Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP OV-10 Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Fast Freddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP OV-10 Bronco

I'm looking for some feedback on the KMP OV-10. Anyone out there build and flown one? What's the build like? How does it fly? Before I plunk down $650 I'd like to know what I'm getting into. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-07-2005, 06:47 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: KMP OV-10 Bronco

[b]Freddy:

A thread already exists on it [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1606784/tm.htm]here[/link]. It is up to 219 posts, the last time I looked.

Bill.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:55 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Bill....
I believe the Bronco in question is actually the larger 96" version ... www.kmp.ca it is larger... http://www.kmp.ca/bronco.htm
They just released the instructions and are now ready to ship them....
http://www.kmp.ca/rcpics/bronco.htm Looks nice..I bet it will fly great on 4 Strokes around 1.00 to 1.20 or dual YS 110's
Old 09-07-2005, 07:15 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

[b]nemesis4u:

I guess the price told you it was a new one. Thanks for the update.

Bill.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:07 PM
nemesis4u

BILL....
I just read his post where it said "I'm looking for some feedback on the KMP OV-10. Anyone out there build and flown one?"
Haw Haw
Tomas[8D][8D] got cha! heheheehe
Old 09-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Low Show
My Feedback: (10)

Hey Guys, I received mine a couple of weeks ago, my first impressions are that KMP did their home work, it all comes in two BIG boxes and is well packed. The first run of 40 are not set up for retracts but with a little work they can easily be retro fitted. I've narrowed it down to 3 engine ST S90, Evo 1.00, or Saito 1.00. I had the opportunity to speak with Eric from Robart at the Danville Gaithering of the Giants and he said that they had a prototype set of gear done but are so busy that it would be a while before they would be ready, SO ALL OF YOU THAT GOT ONE OF THE FIRST 40 AIRFRAMES AND THAT SEE THIS POST LET ROBART KNOW THAT WE NEED THEM TO GET MOVING ON THE GEAR ASAP. If you want one of these Ponies you need to get on the list for the next shipment, at last count there were already 20+ names on the list. I'll try to get a few pictures posted. I also ordered the " A " nose from Stan's it is just a little bit larger than the airframe but will work with a little modifaction, and one last thing I am going to list my American Eagle OV-10 in the For Sale section, AE Fiberglass parts, Rich's plans and the wood needed to complete all for $425.00 plus shipping, so if you know someone looking for an 81in. Bronco here ya go. Thanks...Don
Old 09-09-2005, 12:13 PM
nemesis4u

Lowshow,
That is great to hear.. Can you post lots of pictures on the KMP OV-10 ? I am interested in it... Perhaps we can get Lenny Sarbin at SHINDIN retracts to get us some sets as soon as he finshes the ones for the Hobby Hangar OV-10..
Thanks
Tomas
Old 09-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Low Show

That will work Too, I've been following this thread and like what you and he have come up with, I'll go ahead and send Him the numbers on the larger legs. I get the pics posted ASAP. Thanks...Don
Old 01-25-2006, 12:46 PM
alsp51

i have the kmp ov-10 bronco 32lb and fly on 2 g26 can call me on this one at 1 317 352 8197[right][/righ
Old 01-26-2006, 11:25 AM
alsp51

hi i have kmp ov 10 bronco -------- 32lb and it flying on 2 G26 if you have time call me at 317 352 8197
Old 01-26-2006, 12:36 PM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alsp51:
Do you have pics of yours - interested in the engine install. I have a kit not started yet and want to use gas . I have looked First Place 1.3 and the Fuji 32 since they looked like they may have more cowl clearance. What are flying habits etc. Info appreciated.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:13 PM
blubberse

I´m building a KMP Bronco, the building process is at the stage off electric and engines installation. I have a set of Eurokit retract incomming within 2-3 weeks. More to gear installation when I recive my retracts...

So for the moment a couple of pictures, will add more when building has come further.

Sorry for the mix up of pictures... but dont have the time to arrange them a the moment due to that I´m currently building 4 aircrafts...

Planned gear:
2 x Saito 100
Eurokit Air Proffesional Line retracts with homebuilt struts, I have acces to mechanical workshop
Eurokit Brakes and wheels, yes I will equip with brakes!
Hitech 645 for elevator, rudder
Futaba 3003 for flaps and ailerons
Multiplex 9 IPS synth reciver
and all the things I´ve forgot

//DrHanke
Old 01-27-2006, 04:41 PM
richblin

Hi-
We have an operational OV-10 Bronco from ESM (KMP in USA), but only had time for 4-5 flights last fall before snow came and we parked it for the winter. Anyhow, if flies very well on two OS 91FS with APC 13x8 props. More than enough power even for nice big loops and rolls, and anything much bigger will really stick out of the cowlings. The engines are mounted inverted. I'll get some pix later on.
Our Bronco does not have retracts (yet), but the u/c was beefed up somewhat and equipped with Robart oleo struts. The nosegear comes from an F-15 jet. We also put in scale navlights and a powerful nose landing light, along with Century 1:5 jet pilots and other scale detail. Planning on a centre droptank and a couple of missiles (also from an F-15) to finish it off nicely.
The Bronco actually flies much like a giant trainer and needs only a very short take off and landing roll, even without flaps deployed. Trimwise, with the long tailbooms it needs some noseweight, so we put two 6v 2400mah nicds right up in the nose to balance it. It's a big aeroplane which attracts attention for sure!
Best regards
Richard B.
Oslo
Old 01-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Low Show

