Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

how much faster is it

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 03:26 PM
sik_tamiya
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much faster is it

im lokkin into geton a brishless motor system for my tamiya414m2... and what is it equivalent to a brushed motor like 6 turn or what cuz i have a 6turn tripple...would it smoke that and does it get a lot longer run times, and is it goood for racing....
Old 03-12-2005, 04:14 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

Default RE: how much faster is it

depends witch bl system u get!... and what motor u have now![X(]
Old 03-12-2005, 08:20 PM
odawg

there is no brushless system out that will smoke a 6t motor, or a 10t for that matter on a 6 cell pack, however, whats great about bl systems is there ability to go to 12+cells. i ran a novak and a hacker, witch is probably the best and the same 6 cell pack my 9t motor smoked it in the same car.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:35 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

what r u talkin about?... there's many bl motors that will take any 10 turn! and AXI or sumthing like that makes a bl motor thats equal 1 a 1 or 2 turn motor![X(]
Old 03-12-2005, 08:40 PM
sik_tamiya
Banned

well rite now i have the lrp/reedy bl motor and speedo combo... i love it and itll take a novak system any day!!! i raced an x-ray and i pulled on hiim wit out foams and he was runin foams, i pulled on him 3 car lenths down the staright he ahd a novak system....hahahaha, plus i hold the fastest lap time at my local trak wit it
Old 03-12-2005, 09:00 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

then y were u aking about a good bl system 4 ur car?... if u already have a lrp?[X(]
Old 03-12-2005, 09:02 PM
odawg

wered you get your lrp, i didnt know they were out yet, nobody has them in stock that iv seen.

seawot, even the fastest brushless motors have a kvrating of 6500, thats 46k rpm, thats no load of course, novak claims there 5800 is + to a 10t motor, but most any 10turn motor will smoke it on 6 or 7 cells. high end bl systems have kv ratings in the 4800-5500 range, but they can handle much higher voltage so there use in high speed runs. its not just a coincidence that pros dont race with brushless motors in sanctioned events. all things being equal on a 6 cell pack a low turn motor will spank a bl, when you get to the higher voltage its reversed.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:04 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

ok, kool, hey lets see a pic of this "LRP" bl system![X(]
Old 03-12-2005, 09:06 PM
sik_tamiya
Banned

hold up... hella people have them in stok u got to order them from a direct deeler of lrp
Old 03-12-2005, 09:10 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Sooo... If you realy have one (probably dont) then show me where you got it. Because I want one, and have wanted one since the rumors started about 1yr ago... So if you cant hook us up with a picture hook us up with a link.
-Wes
Old 03-12-2005, 09:11 PM
sik_tamiya
Banned

lol...plus i never sid it was mine its billy bowerman's hes the owner of speed world raceway im sponsered by him and he lets me run it in the brushless class...thas how i hold the record, instead of trying to prove people wrong u should check ur **** **** for u try theve been out for like 2 weeks now and there on back order...
Old 03-12-2005, 09:13 PM
odawg

kinda wierd, im on lrp's mailing list to get an email when they are available, iv got nuttin yet!!! if you do have one im kinda pissed.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:13 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

Hmmmm! thats a lil messed, lets see a pic of ur car with an LRP bl system in it!!!![X(][X(]
Old 03-12-2005, 09:15 PM
45mph pede
Banned

lol...plus i never sid it was mine its billy bowerman's hes the owner of speed world raceway im sponsered by him and he lets me run it in the brushless class...thas how i hold the record, instead of trying to prove people wrong u should check ur **** **** for u try theve been out for like 2 weeks now and there on back order...
Sounds like you should watch your mouth...

And if there on back order, why does the company that basicly owns them, says "not availible yet" Dont belive me? Heres the link:
-Neo one: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/D...&OverallCatID=
-Sphere: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/D...&OverallCatID=
Old 03-12-2005, 09:16 PM
sik_tamiya
Banned

www.speedworldraceway.com the owner is billy and ask him who holds the record for the fastest car on the trak and if he says jason johnson u mys well shut up cuz thas me.... if hes says other wise plz inform me.... the time should be 8.63 took on march 6... last weekedn at the club races... ask him what motor i was usen too.. e-mail him...[:@]
Old 03-12-2005, 09:16 PM
odawg

wow, i share a bond with your 414m2, but one thing is for sure when you get caught lying in here you lose all credability and no one will listen to a word you have to say, so i hope you can produce a pic!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:17 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\YEA!/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Old 03-12-2005, 09:21 PM
sik_tamiya
Banned

have u guys ever hered of billy bowerman the owner of sorex tires... how bout this ill take a pic march 19 of me standing next to him wit my car wit my lrp brushless motor, then u guys can sit there nad wak to it cuz yes they r out u just gotta know the rite peoople...hahaha and good luk trying to get one!!!! bye the way u guys should listen to every thing i have to say becuae u prolly have a set of my step dads tires ahahahaha lossers
Old 03-12-2005, 09:22 PM
45mph pede
Banned

I emailed um'
Old 03-12-2005, 09:23 PM
odawg

what i dont understand is you started the thread by saying your looking for a brushless system to match or beet your 6x3 witch in its own i cant see you racing that motor unless you run a high bank oval and reach speeds of 60+, but anyway, if you set your track recored with the lrp why would you be looking for somthing more, certainly your skills dont outweigh the ability of the lrp system, so you should be able to improve even more!!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:23 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

YEA MAN THAT GUYS "SOOOOOO" LOST! nah sorex tires!! PL is much better! i wanna see this pic![X(]
Old 03-12-2005, 09:24 PM
sik_tamiya
Banned

bout time ima laugh when u have to come back and say he wasnt lieing hahahahha
Old 03-12-2005, 09:25 PM
45mph pede
Banned

have u guys ever hered of billy bowerman the owner of sorex tires... how bout this ill take a pic march 19 of me standing next to him wit my car wit my lrp brushless motor, then u guys can sit there nad wak to it cuz yes they r out u just gotta know the rite peoople...hahaha and good luk trying to get one!!!! bye the way u guys should listen to every thing i have to say becuae u prolly have a set of my step dads tires ahahahaha lossers
I dont have your dads tires, and have never seen a person at my local tracks with them. I know alot of people, and have some contacts, but LRP letting YOU have a motor before anyone eles... Very doubtfull...
-Wes
Old 03-12-2005, 09:25 PM
odawg

ORIGINAL: jackington

if your dad owns sorex tires why do you have hpi tires on your 414m2???
Old 03-12-2005, 09:26 PM
45mph pede
Banned

ROTFL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.