Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Crashed Fei Bao Hawk

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Crashed Fei Bao Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
gab_arm75
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed Fei Bao Hawk

Hi all,

In july my FB hawk 120 size crashed, after only 7 flight. Powerbox royal with 2 receivers and batteries, ev5u pro valve going to trash. Turbine i sent to serivce and repaired it cost for $1110.
Why? Because FB Sale trash for $2k.
FB put in the stabilizer soft aluminium rod, the right side rod was bent back during flight and a back side of stab sit a fuselage in Up position. Plane is going down with rolling, radio and turbine work fine.
So i write to FB and i sent stab pics. Problem discussion lasted rather long, because Catherine translated my messages for his boss one week it is not dependent on the size message 10 words or 100, all the same.
I understand FB can't compensate all my loss, but though to send new plane after resolve problem with materials. It's Ok.
FB have found a heap of not clear arguments what not to recognize the fault, and have suggested me to buy the same plane from 50% a discount.
But after i found from my friend picture of my plane in air, where clearly visible right stab have other angle than left, FB stop answer me, i write 3 email after this, but not have any response from FB.

So in this moment I can tell Fei Bao is a worst company from all Chines manufacturers. When you look for buy any plane from Fb, please
think once again, probably you will save some hundred of dollars, but can lose some thousand like me or other many people in this forum who have crash fb plane from for bad quality. And not reseive any compensation from this worst company.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17701.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1662719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48365.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1662720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90387.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1662721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl26920.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1662722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tf49275.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1662723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul79255.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1662724  
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Crashed Fei Bao Hawk

I am prepared to elaborate on the reasons I make the following statement, but I would prefer not to unless I am pressed.

I have found dealings with FeiBao through Catherine to have been at the very least exemplary. Can I at this point urge you to re-establish relations with the company and perhaps re evaluate your approach to this unfortunate incident for which you have my sympathy.

m
Old 09-15-2011, 02:53 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Looks like at least your turbine is salvagable. My Jet Legend F-20 destroyed my brand new P-160SX!!![:@][:@][:'(]
Old 09-15-2011, 03:30 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Nope there is worse than FB...........
Old 09-15-2011, 06:47 PM
topgun24
My Feedback: (25)

Fly Eagle is the worst hands down. FB maybe 2nd or 3rd to last but NOT the worst!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:20 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Jiffy Pop anyone?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

gab,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I've built five FB jets and other than the weak gear mounts in the P60 sized F-5, have had a lot of luck with them and have gotten good support from Catherine and the factory.

I hear that the FB Hawk has issues as Bevar will testify. Check out posts #1 and #2 in this thread.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9758010/anchors_9758910/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9758910]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9758010/anchors_9758910/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9758910[/link]

I wish you well and hope you get back in the air soon.

Jim
Old 09-16-2011, 05:38 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Jiffy Pop anyone?
Oh boy...sequels and reruns!!! Hey, all you guys that were into jets when Kingcat booms were breaking, CARF $10k Kit Mig gears were not working and SM was having major issues...I don't remember the Forum being like this then? I do remember when SM Hawks were falling out of the sky with Stab issues, FB L-39's were fluttering bad and their MB339 Nose was falling off...there was some of this. Or, are we in a new era?

Rex
Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

[]Sorry for your loss. Nobody uses aluminum stab pivots on that size plane!! I have a" GLOBAL JET CLUB T-45 PRO ARF" {SKYMASTER} for sale or trade. Has new wing design,votex generaters,squar tips,washout,fences. Never flown. just taxi. Red -white. Just add power...$1700.00 Also have new KINGTECK K-80 for it..
Old 09-16-2011, 11:49 AM
F15driver
My Feedback: (24)

Jet Legend argued for 5/6 months that their F-20 had no design problems. Well, guess what, it did. Continued pressure in this forum finally made them step up and address the problem but all that crashed still lost hundreds or thousands of dollars on turbine repair or replacement as well as all the radio/servo damage. No more for me!

