Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Beware While ordering from HobbyKing

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 PM
akshayb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware While ordering from HobbyKing

Placed an order with hobby king last month, and parcel arrived to me couple of weeks later, after opening the package I realised that majority of the items from parcel were missing. Any ways I reported this to HK. They asked me to send many many pics of the parcel that included a picture of parcel after putting it on weighting scale, fortunately my wife had a scale in her kitchen. and this morning they informed me "I am happy to inform you that the investigation for your missing claim has completed. We have checked with warehouse and the post office, and we have confirmed that we have sent you all the items you have ordered, so there should be no items missing.
Your understanding will be much appreciated"

So word of caution here, First of all make sure you have a weighting scale before you order from this Chinese Supplier. And secondly remember your luck can run out any day with poorly packaged HK parcels.
In fact it's hard to believe these humble card board boxes which carry HK orders are capable of carrying them safely.

And Another thought in back of my mind, if hobby king can't trust me how can I trust Hobby King's so called investigation.

So all the members on this forum beware while ordering from this Chinese Supplier, this can happen with any body.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:06 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Beware While ordering from HobbyKing

I found out about them for batteries. One day I decided to order an airplane from them. When I got it, the wings were smashed. I sent them photos of the damaged wings. They said in order for any action to be taken I would have to ship the whole thing back to them at my expense. So, given that I already paid shipping to me, then would have to pay shipping back, it all went in the trash (shipping it back would have cost me 50% of the cost of the airframe, let alone the shipping to me!).

Lesson Learned.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:33 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I would file a claim through PayPal to be reimbursed for the missing items portion of the order. They say you have up to 45 days to file a claim, so I wouldn't waste any time if I were you.

I've had great success with other HK dealers such as Leader's Hobby, everything arrived within 10 days and no errors with the 5+ items in my order
Old 06-15-2011, 04:38 PM
oskartek

ORIGINAL: bill_delong

I would file a claim through PayPal to be reimbursed for the missing items portion of the order. They say you have up to 45 days to file a claim, so I wouldn't waste any time if I were you.

I've had great success with other HK dealers such as Leader's Hobby, everything arrived within 10 days and no errors with the 5+ items in my order
It is my understanding that PayPal is only good for claims involving E-Bay otherwise, you are out of luck.

Sorry about your bad luck with Hobby King.

Happy flying, Oscar
Old 06-16-2011, 12:12 PM
RoyR

I have had pretty good luck ordering batteries and radio equip from them. However I wanted a small powered glider to fly in my back yard so ordered a PNP KInetic 800. I assembled the plane, hooked up my radio and everything worked except the motor only chattered and jumped, but didn't turn. I tried different batteries, but still won't turn.
Of course I had already put the decals on and assembled it before hooking up the radio. I assumed they would not take the whole airplane in return, so
I contacted them to see if they would replace the ESC or Motor under warranty.

Their first response was "I am sorry to hear that the motor seems defective -
You are kindly advised to take some photos to show the item especially the motor since you claim you put some decals on it.I will pass all information to our warranty department for advice."

I wrote back to tell them there seemed to be a communication problem, that the plane was a PNP and motor and servos were pre installed. Would they replace my ESC and motor under warranty. The answer was, "In this case, can you kindly provide us some photos?I will pass to warranty department for some advise.We are looking forward to your assistance."

So I am going to take a picture of the airplane and send it. Doubt I will get anything replaced, but they will get their pictures of the assembled airplane.
It is frustrating, but I do get a good laugh out of how things translate.

I'll probably go ahead and order an ESC while I'm at it.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:14 PM
akshayb

Asking for pictures is anoher trick to buy time.

It is very difficult for me to understand, how come it would help them to settle a claim for faulty motor and esc with pictures.

Wish you all the best for getting your faulty motor replaced.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:42 AM
RoyR

ORIGINAL: akshayb

Asking for pictures is anoher trick to buy time.

It is very difficult for me to understand, how come it would help them to settle a claim for faulty motor and esc with pictures.

Wish you all the best for getting your faulty motor replaced.
I got a response today telling me to send it back. Guess the pictures worked, although they didn't show anything,
I'm going to send the ESC back, which I think is the problem. I can't get the motor off anyway without breaking the nose off the airplane.
Oh well,
Old 06-17-2011, 12:37 PM
akshayb

That's great RoyR, I suppose they are reading this thread.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM
RoyR

I managed to figure out the motor and got it off without breaking the plastic nose cone.
At least they are working with me. There just seems to be a language problem. Also I didn't have to send them to China, just Washington. I'll post how it turns out.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 AM
ujjwal

I have been HCAffectionado andbuyinthem for long. But Idontbuy to overly complacent preaching of otherHCfans overHCLive community and other forums which sounds more like seekingHCbonus point. Their reasoning that people should ready to acceptHKitems As-Is, andHKshould not be held for quality or shipping the items.
I hereby claim thatHCis already operating at margins of 50% , and no matter the Western brick and mortarLHSoperating at higher margin, that doesn't giveHKto say My way or High way.

I would earnestly like remind MR Anthony Hands that his 'Care a Damn' reply for a the other guys request toHCgiving an option of Postal Insurance would give a bad precedence.HKis Not Apple Yet. It sucks inNitroand Gasser regime. Other established Hobby Shops like Towers have much larger diversity in products (comparing Apple to Apple in quality/branding) and provide much generous discount (aFutaba8FG would cost $379 after $20-$250 from Towers, while $450 onHK). On the other hand, many new shops inHongkongand mainland China are coming up (lowpriceRc, hobby dreams), if not all, some are indeed a threat toHC, and you need just one of them todethrownHCfrom its 'King' ship. I have had business with many of them, and believe me, they are very aggressive in customer services and shipping, in whichHCsucks big time. What is more alarming is that manyLHSin west like Hobby Lobby have madeprocingofHC/Chinese quality items likeBL,Lipoetc toHKprices. In smaller RC scene places like India, there is similar trend byLHS.

