Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help for Sanwa/Airtronics RD8000

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 02:43 PM
hmenne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help for Sanwa/Airtronics RD8000

I have a RD8000 it is the model which have the throttle in the right stick mode 1. And i need it turned in to a mode 2 with the throttle in the left stick. I have done it mechanical but i need it done in the Computer on the RD8000. So i wonder is there some one out there who knows how to do it. I have read about some who has RD6000 the pot it in to service mode. But when i try it that way nothing happens. So please help !

Sorry if my English isn't perfect i normally speak danish [&:]

Henrik
Old 09-18-2005, 11:25 AM
brushless-heli

Default RE: Help for Sanwa/Airtronics RD8000

I also need help in converting the RD8000 from mode 1 to mode 2. How should to wiring be re-arranged?

ORIGINAL: hmenne

I have a RD8000 it is the model which have the throttle in the right stick mode 1. And i need it turned in to a mode 2 with the throttle in the left stick. I have done it mechanical but i need it done in the Computer on the RD8000. So i wonder is there some one out there who knows how to do it. I have read about some who has RD6000 the pot it in to service mode. But when i try it that way nothing happens. So please help !

Sorry if my English isn't perfect i normally speak danish [&:]

Henrik
Old 10-10-2005, 02:58 AM
croninkyle124

I have only tried it as far as the programming of the transmitter and it works, havnt actually changed the ratchet over yet

For information How to change the mode on Sanwas radios.
Thanks to David from Glasgow for this information.

Sanwa Mode 1 to 2 change via service mode
1. Switch the radio off.
2. Shift the left switch forward.
3. Hold down F.Mode and End.
4. Switch the radio on.
5. Flip back the left switch.
6. Scroll down to MOD.
7. Select mode 2.
8. Press End.
9. Switch the radio off.
10. Switch the radio back on.
1. unscrew aerial
2. remove all screws from the back
3. carefully lift the back off BE VERY CAREFUL AS THE TRAINER SOCKET WIRES
ARE SHORT AND SNAP EASILY
4. remove the spring / tensioner and seesaw assy from the elevator stick
5. remove the throttle ratchet asembly and stick travel limiters
6. refit to opposite sticks without the limiters

Re asemble the tx

1. With the radio off.
2. Shift all switches forwards / down .
3. Hold down F.Mode and End.
4. Switch the radio on.
5. Wait for a beep
6. Flip back the top left switch.
7. Release F.Mode and End.
8. Scroll down to MOD.
9. Select mode 2.
10. Press End.
11. Switch the radio off.
12. Switch the radio back on

-----------------------------------------
Other functions of SVC menus
Init-->YES (press yes button)
CH---->yes button selects 6 or 8
NEU--->sets neutral stick positions
TRV--->sets stick calibration
A/D--->VR1....VR6 stick pot values
MODE-->mode 1 or 2(stick orientations)
LCD--->All led's lit, some, some, none
SW---->press 'yes' to see switch positions
B*AL-->use +- to set batt voltage alarm
PULSE->Nor, LO, HI
V*Cal->'+' set voltage to 10.0 volts
All-CR>All clear
-------------------------------------------------
Old 10-11-2005, 04:42 AM
croninkyle124

Finished, you dont actually have to solder any wires or disconnect any plugs. Assuming you have had no problems with the programing part, the mechanics are not hard, this is because both the left and right stick are completely identical and just have different devices mounted.
There are three thing you will have to swap over from one stick to the other:
1) The ratchet setup from the right hand stick. Looks like a thin steel bar with a plate running underneath it, put into the the left stick in exactly the same way it was on the right stick, the right stick will now be loose in the vertical axis
2) To fix this, remove The spring and rocker from the left stick, put into the right stick in the same setup.
3) Last take the two vertical axis travel limit plates from the right and put them in the same place in the left, the look like two blue plastic plates screwed above and below the stick.
Now just check your mode again using MODE in the SVC menu and calibrate the sticks using TRV in the SVC menu and your ready to go.
Once you open up the transmitter and start pulling out screws, srpings, ect, you can pretty much figure it out for yourself, just dont forget where everything came from incase you screw it up and have to put it back together.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
varagen1

I have just bought and am in the process of fitting it to my raptor 90se when i plugged in the servos they did not operate the controls that they should ie ch1 operated the collective ch2 was okay ch3operated the elavator ch6 operated thr throttle i got everything to work by moving them around does anybody know how to make things operate as they should.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:46 AM
workshop

