Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Hanno pipe the same as Hatori pipe?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Hanno pipe the same as Hatori pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 11:19 AM
fungcc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanno pipe the same as Hatori pipe?

Just a question followed from another thread.

I have often heard the O.S.'s red anodized pipe for the Hanno Special is the same as the Hatori #650 Long Chamber. Could someone in the trade confirm it. Or would it be the Hatori #700 Super Long Chamber? Official links as follow:

[link=http://www.hatori-models.co.jp/htdocs/data_e/image/650c.html]www.hatori-models.co.jp/htdocs/data_e/image/650c.html[/link]

[link=http://www.hatori-models.co.jp/htdocs/data_e/image/700c.html]http://www.hatori-models.co.jp/htdocs/data_e/image/700c.html[/link]

All three pipes has three ribs or joints on the straight section and it is hard to tell if the Hanno pipe is the Hatori #650 or #700... Could someone who has a Hanno pipe measure its length?

Also, the Hanno is known to work best at low RPMs - typically 9,500-10,000 RPMs. If the #650 works best at this RPM, the #700 would be for even lower RPMs coz it's longer. I somewhat doubt such a .61 engine was mass produced.

Any thoughts [&:]?

Clement Fung
Old 01-08-2004, 05:57 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hanno pipe the same as Hatori pipe?

I had an older Hanno pipe back in '91. It was as far as I could tell, exactly the same as my old style Hatori 650. The pipe was smooth on the outside, no bumps or ribs. I measured the distance to the first baffle through the inlet of the pipe and it was the same as my 650. I don't have the pipe any longer, nor do I remember the measurement, but it was, as far a I could tell, the exact same pipe with red anodizing. I can't comment on the newer pipes, but I really doubt they are any different.

John
Old 01-08-2004, 10:08 PM
lems
My Feedback: (20)

Here is my Hanno pipe. It measures 435 mm long and looks like the Hatori 700.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66558.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	88864  
Old 01-09-2004, 08:41 PM
fungcc
My Feedback: (1)

THANKS lems, thats what I believe is the case too ... unless someone else object ... with proof