Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Midwest Super Hots

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Midwest Super Hots

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 09:13 PM
superbird
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest Super Hots

Just wondering if anyone out there has or knows where I might be able to locate a old midwest Super Hots? I know Midwest no longer makes them, I am hoping maybe sombody might have one unbuilt laying around in their garage or even a built and in decent shape Super Hots,or possibly a 40 size. But prefer the 60 size.Thanks
Old 06-01-2005, 09:44 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Super Hots

The many versions of Hots plans are available from RC Modeler plans service.

EDT:
I guess I made a mistake? must be M.A.N. instead of RCM. I know if you looking at plans, you're will come across the variations of the Hots.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 06-01-2005, 10:50 PM
huggins

They show up frequently on eBay. However, I just checked and there are none at the moments.

Mike
Old 06-02-2005, 12:55 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Super HOts plans can be obtained from Model Airplane News Plans Service.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Andrew Kashmark
My Feedback: (1)

I have plans for the 60 size hots. I am also working on a 86 inch hots. I can cut templates for ether of them for a fair price.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:46 PM
superbird

Thanks Andrew, but I am really looking for a kit in the box or one thats already built. Im not sure if Im ready to make one from scratch. If I cant find one I may have to take you up on your offer. Thanks: Mike
Old 06-07-2005, 03:44 AM
Dream_Flyer
My Feedback: (7)

Just a thought on this. I like the Super Hots a bunch and have had and flown both the Midwest kit one and the scratch built one from the Original plans by Dan Santich and the scratch built one is much lighter and flys better than the Midwest by a long shot. To scratch build the plane is not that hard really since it does have a constant cord wing and a slab sided fuse except for the full length turtle deck. By scratch building one you will loose about 2 pounds from the Midwest Kit to a scratch build. My Super Hots with a Saito .91 is a little less than 6 pounds all up weight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59190.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	281535  
Old 06-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

I built the original Midwest Hots 40 sized about 18 yrs ago. Great plane, far more capable than I was at the time. RIP. I currently have the plans for the Ultimate Hots that, if I ever get around to it, should be a great match for my US41.

I am curious regarding the 60 sized. If I remember right mine was one piece - non-detachable wing. Hopefully the 60 sized dissassembles.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:17 AM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Sport Flyer, What are the wing span, finished weight, recommended engine sizes for the ultimate Hots? I may have one spotted that I can purchase but I was intending to put a small gasser on it.
thanks
Fred
Old 06-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

Its actually the "ULTRA" Hots -- I screwed up. Recently finished up my Goldberg Ultimate and I guess I've got it on the brain right now.

The Ultra Hots has a 81" wingspan and should come out between 11 and 14 pounds. There are or have been kits and short kits made of it. Abellrc.com currently has a short kit of it available for $140 US plus a glass cowl for another $35. They also have main and tail gear for it but I don't see a price for those.

Here's a quote from the IMAA website:

"The Ultra Hots will fly well on many, many engines including the: St 2000 A 3000, Webra Bully, Saito 2.70 A 300, Enya 2.40, OS 2.40 & 3.00, Q-35 & 40, OPS Maxi, G 23 A G 38, Sachs 2.S A 3.2, etc. Just about anything you care to hang on the front will fly this model and fly it well."
Old 06-12-2005, 03:11 PM
superbird

Hey Andrew, Im having no luck in finding a hots kit. I think I may have to go
to the scratch built idea. how much for the plans and templates that you have?

mike
Old 09-23-2007, 01:20 PM
sackie

Hi Mike,

Just saw a Midwest Super Hots on E-bay. I was looking for info about this kit and came across your request.

I do hope this reaches you in time. The auction is ending in just over 4 hours.

