Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

:) :) Grumman F7F Tigercat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

:) :) Grumman F7F Tigercat

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 06:06 PM
av8r4aa
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :) :) Grumman F7F Tigercat

I just finished test flying my G and P sales F7F Tigercat. I used 2 os 46 FX engines and high end JR servos. along with 12/24 lb. pound rated Robart retracts. I must say that I thought the kit was about a 6 on the quality scale that the plane is on a 10 scale for flight . This rocket is the best plane I have ever flown. It is very fast, handles like a BMW and looks like a barbie doll going past. Long sleek lines with 2 big lets say engine nacelles. This plane is a keeper for me. If there are any modelers wanting this kit go ahead get it your thumbs will thank you later.
Greg
Old 11-07-2002, 08:53 PM
BruceW

Default They do fly.....really?

Greg, Their aren't too many Tigercat fliers around...sounds like you've got one sweet looking/flying 'cat. How would you rate the GP kit? I have the video of Bill 'glassing the wings. Also, the sheet of plans that came with the early kits.
Having built everything but a twin. My sweet wife gave me a JR Customs F7F kit for Xmas. Back when they first advertised in MAN-1998. It looked beautiful in the ad. Unfortunately, it wasn't much of a kit. Fiberglass fuse, nacelles, and foam wing cores. No plans and six pages of type written "instructions". I'm using that term loosely. I bought a set of Palmer plans which saved what little hair I had'nt pulled out. Finally, two years and then some, my "little project" is finished. Or so I thought.....
To spare you the details. It still graces the ceiling of my shop. As for flight status: HANGER QUEEN. I'm still chasing fuel feed bugs. Some day maybe. It's gotta' fly. BruceW
Old 11-08-2002, 12:37 AM
mselby
My Feedback: (1)

Default :) :) Grumman F7F Tigercat

If you like Tigercats, here is my F7F2D (drone scheme) built from a layup by 3W, uses a pair of 3W48 twins.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	34364_1114.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	20601