Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

YT International ADRENALINE

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

YT International ADRENALINE

Old 02-19-2004, 06:16 PM
mc71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YT International ADRENALINE

There is one of these sitting in my LHS just waiting for me to throw my credit card at for only $300 AU. Has anyone flown one before? I don't want a plane to replace my 2M pattern ship but I do want something a little more expendable to do freestyle manouvers with that flies as straight as a pattern plane.

[link=http://www.ytinternational.co.uk/main/aerobatic/esmaerobatic/adrenaline/adrenaline_spec.htm]Adrenaline[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95859.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	102846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15669.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	102847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30126.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	102848  
Old 02-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Ian.W

Default RE: YT International ADRENALINE

This is taken from the Als hobies website:

YT International Freestyle Adrenaline ARTF

The Best ARTF " True Freestyle " Pattern Model.2 models in 1 perform extreme freestyle maneuvers with ease... Then flick the rates for precise F3A flying.
Feel the adrenaline running through your veins.

The Adrenaline was designed to fulfill the massive demand for a model that could excel at Pattern, Freestyle and 3d Flight. Large control surfaces, generous wing area and precision wing and tail sections all coupled with an overall light weight make for a model that is stunningly capable no matter what the piloting skills of the owner.

From the offset we wanted a model that gave outrageous performance but without compromising airframe strength. The adrenaline really a model that you can enjoy again and again! Designed in England with Ali Mashinchy who is the U.K. freestyle champion 2 years running, and undoubtedly one of Britain's finest display pilots.

This stunning aircraft has the major advantage of being one of the few models that you can perform some wild 3D maneuvers with on high rate and then with just the flick of the rate switch go ahead and fly a pattern routine as slow and precise as you like.

Specifications:

Wingspan: 68" Wing area: -sq.dm Flying weight: 3.7 kg Length: 68" Engine required:.61-1.08 two-stroke or .91-1.20 four-stroke

Available from the 13th January 2004
Old 02-20-2004, 04:16 PM
mikey-3d

im putting one together,at the moment,its a nice model and seems light.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:16 PM
mc71

They seem to be built well, good quality light glass cowl.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:25 AM
slyms

I'm involved with YT International, and we first flew the model at the British Freestyle Champs last year. Ali from Al's Hobbies had the sticks and threw it around as though he'd flown it for months, followed by several of the other competitors. The general concensus seemed to be it was as good if not better than many of the more expensive models competing on the day. I test flew mine last week, and can safely say I've never had an aerobatic model like it, incredible.

Have a look at YT's website for more info ytinternational.co.uk

Syms.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:46 AM
mc71

The other models from YT mainly the RUSH are very popular over here.

I have decided to get an Adrenaline tomorrow as I have 2 idle YS 91's a new building room and decidedly too much money at the moment.

Matt
Old 02-22-2004, 07:58 AM
mikey-3d

slyms,what motor are you running?
Old 02-24-2004, 09:13 AM
slyms

Hi Surrey3styla,

Got a Webra 120 Pump on a Hatori pipe. This was mainly an exercise to see how it holds up with a big engine/pipe, and it performed amazingly, out of sight endless vertical. It really don't need anything more than a YS .91/1.10, as you probably know Ali's had an old YS.91 and did the book. If anyone's fitting anything bigger then it's at their own risk.

Slyms.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:19 AM
slyms

Hi Matt,

We haven't had much feedback about the rush yet over here, I'm glad to hear it's popular there. The YS .91's perfect for the Adrenaline, I'm putting an old.91AC in another at the moment. There's going to be some really nice stuff coming out over the next 6 months, can't say to much, but keep checking the YT website.

Some of the first batch of Adrenaline's have a few niggles, namely the red trim needs re-ironing at the pointy bits, check the wing joiner laminates are glued correctly before fitting and the belly pan formers need altering (just cutting, spreading and bracing), all of which have been conveyed to the factory. I think we have succeeded in creating a cheaper alternative to the high performance models available, without comprimising on performance or build quality. These points are miner, and would take nothing to fix for someone who has built models before.

There may be a pro version coming out eventually with Monocote covering, but they will be more expensive.

Syms.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:50 PM
mc71

Sadly the one I was going to buy got sold over the phone while I was in the shop yesterday[].

I didn't really want a new plane right now but the Adrenaline was too good to pass up. Any hints as to what this nice stuff is that is coming in the next 6 months?

