Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Lambert Microturbines contact?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Lambert Microturbines contact?

Old 02-10-2011, 07:20 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Lambert Microturbines contact?

i WAS a major supplier , i think Gaspar now sell the ecu,s to Lambert , if he can reach him
Old 02-10-2011, 02:06 PM
csetting
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did he say??????????
Old 02-22-2011, 05:24 PM
csetting

Martin has just sent me a new turbine to make things right. I guess there was a big misunderstanding. But he still needs to try to get a hold of Chad and Ali. Thank you Martin Lambert.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:34 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: csetting

Martin has just sent me a new turbine to make things right. I guess there was a big misunderstanding. But he still needs to try to get a hold of Chad and Ali. Thank you Martin Lambert.
And how long did you wait for this misunderstanding to get settled?

Dave
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM
csetting

Martin has got in contact with Chad of Sine City Jets. So I think every thing has been resolved.So Its time to get your Lambert Turbines out have some fun. This is one awesome little turbine. I cannot wait to get this thing in an airplane again.Martin keep it up you have an awesome product.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:28 AM
747drvr

So is everything settle with all the parties now ? I was having a lot of fun with my Kolibri powered Twinjet untill it started flaming out on acceleration at 195K . I'm going to have to send it across the pond , I think , but I'm scared !

Marc
Old 04-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: 747drvr

So is everything settle with all the parties now ? I was having a lot of fun with my Kolibri powered Twinjet untill it started flaming out on acceleration at 195K . I'm going to have to send it across the pond , I think , but I'm scared !

Marc
My LHS have sold about 25 engines by now and it works very well, although he still works alot testing turbines and you might need to call a couple of times to get through. I strongly suggest calling for a personal contact rather then just sending the engine.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: 747drvr

Marc
Chris did in fact finally get his turbine back after many, many calls, e-mails & promises. Martins excuse was that he thought Chris was using his "secrets" to give to JetJoe! Wow...I've heard it all now. Chris' now needs to go back for service again, so with no other choice, it will have to go back.

I would highly, highly suggest you get in contact with the man before sending.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 AM
rpm303
My Feedback: (18)

Dealing with companies/people like in this situation just suck the fun out of this hobby.
I am sure that alot of people after seeing this thread will stay clear of lambert turbines. It is a shame
that only from the pressure from this thread there has been some resolution. I for one will never buy a
lambert turbine.
A great indicator of future behavior is past behavior. [:'(]
Old 04-08-2012, 10:07 AM
ceffi

I for one will never buy a lambert turbine.
do that and all will be good for you.

I know, a repair can takes longer by martin lambert, but I also know what I have with a Kolibri.
Martin Lambert is alone with all the work.
If you buy a Kolibri, you have to know, that it can take sometimes a little bit longer.

Christian

Old 04-08-2012, 08:02 PM
rpm303
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: ceffi

I for one will never buy a lambert turbine.
do that and all will be good for you.

I know, a repair can takes longer by martin lambert, but I also know what I have with a Kolibri.
Martin Lambert is alone with all the work.
If you buy a Kolibri, you have to know, that it can take sometimes a little bit longer.

Christian

Wow, It can take a little bit longer. Is over a year a little bit longer ???. It sounds like he makes a great turbine, but the down side is the service.
This hobby is a luxury and people spend their hard earned money for the joy flying brings them. If dealing with companies that do business like this, it just sucks the fun right out.
I feel sorry for anyone that needs to send there turbine in for service.
I have had a bad experiance with a turbine company and a person that feed me some BS. The truth is always better than a lie and is easier to deal with. If you know the truth, you know what to expect. With a lie, you never know what to expect !!!
I hope for all the Kolibri owners that this thread has a positive affect for lambert turbines.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Henke Torphammar

ORIGINAL: rpm303
I hope for all the Kolibri owners that this thread has a positive affect for lambert turbines.
As I wrote earlier there have been about 25 engines sold by the Swedish dealer the last year with no problems more then haveing to call a couple of times in the worst cases. No engines missing etc. How it's been before I have no clue of.