Rob Puetz
F15driver
Old 09-16-2011, 11:58 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: rbxbear44

Jiffy Pop anyone?
Oh boy...sequels and reruns!!! Hey, all you guys that were into jets when Kingcat booms were breaking, CARF $10k Kit Mig gears were not working and SM was having major issues...I don't remember the Forum being like this then? I do remember when SM Hawks were falling out of the sky with Stab issues, FB L-39's were fluttering bad and their MB339 Nose was falling off...there was some of this. Or, are we in a new era?

Rex
I'm starting to wonder if its the airframes or pilot error? From all the reading and hate fest I have seen these past few months there are people flying the same models with no issues at all. Then someone who is looking to vent after losing mass amounts of money needs something to blame.
But this is just my observation over the past few months. I am positive there are factory issues that cause some but with the mass amounts of knowledge on the web about models you should know what to expect, unless your getting the very first. Only a few companies that build these things and you have to deal with it or fly something different. I would love to find some American made stuff myself but nobody in the states makes the stuff I like in the size I like. Im sure if my jet falls apart in the air I will be mad as well, but I did the research and picked my jet for my own reasons so its ultimately my own fault. This is just thoughts and opinion so they don't matter.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

The FB Hawk is a piece of garbage. It's poorly designed, constructed and guess what...all of them crash. Either a wing blows off, the stabs fail or it just snaps...it's a real POS.

FB has known about it's problems since Tam sold them over 5 years ago and they have done nothing to correct the issues, other than slap fancy paint jobs on them and sell more of them.

Beave

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

ORIGINAL: rbxbear44

Jiffy Pop anyone?

Rex
I'm starting to wonder if its the airframes or pilot error? From all the reading and hate fest I have seen these past few months there are people flying the same models with no issues at all. Then someone who is looking to vent after losing mass amounts of money needs something to blame.
But this is just my observation over the past few months. I am positive there are factory issues that cause some but with the mass amounts of knowledge on the web about models you should know what to expect, unless your getting the very first. Only a few companies that build these things and you have to deal with it or fly something different. I would love to find some American made stuff myself but nobody in the states makes the stuff I like in the size I like. Im sure if my jet falls apart in the air I will be mad as well, but I did the research and picked my jet for my own reasons so its ultimately my own fault. This is just thoughts and opinion so they don't matter.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:57 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw a new Fei Bao F5 collapse in the air at KY Jets. I believe it was David Jackson's. Cause determined was no crossover support on the former between the fuse, above the wing tube. Jed noticed that his didn't have this support either and immediately fabricated one in the field for his F5 which has had tons of flights on it. I guess he has been lucky.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:00 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

yelp he was next to use cutting away
Old 09-17-2011, 07:55 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

YEP.. "PAINT JOB", will sell most anything..Design ,is way down on the list. BVM is a buy and fly system. No need to change anything..
Old 09-17-2011, 09:59 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I saw a new Fei Bao F5 collapse in the air at KY Jets. I believe it was David Jackson's. Cause determined was no crossover support on the former between the fuse, above the wing tube. Jed noticed that his didn't have this support either and immediately fabricated one in the field for his F5 which has had tons of flights on it. I guess he has been lucky.
Andy
As it so happen...I have photos...

Unfortunately David's F5 "Folded like a cheep Suite"

I do believe that Mike from Global Jet Club steped up and helped David out even though David purchased the Jet elsewhere. Mike is a first class act!

After that I gave Jed some 1/4" plywood and he went to town making a cross over brace!

Name:	Lj21757.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1663393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk32095.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1663394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84429.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1663395  
Old 09-17-2011, 10:05 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yep, that was really great of Mike from GJC to help David. It was a really nice looking plane and I was sorry to hear the boom it made (I was flying at the time) when it came apart in mid-air.

Rich, please stop posting that close-up picture of Jed. I'm barely over the nightmares from the last time you posted it

Jim
Old 09-17-2011, 10:18 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

EEEEEEEEK!

Name:	Us52879.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1663399