Hi, I have bought a Sanwa RD 6000 and would like to change the mode from m2 to m1 i know you have got the format for doing this but i don't quite understand what you mean when you say push back the left switch. To which left switch are you referring. Cheers Rob
Old 11-04-2006, 08:35 PM
russzero

hi all .. my BIG problem. im just about to give up with sanwa & go JR. if anyone can help i may change my mind. currently using a ageing infinity660. ive been a big sanwa fan.
ive just purchased a s/h rd8000 in fair cond & sent it to be checked over & a mode change. i thought i would be able to do this myself. i deliberably bought a tx in MODE2 .. its opposite from my mode .. & i thought i could just change the wires over. then i thought they may not be a direct swap & i could wreck the processor .. so sending it to ripmax uk is a better bet. now ive been told the mode change is not so simple. this is not my complaint to the service agent .. i know he does a good job .. ive used him for years .. but it doesnt fill me with enthusiasm.
sanwa have really messed up. i was told JR & Futaba can be mode changed.
any ideas??? pehaps i should take up control line ... huh .. so much for the "All singing dancing computerised crap" it failed. london uk
Old 11-05-2006, 02:05 PM
hmenne

Hello here are the metode to do the mode change ! and it works. i have it directly from Sanwa in Japan. But it is on your own risk anyway.

Procedure how to change the Mode 1 to Mode 2.
Your RD8000 radio is able to change from the mode 1 to mode 2 what you desire.

In order to change the mode, You must turn your radio into service mode so called "SVC MODE"

PLEASE NOTE IN ADVANCE THAT IF YOU WOULD TRY TO SET OTHER MENU OR SETTING THIS MAY UP SET THE WHOLE SETTING OF THE RADIO, AND MIGHT CAUSE THE TROUBLE ON SETTING.

DO NOT TRY TO ATTEMPT TO CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTING. You will see fatal error on the screen telling you that you are on trouble. Please only set with following procedure.

Please set your radio as SVC mode as following procedure.

1. SET the left shoulder 3position toggle switch in the middle.

2. right shoulder toggle switch turn towards you.

3. both right and left of the two way switch beside the screen , all must be turn as "O"
(at bottom side)
4. Press both F-MODE key and END key simultaneously, thence turn on the main power.

5. Screen should not show any indication, turn the left toggle switch towards you.

6. Screen now shows "SVC"

7. down scroll the mode by pressing arrow bottom.

8. Press the key six (6)times, you will scroll down from SVC,INIT,CH,NEU,TRV,A/D & come to MODE.

9. Now you should be in the "MODE" to change from MODE 1 to MODE 2 by Pressing key to the arrow right. Screen should be displayed with "1! Press Inc(+) key then indication now should be as "2"

10. Press end, Now you should be back in the MODE and completion of the change. Simply turn off the main power. You are now set as MODE 2!

Yours Henrik
Old 11-05-2006, 05:17 PM
russzero

ooop sorry Henrik .. my explanation was NOT very clear. let me see .. my mode is the dead opposite of mode 2. this makes the tx : single Left stick elevator/aileron ... Right stick rudder/throttle.
maybee ive messed up a bit here.[X(] your info is very handy netherless. if i change it to Mode1 .. then my rudder will be where my aileron should be!!! this would be ok for most aero .. but wouldnt work for delta mode. ( im a delta maniac!!) hi hi.
ive had further discussion with the tech dept .. but my mode is still a dead end. i wish i could re learn it in a normal "off the shelf" mode .. but ive flown like this for the last 30years!!!
ive been told to sit tight for a little while longer & they are still looking into it. i cant say any more. the new generation of tx dont have assignable switches like the old infinity 660. its all down to that menu.

i will keep u posted. if i get it sorted. im sure this would open up more possibilities for others that fly like me .. reverse Mode2 .. or reverse Mode1 pilots.

thanks again for your time in all the info relayed to me. much appriciated.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:53 PM
tewitt1949

I have a question for mode 1 fliers. When you fly 3 channel (elev, rudder, throttle) do you have the radio set up so your elev is on the left stick and rudder and throttle on your right stick? Or do you always keep your rudder on the left stick? I've flown mode 1 for 25 years and I've toggled the rudder between the left and right stick depending if I use ailerons or not. Ailerons are alway on the right stick with the throttle.
Is this the way other mode 1 flyers do it or am I wrong for toggleing the rudder between sticks? Terry
Old 11-19-2007, 06:03 AM
olivier

Hi,

In mode 1 the main function for turning is on the right stick. If your plane has ailerons, ailerons will be assigned to this right stick. If your model has only a rudder and no ailerons, the main turning function will be of course the rudder and so rudder will be asigned to the right stick.