Amazing engines which officially now provide 4.15lb of thrust for the T15, 5.3lb for the T20 and 6.2lb for the T25. Ours run perfect on diesel fuel too which indicates it's a good design. All in a package weighing only 9oz. ...Well worth calling twice for.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:26 PM
luckyflyer

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the service situation has gotten any better with Martin Lambert? I've had a wet start with my Kolibri and was not able to give it a proper cool down and now the bearings are toast. Anyone know if the phone numbers in this thread are still relevant? ..........Thanks
Old 06-12-2014, 10:04 PM
jetster81

Originally Posted by luckyflyer
I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the service situation has gotten any better with Martin Lambert? I've had a wet start with my Kolibri and was not able to give it a proper cool down and now the bearings are toast. Anyone know if the phone numbers in this thread are still relevant? ..........Thanks
Why not contact them and ask?
Old 06-13-2014, 04:59 AM
Henke Torphammar

It's became much better the past years. I know since I have been visiting a couple of times with my first visit in 2010 I think. Back then things were much more primitive. At my latest visit the status is almost up to a real factory production line with allot of parts ready for assembly. Stacks of combustors, fuel rings, trays with compressors and turbine wheels etc. Really impressive. Many of the parts are now made in house from billet steel or aluminum, this makes lead times shorter and changes get effect faster in production. Turbine housing, front cover with starter holder are both made from solid billet steel for example.

Also Ruslan is working full time doing almost all assembly and manufacturing as good as Martin. A really great guy to chat with too, only in German though :-P

Some parts I know are still trouble with such as bearings, but I know Lambert are doing development him self there too, to cut the lead time there too.

I mostly go via my local dealer when having questions, upgrades or service, they have great luck communicating with Lambert and I never have to wait for replies for more than a day or so. It's not like Microsoft with his own call centre, but way better then a couple of years ago.

Try going via your dealer or the phone number on his site, http://www.lambert-modellturbinen.de/

Last edited by Henke Torphammar; 06-13-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM
luckyflyer

Thanks Henke. I got up at 5:30 am (1:30 Pm in Breitenbach Germany) this morning and called and talked to Martin. He answered on the 2nd ring and was very friendly and answered all of my questions. He said that turn around time will be about a week after he receives the turbine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm encouraged by this.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Henke Torphammar

Thanks Henke. I got up at 5:30 am (1:30 Pm in Breitenbach Germany) this morning and called and talked to Martin. He answered on the 2nd ring and was very friendly and answered all of my questions. He said that turn around time will be about a week after he receives the turbine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm encouraged by this.
No problem, I'm always happy to help and share the tiny bit of turbine knowledge that I have
Old 07-22-2014, 05:38 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Any updated LuckyFlyer? I sent an email out about a week ago enquiring about returning an engine for service and I have not yet received a reply. Maybe the best contact method is to call?
Old 07-22-2014, 05:45 AM
luckyflyer

I talked to Martin this morning regarding the repair of my turbine. Like you I have sent emails and never heard back. Calling is defiantly the way to go. The # to dial from the USA is 011 49 177 533 2399 .
Old 07-22-2014, 05:47 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Sounds good I'll give him a ring. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:33 AM
jasonvo

I had sent my turbine to Martin a few times for service without any problem so far. Most of time it returned to me less than a month.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:04 AM
luckyflyer

Martin told me that it would take about a week to repair my turbine. I've now called him several times. He tells me that its almost ready to ship but hasn't.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess Leopard doesn't change his spots huh?
Old 08-24-2014, 06:54 PM
luckyflyer

I guess so
Old 08-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Henke Torphammar

Martin told me that it would take about a week to repair my turbine. I've now called him several times. He tells me that its almost ready to ship but hasn't.
Keep calling...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.