Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Kamco Kloudrider plan

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 10:15 AM
simon123simon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kamco Kloudrider plan

Hi, please can anyone tell me if you know how to get hold of a Kamco Kloudrider plan. This is a 97" thermal / flat field glider. It is many years old now, but I remember building this and flying it as a young boy whilst at school. I am returning to the hobby after a considerable break and would like to start on familiar ground.

Thank you
Simon
www.thestarteam.tk

Old 03-23-2005, 12:49 AM
kwmtrubrit

Default RE: Kamco Kloudrider plan

Hey Simon,

I can't help you with your request, but I do have a question (or two). I'm from London and have lived in the U.S for 26yrs. When I came over hear I brought a Kamco Kadet (rudder/elevator) with me. Believe it or not, that plane is still in its box. I did get involved (finally) in RC about a year ago flying sailplanes. I do plan on building the Kadet in a couple of months. My question is, is the Kamco company still around? I did check a web site which indicated that the Kadet had a "MKII" come out that also had ailerons. I plan on removing the majority of the dihedral and adding ailerons but would like to take a look at the Kamco products. Also, is KeilKraft still around? I flew the heck out of the rubber powered Gypsy when in the U.K and wouldn't mind getting one again.
Sorry I can't help you,

Keith
Old 03-23-2005, 12:17 PM
simon123simon

Hello Keith,

firstly, thank you very much for replying to my post. I am able to answer your questions:

1/ The Kamco business is no more, however I did see on a model shop website "Kamco kits re-issue" displayed, so I am awaiting any info I can find on this.

2/ Keil Kraft have long gone but my local modelshop have some of the small glider / rubber power kits left. I learned so much with Keil Kraft models including control line. This is some 27 years ago now but loved every minute of it. Funny how I can remember in great detail about the models and the engine sounds. A friend of mine began aero modelling in 1942 and has for many years designed, drew plans and built / flew his own vintage models. Real areomodelling! now, RTF kits take the skill from building, what happens when a crash occurs?.

I will keep the forum informed of my Kamco findings, enjoy RC models.

Grow up but never grow old............
Old 03-23-2005, 06:51 PM
kingbee

ORIGINAL: simon123simon

what happens when a crash occurs?.
Why, do what any good consumer does- throw it away and buy another!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 07-03-2006, 09:27 AM
RFJ

Came across this old thread when looking for something else.

The Kamco Kloudrider is still available. I bought a kit last year from -

KAMCO UK
PO BOX 178
CHIPPENHAM
WILTSHIRE
SW14 0BL
ENGLAND

Worth a letter if you are still interested.