Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TC3 CD3 RS4 3 SCHUMACHER

all RTR, which one do you reckon??
Old 11-17-2004, 04:29 AM
hitman45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TC3 CD3 RS4 3 SCHUMACHER

CD3!
Im getting this car in 2 weeks time. I originally had the LD3 and currently having my LD3 converted to a CD3 by a friend that is a OFNA distrubutor.
The LD3 was an excellent car (ask many people). And i asure you that the new OFNA CD3 will be much better than the LD3.

Can't wait to recieve my car back off my friend.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:41 AM
Q8 RC

umm i will get the NTC3 PLUS tomorow

Bader

KUWAIT
Old 11-17-2004, 07:15 AM
dan6362001
My Feedback: (11)

I have 2 rs4 3's and i love them to death, All the cars you listed are great but for me its a toss up between the tc3 and rs4 3. the tc3 and rs4 have an almost perfect balance between handling and speed and are really easy to control and have great handling.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:52 AM
truckzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanx i think ill get a couple of rtr rs4 3 evos for my missus and I do you know if you can get a one way diff convesion for the front of them?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:20 PM
hammadown

hey..... you can get one ways on the ld3 and cd3 pro's. and i have both and $ for $, you cant beat either one of em....... take a good long look at ofna's 1/10 offerings and youll see the quality that they put into both cars!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

TC3....proven winner, the plus version for beginners and the Factory Team is an all out racer. You will not be dissapointed by the parts availability, QUALITY, ease of use, and performance.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:39 PM
hammadown

hey......the tc3 doesn't have gear diff's,the 2 speed is an option you wont get a failsafe with the tc3, you dont get a HUGE gear bag with storage for everything you would need to carry plus the car, and you cant slap on a factory electric starter system.......i have it and its the best starter system next to traxxas.........SOOOOOO NICE!!!!!!!!!! as i said..... there isnt a car that ofer you $ for $ what you get with the LD3 and CD3.....give one of them a good look in person or check them out at ofna.com

hammadown
Old 11-23-2004, 11:42 PM
lax195

ORIGINAL: hammadown

hey......the tc3 doesn't have gear diff's,the 2 speed is an option you wont get a failsafe with the tc3, you dont get a HUGE gear bag with storage for everything you would need to carry plus the car, and you cant slap on a factory electric system.......i have it and its the best starter system next to traxxas.........SOOOOOO NICE!!!!!!!!!! as i said..... there isnt a car that ofer you $ for $ what you get with the LD3 and CD3.....give one of them a good look at one in person or check them out at ofna.com

hammadown
The 2 speed is standard, electric starter is dead weight that eventually breaks anyway, and you dont have to drive around with the brand TRAXXAS on your body .
Old 11-23-2004, 11:46 PM
hammadown

hey...... it's not a traxxas starter its just like it!!!!!!!!!!!! and i dout it would "BREAK AWAY".
the ofna ld3 and cd3 is the best value hands down

hammadown
Old 11-27-2004, 02:47 PM
mgreen

During are series races in Texas, this one guy was writing a review on the CD3 and he was not happy with it.
It wasn't the handling, it was the way it comes apart from hitting the walls or breaking from other situations. I know you should not hit anything but it happens.
The NTC3 is known for breaking real easy if you hit something, which is why you really learn how to drive and race it so it will not happen, but he said that the CD3 was even worse.
I've been racing the NTC3 for about 2 years now and I like it and I try not to hit anything. I would like to try the LD3, thats a NTC3 beefed up. The ultimate racer would be the MTX3. That thing is awesome. The Serpent is to expessive plus they only give one part at a time like the left part or the right part. Not the left and right like other companys would do.
Also, you should check you local hobby shop to see which car they carry the parts for so your not always waiting for stuff to come in via mail. With a NTC3, it almost guaranteed they will have the parts you need. All the others will eventually need to be ordered on-line which is not bad price wise.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:03 PM
hammadown

the ld3 is a very durable rtr...i have actually jammed it into a pile of rocks at 30MPH, i had to dig under it to get it out!!!!!!!!! on my walk to the car........200ft away....... i thought for sure the car would be a total loss, if not at least the front half to be crippled.after digging it out, i saw the wheels cocked to one side and the body was damaged (F150 stepside)thats what saved my car. it took all the impact and it acually collapsed enough just like a shock...... any way....the only thing that happened was i had to recenter the steering servo arm and bend the body mount posts straight again.. they folded over when the nose of the body jammed like a WEDGE into those rocks ....ITS A VERY TOUGH CAR....i have also done the middle of the corner spin/rollover/bounce off the aspault curbing,tango with my buddy's. the only failure i had was the upper rear links,which you can upgrade to the pro's for $8.00 and be DONE, nothing else...before i started the motor i sealed the backplate( i also added the elect start at this time) and the carb neck and sinch bolt and cleaned the needles and green slime the o-ring's. thats it..... and it never gave me a problem.it will almost stay right with a 4-tech for speed..... but the ld3 out handles it in the corners...all day.... you must look into the ld3 or cd3 more closely its a very good car.. the cd3 is new and untested.. i did read a very good review of it and it was well balanced even with the ofna force .12 i have one also its a pro.... and its new in the box.... i like the ld3 alot and ill find time for the cd3 next season.
$ for $ you CANNOT BEAT the package you get from OFNA 1/10th ld3 ....or...cd3

