Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR QUALITY CONTROL.9303 Tx.-SUCKS.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:33 PM
misterv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR QUALITY CONTROL.9303 Tx.-SUCKS.

Further to my article in the JR section of this forum, I am now going to go out on a limb and state that JR has a quality control problem and they MUST answer to it.
Their 9303 transmitter would be one of the most popular units World Wide and some MUST have faulty components that will fail.
They are using sub-standard parts. No if or buts.
Two of the three digital trims on my set jamned at the same time.Coincidence ? bad luck ? poor maintenace ? NO !!!!!! NO.
Of the three plastic trim units, one was a complete different unit than the others and workd freely.On the other two the moulding was not the same and the opening so small that it restricted movement of the cam that activated the micro switches. How it ever worked at all is hard to understand.
Maybe I was unlucky! Maybe this is the only one with odd units!. However this unit must have come out of a spare parts bin of which thousands had been made. You do not just make one plastic moulding.
I believe JR transmitters may be made in different factories throughout the world and may use different components. This does not explain how in one unit different parts of poor maufacture or design were used.
I have attached 2 photos showing both units.Both side shape and top clearance is noticeably different.
PLEASE JR. A REPLY.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:38 PM
slarty

Default RE: JR QUALITY CONTROL.9303 Tx.-SUCKS.

Has the set ever been away for repair ? There are only 2 manufacturing sites for JR branded sets, 1 in Japan and 1 in Malaysia.

I have worked on many 9X's, 9XII's and DSX9's and have never seen this problem before. I am somewhat baffled about how this could come about.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:32 PM
misterv

Slaty your'e baffled!!!. I have contacted JR Australia and they have no idea how it could happen but are sending up 2 replacement units. I will them send them one of the suspect units for their info. At least good service from JR Australia. JR must have made thousands of these units and where are they now?
No,the unit was purchased new and has never left my place. I have two 9 ch.and this one was probably the least used. It is in as new condition.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:25 AM
misterv

Once again,never too late to learn new things in this aeromodelling game. It would be boring if all well all of the time.
I have been assured by a extremely helpfull JR Australia techican, that the problem was caused by heat. Leaving the tx. in an enclosed vehicle. One of the problems of having flying weather for nearly 365 days of the year.
Both units had been distorted to the extent that they appeared to come out of a different mould. Replacements are forthcoming and my long, long fruitful association with JR has been restored.
For a while there it was like loosing an old friend.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Perhaps you might consider changing the title of your thread as you seem to have been taken care of by the JR folks for something you did, not them?

Just a thought....[8D]
Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 AM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Define SUCKS..
I have never had a manufacture defect..on all of my JR equipment..minor problems have been corrected by Horizon.
One bad apple doesnot make the rest of the apples bad..

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 PM
tadawson

Seems to me that this problem is pretty much 100% the property of the owner, and none by JR. It doesn't take a genius to realize that plastic deforms and/or melts in hot conditions, and that an RC TX is not designed to be kept in those conditions . . . .

- Tim
Old 11-18-2010, 05:26 PM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

This isn't, or shouldn't be a suprise that JR/Horizon has quality control problem. 9503 recall, now looks like DX8 is up to bat for a recall