So Knock! Knock! HCand Mr Hands, like Google toppled Yahoo in search andFBOrkut in no time, its time to wake up and put again Customer-First. I know 4-5 people already in my small club ditchingHCand move on. Wonder what would be the trend in West which has clubs in every country side town!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:34 AM
RoyR

I'm sure the reviews on Hobby King are all fake. They all give the max rating and never really say anything about the item. Plus when I tried to leave a review it wouldn't take it.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:38 AM
akshayb

I have been reading many HK threads since I was cheated by them with poorly packaged parcel with missing items, There are many concerns about their poor service and care a damn attitude.

Remember, people at tyrantish HK, it requires a dot to start a line and a drop to start filling a vessel, Dots and drops are becomeing a plurality now.

I ordered couple of items with tower, of course their very attractive priceing attracted me, and beleive me I am very much satisfied with service I have got from them. And seing their parcel I can't beleive, you can make atleast 4 HK parcels out of it. And also worth noting here is that they are not into illegal parctice of under invoiceing their orders, so you can have a good night's sleep.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 AM
akshayb

Hobby king is up to their tricks again,

I had put a Pay pal case on them and today I received a plain mail stating to remove case I have on them, and what's that I can't believe my eyes they have removed this order's details from my account on their web site.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

That's what you get with government run anything....Can't wait to see what happens when we have government run healthcare in the US reading posts like this.

nice censorship Mods...........just because you disagree don't edit my post.........IT WAS RELEVANT.......
Old 06-22-2011, 02:01 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

That's what you get with government run anything....Can't wait to see what happens when we have government run healthcare in the US reading posts like this.

nice censorship Mods...........just because you disagree don't edit my post.........IT WAS RELEVANT.......
For the many that dont have health care goverment care is better than no care at all.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Desertlakesflying

Wow, love it when my post gets removed because it's relevant and TRUE, because some Moderators don't agree.

Nice......I guess my AMA number isn't low enough and I don't own enough turbine models to be allowed to post relevant replies.

PS....missed the pm...the delete button was faster than the excuses.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:29 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The first part of your post was relevant and true. The second part was a biased political statement. I only removed the irrelevant part.

You chose to replace the words I removed so I deleted the entire post.

I strongly suggest that you don't push your luck.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 AM
akshayb

Join hands against this tyrant Chinese seller on FB, Link is below

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...350419761&ap=1
Old 06-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Desertlakesflying

There was NOTHING biased about the second part as it is based in FACT and this post is an example of what happens when the government of any country runs anything that should be private.

Thank you for making my case by calling my statement biased. Had you only said political statement you would have gotten away with it, BUT you showed YOUR bias by stating; "The second part was a biased political statement."

It in fact shows you did not agree with my statement and it was removed because of that.

Oh hey thanks for the threat......lol

Luck pressed.............
Old 06-23-2011, 08:27 AM
akshayb

Do not worry buddy, money rules........................
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, my turn to step in here now. There were several posts that were removed from this thread because political commentary is not allowed on RCU. The views and values of the Moderator have nothing to do with this issue, it is simply enforcing the rules of RCU, which state that political commentary is not allowed on RCU. Plain and simple. If members have an issue with the actions of a moderator, trying to fight it out in the open forum is NOT the way to deal with it. All that will do is lead to more problems. If you have problems with a moderator your best course of action is to conact me and let me deal with it. This is part of my job as Forum Manager here on RCU, and I can assure you that I will look at something like this in a fair manner. Nothing will be swept under the rug.

I have removed a chunk of posts from this thread because they shouldn't be here. Please keep the thread on topic and leave the rest of the stuff out.

Thanks

Ken
Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 PM
RoyR

ORIGINAL: RCKen

it is simply enforcing the rules of RCU, which state that political commentary is not allowed on RCU. Plain and simple.
Best rule I've ever seen.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Desertlakesflying

Never did figure out how comparing things run by government is political but alright.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:14 AM
akshayb

Another case of cheating by Hobby King see this, they say payment is not received by them. OK broken internet Links because of heavy rains in China to Blame.

http://www.rcindia.org/rc-outl<wbr></wbr>​ets-and-resellers/anything-and<wbr></wbr>​-everything-hobby-king/msg7173<wbr></wbr>​4/#msg71734
Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 AM
Father Time

Good morning guys! Well, at least it is here. I would think that one simple rule applies here - Don't spend what you can't afford to lose! I have placed 15 orders with HK and never had a problem. After listening to everyone else, I guess I have been fortunate. The service you recieve from these people also depends on where you stand on their status board and seeing as how I have spent a considerable amount with them I have platinum status. Believe it or not, this does seem to make a difference in the response you get from them! We have also been told that they plan to open an outlet here in Canada - should make things easier since we can't buy through their U.S office.

Living in Alberta, Canada, it just does not make sense to pay their shipping rates on planes or large items, so I order only what the LHS are gouging me on as most of it is the same stuff including the batteries under the counter which they have marked up 200%. If you are buying on line, do your research (Google everything) and spend wisely! Also do not forget that you cannot get replacement parts for a lot of these Asian ARF/BNF etc. You crash it - you turf it!

All I can really say is that for the number of planes I have and like to keep in the air, I could not do it without vendors such as HK or the other Asian suppliers I use and believe me HK is not the only Asian supplier out there who will give better, faster and cheaper service. I have spent litterly hours on the net finding these people - Now go do your homework!
Good luck, happy flying to all and may the weather Gods kiss your behinds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.