Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Winter movie fun... with a tank!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Winter movie fun... with a tank!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Winter movie fun... with a tank!

Here are two movies with my snowcat and my Leopard 2A6 working and playing in the snow. The first one is an attempt to use 1/12 scale and 1/16 scale RC together in a movie by using perspective to blur the discrepancy in size. I think it worked out OK. The second is just some silly fun running around in the snow and drifting on slick roads. Both are just for fun. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPdOwKcqqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSfW4ndV_Gc
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Winter movie fun... with a tank!

Sweet, Pah Co.

It makes me wanna get one of mine mobile, and out in the snow. Then I think about the temperature, and say " NAH! " (blasted arthritis and poor circulation)

A few tips though:[ul][*] to keep the damp snow from clinging to your snowblade, you might try ski-wax. If it were a metal blade, I'd say cooking oil. Then again, veggie oils wont attack the plastic blade... petroleum-based ones would. Pam (or similar no-name) cooking spray is also good for the blade, AND tracks. [*] you might want to add a weight-box to the back of the Blizzard - it would help for traction when plowing the damp snow, but thats optional.[*] you also might want to fabricate a weighted groomer/roller, then you'd not have that hump between the tracks, and the Leopard could follow in its foot, er, track-print.[/ul]
Gotta ask though - your beacon-lamps on the Bliz run contra-rotational, unlike most I've seen. Did they come with the kit, or did you buy them elsewhere (and if so, where?) I've been asking around, and most only rotate one-way. I want to get a set or three...

Your tank Commander looked a tad bored in the first video, and then his driver looked liker he was going stir-crazy in #2... (*grin*)(canna get smiley-page to load!)

WhiteWolf
Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Pah co chu puk

Nice to hear from you WWMB.

I spray silicone on the tracks, I think I spelled that right...

The snowcat is a work in progress, like all my stuff.

The lights came from a RC off road car place, I will look up the page and add a link here later. They rotate that way because I soldered the wires to the board and got them mixed up... then did not want to go through the (8) solder connections to re-sort, and hope to get all those black wires in the right order the next time. I knew that with my luck it would not get better the second time around. I plan to build a more scale, more "army" looking body to replace the stock one later so the lights will get moved andsorted out then. I hope.

I'm building a "5th wheel" type hitch to mount on the snowcat so it can pivot turn while hitched. The groomer/ road maintainer will mount to that.

The TC is always bored. We never want him excited.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I like your videos and love that snocat........I'm starting to get real angry about the fact that it doesn't snow around here.
Rex
Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Pah co chu puk

Don't be. The S*&# is very cold and my back hurts from keeping the steps clear.

Here is a link to the place where I got the orange lights.

http://store.rc4wd.com/Double-Flasher-Orange-Color-with-Electronics_p_2230.html