Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

PowerFlite Gone??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Kitman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerFlite Gone??

It's apparent PowerFlite company is gone! I send batteries back and have been calling for 2 months and leaving messages without a return call and now the phones have been disconnected.

Hope they don't have your product or money.

Kitman
Old 07-20-2004, 10:59 AM
citation X
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: PowerFlite Gone??

try this company in the future, Great customer service and they awnser there phone's.... http://www.fromeco.org/sales.htm
Old 07-20-2004, 12:12 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe they were bought out, and by non RC people too yet.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

They were bought out by people not involved with R/C. Shows how much PowerfLite cared. No warning. However there are other places to go now for great Lithium batteries. Duralite, Fromeco, and going into Lithium Polymer is even better now
Old 07-20-2004, 11:52 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Damn shame..

I have been using PF's for two season now and they always charge to the same voltage, always drop the same ammount per flight. Very easy to monitor them that way.

I havent had that luck with other Li-Ion brands...
Old 07-21-2004, 12:01 AM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

The guy that bought them out is GARY BRAMMER...... I have had the PLEASURE (it tuly is a pleasure) of dealing with this man..... He bought it and only after the fact found out that the COMPANY DEBT was much higher than what the seller lead him to believe..... I have not had a chance to talk with Gary recently, but I will be really suprised if he lets us down like this.....
Old 07-21-2004, 07:40 AM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He bought it and only after the fact found out that the COMPANY DEBT was much higher than what the seller lead him to believe..... I have not had a chance to talk with Gary recently, but I will be really suprised if he lets us down like this.....
Thats a shame, im sure it wasent his fault getting the company in debt, but he had better pick up the pace and soon, by the sounds of things PF isnt making there existing customers very happy..
Old 07-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Kitman
My Feedback: (13)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions where to go, but I need to get the batteries I sent replaced.

I hope that Gary is a man of his word!

Kitman

Hey Wayne, great flying at the XFC, see you at the ETOC!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:34 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Kitman

Hey Wayne, great flying at the XFC, see you at the ETOC!

Thanks Greg.
Looking forward to the ETOC!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:35 PM
The PIPE

Default And the TNC tachometer as well???

Dear Kitman and Fellow RCU'ers:

The PIPE Here...and as I HAD been planning to get a TNC tachometer for MY four stroke ONLY flying needs when money became available, NOW I'm wondering IF the TNC PT10S tachometer will EVER be available again... !!!!

I've HAD to spend QUITE a lot of money on my car this year, and the funds MAY be available before very long for a TNC tachometer...but NOW with Powerflite dropping off the screen, who...just WHO...is going to make the TNC tachometers available AGAIN, and HOW LONG will the WAIT be???

I DO have my 1980s vintage Futaba "Tachotimer" that I CAN still use, but IT has only a "hundreds" of RPM resolution figure...I REALLY WANTED that TENS of RPM figure the PT10S had available to it...PERFECT for my SLOWER running FOUR STROKERS!!!

Don't know if an item like the TNC tachometer would be worth looking for at Eeee-Bayyyyyy...OR if a TNC PT10S will EVER show up there or elsewhere...perhaps I NEED to start looking...PLEASE, will SOMEONE give me some (at least) HOPEFUL news about the TNC PT10S tach's FUTURE availability???????????

Yours Sincerely,

A VERY worried "The PIPE".....
Old 07-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

I know longer use Powerflite and haven't been for awhile now, but I bought a setup for a 33% setup, which was two 3600mAh, one 1800mAh, 3 regulators, and the charger, and as soon as I got the system one of the 3600 were completely dead, I mean I tried everything that I thought might be the problem like a lose or broke wire, to a bad J plug, but the bottom line was it was just a defective battery,,, Well I tried to get in-touch with anyone from that company for 3 months and I never heard anything from them, and since everybody says the same thing they thought they were close or bought out or what ever,, But a few weeks ago a guy name Imal ( I guess that's how you spell it) he gave me a call telling me they were bought out and they have been out of town, well I told him my story and he said just send the battery back in and he would take care of it, Well I'm sorry I don't keep it a habit of holding on to all my broke batteries so I threw it away, This was about 2 weeks ago, Well he told me to show him proof of my purchase so since I do all my banking on line it wasn't a problem going back and pulling up the date and what I bought, well I called him with that info and ask if he wanted me to fax it to him he said don't worry about it he would just ask his boss and get back in-touch with me, well I haven't heard a word from them in fact I tried to call them about 6 different times and they have this operator asking me what number did I call and to please call back, well come to find out the number they had is no longer working, so around November of last year when I was looking for a battery company to do all my giant scale business with I'm so glad I didn't pick these guys, Now I'm sure they were good back when Kevin had it but now its a damn shame they cant even do the right thing and replace a faulty battery.....

Take care
Old 08-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

TNC Is Not Dead! Fromeco http://fromeco.org has purchaced the rights to TNC and is currently building The new and inproved TNC Tachometer. It is an enhanced version of the origional TNC. I should be receiving a pre-production model this week and testing it this weekend. Cost $95 Should be avalable First Week in September