Olivier
Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 AM
russzero

well i couldnt get it changed to my mode .. which was a shame .. but then sanwa spares are not so readily available here .. in fact non-exsistant. i decided to go down the JR route & now using a X2610. it can be put in any of the 4-modes via the menu .. so ive now been flying for one year using JR. i guess thats life. very pleased with the new gear .. especially the auto tune RX. servos / spares are plentifull.

i believe ripmax took over irvine .. or was it the other way round .. ( sanwa = irvine .. futaba = ripmax )..
anyhow the service dept now services Futaba now .. so i guess sanwa will get the shove. [&o]

thanks for all your comments.
russ
Old 05-09-2009, 01:57 PM
mitko79

Doesn't matter whether your radio is JR, Futaba or Sanwa, if it is bought from Asia the stick mode menu is locked. For Europe it is unlocked, suppose that for USA too.
I have had 2 RD8000, 2 JR 9XII and now I have a RDS8000. JR is a classy radio. According to me - the best. Don't be fooled by silly posts that Sanwa RD8000 is better than Futaba 9C, but it is cheaper because it is reasonably priced. It is cheaper because the quality is lower. There is nothing in common between RD8000 and JR 2610, 2720, 9X, Futaba 7C, 9C, FF10.
Both JR and Futaba (excluding the cheap Futabas - 6EX, 4EX, Skysport - poor quality) are much better radios, but unfortunately much more expensive.
As soon as I have more vacant funds I will buy JR again.
The RDS8000 is good for it's price. That's all. If you can add 60$ more don't hesitate - go for the JR DSX7. You won't regret!
Thank you very, very much for the SVC menu instructions!!!
Wish you all the best!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Tiffie

I read this thread and shuddered! It is basically telling you to half complete a mode change. The reason why the SVC mode is not user accessible is exactly because of this. It needs expert knowledge to do it properly. Those extra options will be too much to resist playing with as well and the whole set is screwed up.

The mechanical change requires the stop plates transferring and then the neutrals and travels setting up in the correct order. Get one bit wrong and it will need re-initialising! If you don't do it the stick calibration is all wrong, especially the throttle and elevator.

A little knowledge can be far more expensive that getting an expert to do it!

The RD series should be compared against the Futaba 6EX derivatives etc, and in that light is very well specified. It's biggest advantage over all other makes is the logical and simple programming. The manual really is pretty redundant and you can't say that about some Futaba, JR and Spektrum sets! The software is written with the user in mind not the programmer! That spreadsheet format is genius!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:47 PM
rockinmarine

Ok. I need some help here. I just built a F-16 that has only 3 channel use. Basically it has throttle and Elevons. The throttle works just fine. But where my problem is, when I active Delta mode for Elevons. Right and Left are reversed. Up and Down are perfect. Now when I activate REV it changes pitch and roll functions. I am only looking to switch the Left are Right Roll.Is there are way to do this easily ? When I opened the back to see if I could just flip the POTaround, it looked like I would have to tear everything apartand rebuild it. Can anyone tell me how to just swapthe Left/Right Roll on the right hand stick.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:39 AM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

If I am understanding what you are trying to say, when you give it right aileron (in your case elevon) the right side goes down, and the left side goes up, is this right?  if that is the case, it sounds like you just need to switch the servo leads in the rx.  I.E. If you have the right elevon servo in channel 1 slot, and left elevon servo in channel 2 slot, then just reverse them, put the right servo into ch2, and the left servo in ch1.  this should give you the roll you are looking for, and still have elevator portion correct.

Let me know if this helps..

Craig.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:15 PM
johnkim100530

I moved top left and right switches forward.
While pressing both F Mode and End buttons, turned TX on.
Thenormal screen disappeared but SVC menue did not appear. Window remained blank. All control buttons were dead.
TX returned to normal function when F Mode and End buttons were press and TX was turned on.

What is wrong?

Old 01-29-2011, 02:45 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had several F16's. Some with Ailerons and Full Flying Stabs, and others with no Ailerons and just Tailerons.

Elevons are used on a Delta type aircraft where the Ailerons are also the Elevators.

I do not believe this would work on an F16.

Tailerons are Full Flying Stabs that move in the same direction when acting as Elevators and move in opposite directions, like Ailerons. I would not think that Delta would be the appropriate program for that.

I am not familiar with Airtronics radios. Futaba had a program called Ailevator that was used to mix servos on separate Elevator Halves and also allowed the Elevator Halves to move in opposite directions, like Ailerons. This program worked well, in my 9CAP, for Tailerons.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:08 PM
tewitt1949

be very cautious about trying to reprogram it from mode to mode. I tryed it, maybe I did something wrong, I don't know, but now my radio is brain dead. Won't do anything.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:34 AM
Jim Schwagle
My Feedback: (1)

You might send it to Radio South www.radiosouthrc.com . With Airtronics repair in a little disarray right now it's an option. I've had good service from them for my Futabas. At least you can see if the repair is worth it considering the value of the radio.