Hi Guys just checking in here I just finished a move into a new house backed up by major surgery on my ankle so my start has been delayed but it looks like within the next couple of weeks I'll start banging on mine. I'm putting Thunder Tiger Pro 120s in it for power, I also picked up a set of Retracts from Centruy Jet that I'll be reworking the mounts in the fuse and booms to get them closer to the scale location. I have done one thing on the canopy that REALLY Helps the scale look, so anyone that has yet to cut their canopy out wait and I'll post a how to with pictures, such a small thing that makes such a huge difference. I also ordered the A Nose from Stans FiberTech and will be working that onto the nose. I'll post pics of progress, Good Luck to All ....Don
Old 01-28-2006, 02:31 AM
AKondor

HI:
For anyone interested in customizing their OV-10 we now have the short nose pieces in sock to do the conversion. They are unpainted.
Cheers,
KMP
Old 01-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Low Show

Hey Andrew, do you have any pictures of the A nose and what it will cost those interested in making the conversion....Don
Old 02-10-2006, 12:03 PM
nemesis4u

Just got off the phone with KMP and they said the OV-10 Bronco "SHORT NOSE D" Nosecone is $39.95 + 12.00 s/h they did not produce many of them...THey are available now...
I believe that the way the ARF comes as the LONGNOSE version is MUCH Better for obtaining your CG as you will achieve CG with less weight since you can place the weight so much further forward than with the shortnose conversion
However If you want to order the shortnose conversion then call 1-888-968-7251 is KMP's phone # to order!
PLease post more pics of your KMP OV-10!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:08 PM
nemesis4u

And as a side note SHINDIN RETRACTS is going to develop GEAR for this LARGER 96" KMP OV-10 Bronco !! They will be SPORT SCALE and will also be a less expensive alternative to the CJM gear! and will be made without pop rivets in the strut scissors...
Just a heads up!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:15 PM
alsp51

go to www.indyrcmodelers.org you will see me there and the bronco.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:29 PM
alsp51

you well see me low flying my p51 at www.indyrcmodelers.org this is the way to fly a p51 at 137.4 mph.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:58 PM
nemesis4u

alsp51,
just got my KMP OV-10 BRONCO ... CAN YOU or anyone POST ANY PICS OF THE RETRACT installation , ENGINE INSTALLATIONS AND DETAILS on flying it?? ANY ONE ELSE HAVE EXPERIENCES OR INPUT ON THE INSTALL OR FLYING EXPERIENCES? SORRY my caps were on but I just noticed...didnt mean to shout But really... we need to get some more info on here...
I received an OV-10 in primer...UNPAINTEd!! I am eager to choose a nice paint scheme and also get some SHINDIN RETRACTS on her!! Lenny will be working on some for this OV-10 soon!!
I look forward to seeing posts soon... c'mon gang...show US your KMP Bronco's
Old 02-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Low Show

I'll try to get some pics uploaded on Monday, I've got everything worked out for the retract mounts, I'm moving both the mains and the nose forward a bit so I had to start by taking out all of the formers in the cockpit area and in the wing saddle on the Booms, I've made templates for all of the replacement doublers and mounts if anyone wants to go thru the mods that I'm doing on mine. I am also going to add 2 half formers in the cockpit to get the bulge working on the canopy sides and will also be part of the cockpit detail. Since I'm putting an A Nose on my Pony I went ahead and stripped off the covering on the Pod and the Booms so I'll be Refinishing those 3 parts with 1/2 oz. Glass cloth before repainting in USAF or Marine Corps SEA Scheme from the Viet Nam Era. Just a side note here, while destructing the Ctr. Pod and Booms for my personal mods I found that this thing is a well built ARF, they say that you never know what you get under a Pre-Covered ARF, well from what I have seen good glue joints, well thought out construction, and a really good sanded finish under that covering. Just my 2 cents. Thanks...Don
Old 02-19-2006, 10:58 PM
nemesis4u

LOW_SHOW...
I AM VERY INTERESTED IN your MODS...all of them... I am tempted to remove the covering as well and I am going to USE SPRING AIR Series 400 Units for Retracts with SHINDIN RETRACTS..LENNY IS going to work on them in a few weeks..He just injured his hand at work and is unable to use it....got many stitches!!! yikes.,..
ANYHOW...I need to get with you on the templates and photos... what are you going to use in terms of engine power??
I was thinking about some small gassers...check these out!!!!!!!
http://www.scottellingson.com/brillelli_002.htm
http://www.scottellingson.com/brillelli_009.htm
http://bcmaengines.com/
FOR the price and performance they seem like good choices?!!?!!
I like that I got an unpainted OV-10... I want to do either a DESERT STORM FLIR equipped OV-10 or a 3 tone Green, Grey, and Black CAMO version with FLIR...
http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/ov-10-nog.jpg
http://www.nawcwpns.navy.mil/clmf/nog.html
Old 02-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Low Show

I'll make sure that the info gets posted...Don
Old 02-22-2006, 03:13 PM
alsp51

i can mail you pictures of the bronco but i need to know where to mail them too. i have twenty-seven flights on the plane and five tropheys from flying it so if you want to see the plane i cannot send them on the internet so please reply on where to send the pictures.
from
al coleman
grasscutter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.