thanx .......hammadown
Old 11-27-2004, 04:36 PM
hammadown

oh..... by the way.....i leave my body post full length...... they look like endzone uprights but my car can also take a 30MPH stuffing.........something to keep in mind if your gonna run parking lots that have natural boundries (ROCKS) and with a bunch of guys that want the same lane or corner line ....... and you and the other car...cars... will be doing some dancing and twirling on your roofs. the body posts add lots of protection. when picking a car you should be looking at how you would have to service and repair it and the ld3 or cd3 are VERY easy to work on and remember you get GEAR DIFF'S with ofnas NOT ball diff's.......BIG,BIG DIFFERENCE go to ofnas web site and look at all the close-up pics for those 2 cars L...C...d3

thanx... hammadown
Old 11-27-2004, 05:03 PM
lax195

ORIGINAL: mgreen

During are series races in Texas, this one guy was writing a review on the CD3 and he was not happy with it.
It wasn't the handling, it was the way it comes apart from hitting the walls or breaking from other situations. I know you should not hit anything but it happens.
The NTC3 is known for breaking real easy if you hit something, which is why you really learn how to drive and race it so it will not happen, but he said that the CD3 was even worse.
I've been racing the NTC3 for about 2 years now and I like it and I try not to hit anything. I would like to try the LD3, thats a NTC3 beefed up. The ultimate racer would be the MTX3. That thing is awesome. The Serpent is to expessive plus they only give one part at a time like the left part or the right part. Not the left and right like other companys would do.
Also, you should check you local hobby shop to see which car they carry the parts for so your not always waiting for stuff to come in via mail. With a NTC3, it almost guaranteed they will have the parts you need. All the others will eventually need to be ordered on-line which is not bad price wise.
I have heard the same about the Ofna CD3... BUT the NTC3 is one of the toughest touring cars out there. I have seen people breaking a arms off of their cars and the NTC3 just cruising along. I will say that I have gone head on into many things (fences, brick walls, people, car tires, wood blocks.... and never broken anything.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:07 PM
hammadown

let my previous 2 posts stand as testament to the strength of the LD3..............

hammadown
Old 12-04-2004, 04:07 PM
**MilkMachine**

i have a LD3 and i think its a weak car. havnly drove it for more then 3 tanks at once without it breaking. infact just like 10 minuters ago i cracked the tank. I went through 3 servos, 2 foam bumpers, 2 rear a arm holders, wheels, headers, and body posts. its weak, but fast!
Old 12-04-2004, 06:17 PM
hammadown

HEY MILK......... NOT TO BE RUDE BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR A BAD DRIVER....IF YOUV READ MY PREVIOUS POST .........MY LD3 IS PROOF TO HOW STRONG AN LD3 IS. I NEED NOT SAY ANYMORE!!!!!!!

PS: PARKING LOTS ARE VERY TOUGH ON THESE CARS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2004, 06:20 PM
studysession

hammadown - 1st turn your caps lock off. everyones experience with a car is different. you have a good experience while someone elses car same make and model and all the same hop-ups may break everytime they drive it. So just because one person posts saying all the good things about a car does not mean everyone else will feel the same way.

And yes, I do agree - parking lots are tough on toruing cars.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:36 PM
hammadown

hey .........study session .. are you replying to my post....... to milkman.... because you put me on restrictive USE ???? i made a respectful reply to him!!!!!!! why are you giving me your opinion ?????please dont treat me like a child!!!!!!!! until i say something inapropriate or vulgur....you shouldnt have to chime in on my post!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx ...hammadown
Old 12-04-2004, 06:55 PM
hammadown

the ld3 is a great ,STRONG, TOUGH, RELIABLE car and im here to defend it !!!!!!!!!
iiiimy car is proof to that !!!!!!!!!! just read my previous posts........ i have nothing more to add

hammadown
Old 12-04-2004, 07:01 PM
studysession

Q8 RC - Can you post what your thought are on the TC3 Plus when you get it? That is the one that comes with the 2 spd and a few other hop-ups right? I used to have a Nitro TC3 and bought the 2 speed and bought the ali threaded shocks. Sold the car a year later. It was fast. I replaced both pinions and spurs on the tranny to give maximum acceleration in first and most top end in second. It was nice.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:42 PM
**MilkMachine**

My post was edited for bashing and abbreviating cuss words.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:44 PM
**MilkMachine**

holy hell, i cant beleive i typed that. im so out of line!! MAN!!!! sorry about that. lets claim peace!! PEACE!
Old 12-05-2004, 02:47 PM
studysession

Stop bashing or cussing or I am going to close this thread.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:50 PM
hammadown

the only thing going against the ld3 and the cd3 is that they are too new to the racing scene..they are slowly proving themselves to be competitive vehicles!!!!!!

hammadown

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.