Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Error uploading images.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 10:59 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Error uploading images.

Hi,

I tried to upload some images yesterday in Electric RC Pattern Flying forum but I get this error (I tried several times yesterday and also today), if I try in this forum same error as shown below.
I contacted the support yesterday but they could not repeat the problem they said. Is it a problem on my computer then? The image I have tried (and serveral others are around 200-300 KB and JPG.
The URL shown at the top in the upload window when error is shown is as below (seems to be missingmessageid value since it is only "messageid=" at the end?

/Bo

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/uplo...ode=&messageid=

<fieldset>

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

</fieldset>

Old 09-24-2011, 05:02 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Error uploading images.

Yes, we are aware of this. This has been pushed up the line so that it can be reported to our programmers

Ken
Old 09-24-2011, 01:43 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that the same bug affecting "Forum Featured" ads (Gas Eng section M. Sarga adv)?
Same one affecting the intermittant images for smilies?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:51 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I also can no longer post pictures and this seems to be around the clock now.

John
Old 09-27-2011, 03:37 AM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Same with me, either Beta or standard works.

Either getting "missing fields" or <fieldset>

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

</fieldset>
Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 AM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. Can't upload anything.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:03 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto

Update: Images did upload when the message was posted however I can't preview them in the body of the message prior to posting using either editor.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Last weekend I was unable to upload anything. However, I just ran a test. Couldn't upload 6 at a time, but was able to upload one at a time. 

I know everybody is frustrated here, and trust me that I feel your pain. This has been turned in to our programmers, so hopefully this will get worked out soon. Wish I had better news on the image upload front

Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Well, a litte bit more news. I did go in and try up upload 12 images at a time and it cratered miserably.

however, I tried something different. I tried to upload 2 images at a time. it worked

Then I tried something a bit different. I tried feeding the uploader 3 images at a time. I clicked on the "Click here to upload images and files" and selected 3 images. Then I clicked "Ok" and waited for notification that the images uploaded and then clicked "ok" to close it out. Then instead of clicking "Ok" again to submit the entire message to the server I went back and clicked on "Click here to upload images and files" again. This time it only gave the opportunity to upload 9 images, so I knew the first 3 were already in the system. So I uploaded another 3, and did the same thing. But doing this 4 separate times I was able to get a full 12 images uploaded to the system.

Yes, it's a bit of a pain, but it is a workaround that let me get 12 images in one post uploaded.

Ken