Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR to Futaba for Hitec Trainer Cord

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR to Futaba for Hitec Trainer Cord

Hi,

Has any one tried the Hangar 9 Jr to Futaba trainer cord for Hitec? Its at this link:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...?ProdID=HAN173

I notice the Futaba pinouts are the same as Hitec, and I understand it changes the stick assignments electrically, so I expect it will work, but just want to know if anyone can confirm.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller

Old 05-13-2005, 09:39 AM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: JR to Futaba for Hitec Trainer Cord

We use one at out club. It was been used with JR to Futaba and JR to Hitech with no problems.

Rich
Old 05-21-2006, 07:50 AM
conchy

Old 05-22-2006, 02:14 AM
olivier

Hi,

My horizon cable just arrived in Belgium. And I removed the schrinking hose to check where the power lead (positive) was taken from. Then I concluded everything was safe to use it with a Hitec. So I tested the cable with a Hitec Laser6 on one side, and a Graupner MC10 on the other side. And it worked just as announced.

To be very clear about this buddy-box adaptor lead, very clearly mentioned in the manual-leaflet of the device (but NOT in the add of Horizon-hobby) :
This cable can only be used with a Futaba as slave and a JR as master and will NOT work with a JR as slave and Futaba as master.
The add of Horizon Hobby mentiones also this cable will NOT work with a Futaba 9C. Why? I suppose just because the connector is a square connector and not a Din connector. This could be solved with a selfmade adaptor lead.
If this is not the reason but the reason is that this device cannot handle 9 channels of Futaba, then it would not work with the 9Z neither.

Anyway, of the 7 channels transmitted by the Hitec laser 6 as slave, only 5 are reaching the master transmitter. See image included below.

Olivier
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX : buddy box compatibility problems between
different brands of RC-transmitters.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

I find this interesting, I use the cable with both Futaba and Hitec as slaves, but remove the frequency modules on the slaves, that is to be sure they do not transmit. Using the JR always as a master is no problem for me, since I think the student wants to use their own transmitter anyways, since I fly Mode 1 and they will be flying Mode 2. I fly a JR 9303 Mode 1 as my master and an Optic 6 Mode 1 as my back up radio. The Optic 6 gives me a lot of flexibility since it can be programmed for Mode 1 or 2, and also programmed for positive or negative shift if needed - so it works with almost all standard FM receivers.

I previously understood the cable only handles 4 channels properly, does it handle 6 OK when using a JR as master and Hitec as slave?

It should also be stated the cable also has two JR ends, and can to used to buddy box 2 JR's (as a master and slave) as a standard JR cable will.

Thanks for the information.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Old 05-22-2006, 01:57 PM
olivier

Hi,

I previously understood the cable only handles 4 channels properly, does it handle 6 OK when using a JR as master and Hitec as slave?
Only the 5 first channels are handled according to my measurements with a scope. I guess the fifth channel of the Hitec is just passed to the JR as fifth channel (no change here).

Olivier
Old 05-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the information.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Old 07-30-2007, 01:04 PM
olivier

Hi again,

Just to correct what I said before :

The 9c and other Futaba transmitters with a square buddy-connector can indeed be used as slave with this trainerlink, but then you'll need to buy this adaptor lead at the same store :
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...?ProdId=HAN174

Olivier