Matt
Old 02-25-2004, 05:01 AM
slyms

All I can say is something along the same lines as the Adrenaline but scale'ish. I did the colour schemes last week for the one and it looks wild. Again they may be in 2 versions, basic scheme and wow! I've already said to much. They are almost at the prototype stage so hopefully later this year, though when we gave dates for the Adrenaline we were almost 4 months out, lap of the gods and all that. I don't know whether your into other models, because there are some real nice warbirds and eventually turbines on the cards, and I know the Aussie distributor's may have something planned of their own.

We've had models up to prototype stage before now, and not progress any further for a long time, so I wouldn't hold your breath. I hope this isn't the case, but I don't want anybody to get their hopes up until they're on the shelves. We learnt our lesson promising kits, and then being phoned daily for months until they arrived.

Syms
Old 02-25-2004, 06:55 AM
rc flyer uk

Surrey: sounds like i made a mistake then! I havnt seen the email you sent yet but my Dad told me about it! Sounds lite!! Maybie when if i get the job i just applied for i will replace my Swallow with an Adrenaline.

Rob
Old 02-27-2004, 04:57 PM
mikey-3d

yeah its lighter than i thought it would be,seems really nice so far,got some cool acessories to especially the control horns[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86982.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	105683  
Old 02-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Shahid

There was one at my field flying today, would have been two becuase Ali Mashinchy came along and got his out but it started snowing.

I didn't see any 3D but it did fly good.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:51 AM
rc flyer uk

surrey: that looks really nice! Its big as well! Didnt realise how big it was!

Does any one know how much more power the YS91 gives out over a OS91 fs would the OS give enough power for the adrenaline!!

Rob
Old 02-29-2004, 09:59 AM
mikey-3d

your os91 would be fine but,to make it perform i think high nitro is in order
Old 03-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

not sure how much more power the YS has over a OS. I can tell you that the two adrenalines that I flew at the weekend, one had a YS 110. It was torque rolling at dead on half stick and the other had a clapped out old os 120 non pumped and that was hanging at just above half so I think a 91 would be a good choice. It would be hard pushed for the extreme 3d stuff but general freestyle/pattern flying it would be great
Old 03-01-2004, 03:08 PM
The boys Back

Got mine today (cheers Ali )

Debating on motors though, I wanted to try the Saito 100 as its very light but there aren’t any available over here so it may have to be the YS 110 but I have had a bad one so its putting me off, I do have a very good YS 120L but it feels a bit heavy, does anyone know the weight difference between the 120L and the 110? I would be grateful
Old 03-01-2004, 03:58 PM
mikey-3d

dave, the 120 weighs 880g and the 110 is around the 750g mark,i think ill go for the 110 route,sounds like plenty off power for it[8D]
Old 03-12-2004, 03:11 PM
kris1

So I guess a YS 120 would rip its wings off. I have one sitting around looking for a home

Cheers

Kris
Old 03-13-2004, 05:08 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

kris,
I think the YS 120 would be fine. You would have to have a certain amount of throttle managment but I would say the same of most engines in most 3d/Freestyle planes. The wings will only come off if you really want to rip them off.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:25 AM
kris1

What would say about prop selection. I guess a 16 x 6 to 16 x 8??

Cheers

Kris
Old 04-11-2004, 12:10 AM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

I am interested in this model. Do you have any suggestions for a 2-stroke engine and also what about modifications if any to the airframe? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:04 AM
kris1

I received my kit last week. I have had a good look over it, and so far I can’t see any modifications at all. The trim is a little ragged in places, and the paint could be better on the belly pan, but for the money I can’t complain. The instructions suggest a closed loop for the rudder. But there is also provision for a rudder servo in the tail. I will power mine with a YS 110 on the standard header and muffler. I have a hatroui set-up I used with he synergy 90, but I think I will error on the side of simplicity.

Cheers

Kris
Old 04-12-2004, 07:48 PM
slyms

Most of our customers so far have used 4-strokes, though we have had several people using .90/1.08 and 1.20 2-strokes. A good friend of mine has recently bought his second Adrenaline, this being powered by an ASP 1.08 2-stroke, I know this is a good combination even on the standard exhaust. At the other extreme, we have been flying our own model for months with a Webra 1.20 pumper with a Hatori pipe, truly awesome power.

No need for any modifications, tuned pipes are optional.

Syms.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.