Andrew
Old 09-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I picked up this little hots Midwest kit at auction for $10.00. No one there wanted any of the kits there. Picked up A nice Royal F-4U Giant for the same price. That was A good day for kits!!!
It is A heavy plane compared to the scratch built one but this one the wing comes off so it's easy to transport. I have the YS 1.10 in mine, just A bit over powered but I think that's just about right.
I like this little one so much I have the Big Hots started for next spring. It's the 91 inch plane and should be as much fun.
I have seen A few of these come up on EBAY but it's such an easy plane to build from plans why spend all that money. There really isn't much work or deep thnking in this one. It was designed to be built fast and easy for fun flys. Read designed to die!! This is Dans best design ever and it comes in so many different sizes and types. Look it up on MANs site.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35616.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	768545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61462.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	768546  
Old 09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
superbird

I thought this thread was dead. I still have not located one of these hots, I have not really been looking very hard either. Gray Beard I have to say that is one of the best looking hots I have seen, very cool! Sakie I missed the e-bay hots thats a bummer.
I will still be on the hunt for one even though I dont have the time to build in right now but I plan to some day soon, I also have a older great planes cap 21 .40 size. I built one and I loved it then one day crunch in the dirt, so I found another and plan to buid it soon. Anyway thanks for the info, if anyone has or knows where I can obtain the hots please reply to this thread. Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 AM
yojoelay

Here is an alternative.

Lazer Works in Texas lists several M.A.N. short kits (and others), which they describe as 'A parts package includes the formers, ribs, and anything on the plans that would have to be cut to a certain shape.' so you still need plans, hardware and everyting else. Their Fun Fly Hots is only $ 22.09 - more than your Ebay mate paid but I'd bet you'd get nicer parts than Midwest ever produced for their kits. I'm not sure if this is the same plane you're looking for, but if it isn't call them anyways - they'll likely be able to bang something up.

http://lazer-works.com/man.html

Please note, I've never done business with these guys before, their name was listed in a posting that had links to kit manufacturers.

Let me know how you go.

Joel
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 AM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

I got a NIB Super Hotts 60 kit. PM me an offer. Walt
Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've recently been told that Dan Santich son is taking over the business. He may be able to help you. Try google and looking up Santich and see if you can find it. Just a thought.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:03 AM
outdoorhunting

I'm interested in your Midwest Superhots. Is everything there? Is it the full kit? What do you think is a fair price? It's your plane, put a price on it. Can you post a picture? I am not very far away from you. I could meet you & save the aggrivation of shipping. I'm in central In. E-mail me if you want to talk.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:00 PM
imapepperdave

i can get you one that is mostly built,,how much do you want to pay?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:22 AM
oojamison
My Feedback: (1)

http://dansantichmodels.net/default.htm
Old 01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Midwest-Super-Ho...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-07-2009, 10:14 AM
m simmons
My Feedback: (6)

Is kit still available?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Gray Beard

No, hasn't been in years but they show up on ebay and at club auctions every once in a while. The plans built Hots is really a much better flying plane then the MW kit, it's just a one piece plane and sometimes hard to transport. Look in the plans at Model Airplane News, they have them in every size you could want.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:43 PM
outdoorhunting

Hey, m simmons. I built a 60 size Super Hots this last summer & fall. It was a lot easier than what I thought it would be. Like Greybeard said, it's a "one piece" plane on the plans. However, while I was building it, I went ahead & made the wing detatchable. It was really no big deal. You just have to get the wing incidence correct. The plans didn't show the incidence, but I figured the kind of plane & the type of flying I want it to do, zero incidence should be right. I've not flown it yet as I finished it just before Thanksgiving & we come to Florida for the winters. I'll be going "back north" the middle of next month & I'll find out as soon as I can how it flies. I got the plans from Dan Santitch.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Gray Beard

Mid West got the plans from Dan too!! They made a few changes and the wing on the MW comes off too for transport. One of the reasons the plans built plane flys so much better is the weight of the plane. The MW kit comes out a lot heavier then the plans built plane. When I take mine out everyone knows what it is, most everyone at least, but I have the only one I have seen in years flying?? Such a great design but it takes effort to have one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.