fixed soon

Not sure when as i just tried again, i could log in and then, it's same loading error as soon as i clicked to check my PMs!...

I clicked to log out, well same loading error again!...

It's like somehow it becomes really slow when trying to get into sub sections of the site, really bazaar n weird!!

Sam

Props4ever 06-23-2010 10:07 PM

Seems to be working fine again.....thread closed.

dhammond 10-10-2010 07:59 AM

Site is up again ,

G-manz35 10-10-2010 11:20 PM

You got banned for that? That sucks. I actully am quite disapointed with the new admin and will probably stop posting there and instead be more active on RCU.

George

dhammond 10-11-2010 08:04 AM

Removed post , want this behind me

Applehoney 10-11-2010 09:26 AM

Just curious .. what does this have to do with MAAC?

I merely installed Adblock for IE - lots of empty space on RCC where the ads used to be

Fs one 10-11-2010 05:17 PM

Yes i was thinking the same thing what does this have to do with m.a.a.c!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbbair 10-11-2010 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Applehoney

Just curious .. what does this have to do with MAAC?

Nothing.

It's just one of the last places that those evil RCC Dissenters can go to discuss things without all of the pressure to pay the new admin.

Plus if we complain about it here... the thread doesn't dissappear and we also don't get banned.

So hiding on RCU under the heading of MAAC ... works for me! ;)

dhammond 10-12-2010 05:59 AM

You are right ... this isn't a MAAC issue although I'm sure there is mostly Canuk traffic on this area of this site ,
Want to turn down the heat so edited out most of my comments ...,

retiree_caf 10-12-2010 11:36 AM

Removed!............Hoping Rick at RCC does the same...

Revy 10-12-2010 02:02 PM

I agree...this has nothing to do with MAAC. But MAAC members are involved. We need to be able to converse without getting banned or have the discussion closed right after he says his $0.02 and with the ability to read PM's, I'm a bit nervous. Who the h-e-double hockey sticks is he anyway? He has no rep before and the only thing his first moderator, kracker, has done has sold two things in the classifieds.

Now if all things are legit, then there is nothing to quam about, other than the inability to take critisism. I hope all goes well, but I share that funny feeling in the pit of my stomach too.

retiree_caf 10-12-2010 06:15 PM

Dave, Rob, need to talked. I've chated with RCC on the phone for at least an hour tonight.

bbbair 10-12-2010 09:56 PM

[sm=confused.gif]

ORIGINAL: retiree_caf

Dave, Rob, need to talked. I've chated with RCC on the phone for at least an hour tonight.
OK... Kindly share some details with us... if you don't mind...

ss40 10-14-2010 01:00 AM

This very site is for profit also and so is RCU but the atmosphere does seem a little different. I post here and at RCU knowing that a profit may come from my contributions but I do believe the owner of these forums understands the term president of a non-profit RC club and does not mistake it for a for-profit business as the RCC owner did.
The ads on these sites are less intrusive also and I even click on them from time to time. Perhaps I will do the same some day at RCC but not right now! ;)

dhammond 10-14-2010 08:51 AM

Want to turn down the heat so edited out most of my comments ...,

Gooseman240 10-15-2010 03:52 PM

I just got a flaming message from Rick as well. I was responding to a forum about all the complaints on ad's and stated I block ad's with firefox and ad-on. (ad-block)

Can I copy the message, I think it was a little aggressively worded for a first time offense to a member at that site for 2 years... . I did reply and state sorry, and I removed the info, but not received a word of thanks or acknowledgment when I requested one.

I would love to hear or see some of your comments about this guy.

DaveJohansen 10-15-2010 06:53 PM

The funds to run RCC have to come from somewhere. Ads or contributions. RCU has ads so why is there such a big fuss over ads on RCC.

Would you rather the site just close down?

Dave

dhammond 10-16-2010 05:37 AM

I agree it costs money to run and everyone needs to make a living...I have no issue with the site changes any longer...

Ed Smith 10-16-2010 06:59 AM

just got a flaming message from Rick as well. I was responding to a forum about all the complaints on ad's and stated I block ad's with firefox and ad-on. (ad-block)

Can I copy the message, I think it was a little aggressively worded for a first time offense to a member at that site for 2 years... . I did reply and state sorry, and I removed the info, but not received a word of thanks or acknowledgment when I requested one.

I would love to hear or see some of your comments about this guy.
It is an individual decision of course. If one no longer likes the site then do not go there. I stated I would no longer sign on and the Moderator (Whoever that is) stated my account (Whatever that is) would be closed. So, I removed the link from my favourites and that solved that issue.

People these days are too lazy to make a stand. Several years ago the service from Rogers cable TV was abysmal. The TV programming was not any better. SO we GOT RID of the TV! we no longer have TV service into our house.

Instead of whining on Fora, STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN!

ED S

bbbair 10-16-2010 04:52 PM

Ed;

You are a man of great conviction.

I applaud you! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

sebhitman 10-24-2010 03:20 PM

I also hate rccanada

the politics there is about as crappy as it can be

for instance

Veteran users have less power than first time posters

You can leave anyone anytime a bad feedback and the admin won't even budge even if the guy did it on purpose cause he hates the fact you posted he was overpriced on his add

it's a crappy site to avoid at all cost

if your just a casual reader
go ahead lots of great folks in the flying division of the site.....
but in the rc cars truck don't even go there you will step on a land mine

i have been a member for 5 years + and never going back selling there or posting

Leadtrumpet 10-27-2010 11:03 PM

Site seems to be down as far as my computer is concerned. Anybody know what is going on?