Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
THE WORST HELI IN THE UNIVERSE
7.72%
VERY VERY VERY BAD
4.56%
DOING MY HEAD IN
7.02%
ACCEPTABLE
12.98%
OK
9.82%
OK
5.26%
GOOD COULD BE BETTER
22.81%
GREAT HELI
18.60%
ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THIS HELI
8.77%
THE BEST HELI IN THE UNIVERSE
2.46%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

** WALKERA DRAGONFLY 36 *

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 05:48 AM
borisboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ** WALKERA DRAGONFLY 36 *

HI

just read your thread, can you tellme what charger you use as i think my stock wall charger is duff,i need agood relible charger i hear alot about the swallow but dont know where to get one.

any ideas

cheers
Old 10-11-2005, 05:54 AM
borisboy

Hi guys

Sorry to post again i forgot to ask you about my tx and the dip switch settings on the tx.can any one give these settings which should be up or down etc

cheers guys
Old 10-11-2005, 11:58 AM
NOZZARCHELI

HI again borisboy, for the charger situation, just shop around and read reveiws.....it's upto you really....sorry that's not much help....here is an example.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LI-PO-DC-1-3-C...QQcmdZViewItem

I have created an image to show you the settings for the tx....

These are the settings, If you want to change the PLT/PZT knobs on the front of the Tx move the no:8 key to the unlock position first and then move it back afterwards (lock position)....Hope this helps

Thanks

MATT.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:22 PM
borisboy

Hi nozzarcheli

Thanks for you diagram really helpful, my tx is set up just like that,I did my first test flight today but at full throttle the heli didnt even go light on the skids,i am not sure if that is because i need to unlock the pzt,plt knobs or not as the pitch on th blades seems flat at the mo, also i have a brushless alighn motor not fitted yet just running stock at mo,but i do have 2200 li po batt in, any ideas would be really helpful, as you have spot on so far

cheers noz
Old 10-11-2005, 02:42 PM
NOZZARCHELI

Hi borisboy,

The picture below shows the PLT and PZT setting that i use for my heli......i don't know if the settings vary for each heli but these setting give me the right pitch and throttle so i can takeoff smoothly and either have a stable hover or do some simpl aerobatics, and with exess power if i want it. (Make sure the no:8 switch is on "unlock" before you do this and then switch it back after ajustments are made.

Try putting that align brushless in, you'll be suprised at the amount of power you'll get.

If you can't see the pic properly, click on the link below..
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/6...itxinfo4bb.jpg

Hope this helps,

Thanks

MATT.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:49 PM
borisboy

Hi again noz hope i can call you that

Once again you have helped me out, nice one i will let you know how i get on, i have read alot on this forum now and think i will make other upgrades to my heli like maybe getting higher quality servos at some point,but for now i will see how i get on.just keen to get on as this heli seems really good for the money, i have a esky eoo4 as well which i have taught my self on that flies really well nice and stable i have made quite afew ajustments to it but flies fine now, dont spose you know if you can get a brushless motor fot that too do you if so what size as its abit smaller than the 36.

cheers mate
Old 10-11-2005, 03:58 PM
thecheatscalc

heh it looks like noz was supprised at the align motor, good, he should be that thing is an absoulute powerhouse. now as for your TX settings, you're setting the servos so they're always on, your adjustments should be in the exact middle of every place. EX: your knobs should be pointing straight up, as for the trimmers they should be centered on the large lines on the middle of the controler. this takes quite a bit of adjusting and tinkering but eventually you'll get it, also try making it so the middle in 3D mode is 0 degrees pitch. this gets you ready for inverted flying as you get used to having the controls set up for it. also it still works in normal mode as well.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:11 PM
borisboy

Hi Thecheatscale

cheers for that info, just need know what exactly pzt and plt mean and what are they doing so i can understand it better.Iknow that the one on the left influences the throttle,but just need to know how,what and why and anything else that you know.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:16 PM
NOZZARCHELI

Hi Guys, Right, the PZT and PLT knobs....The PLT knob changes the throttle and rpm of your motor,you have to ajust this to the pitch of your blades as higher pitch needs a highter rpm, just ajust it until you get the desired effect. The PZT changes the pitch of your main blades, if you increase the pitch(right turn) the heli will generate more lift, it is important that you don't pitch your blades too far as this will put un-needed strain on your motor aswell as having little affect to the preformance.... hope this helps.

My settings are shown on the pic above...

Thanks guys,

Matt. (NOZZA) that's the nickname, well that's what everyone calls me anyway!! Thanks again...
Old 10-11-2005, 07:39 PM
thecheatscalc

well in my experience the PLT knob makes very tiny adjustments to the pitch, while the PZT makes larger adjustments. unplug/firmly hold the heli while the knobs are unlocked and play with them.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:11 AM
ronikki16

Hey guys the pitch is the flat/straight plane of the main blades,right?? Also what does the sensitivity and extent knobs do on the Gyro??[sm=pirate.gif]
Old 10-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Terry B

Dear Borisboy
A page back you mentioned the throttle being on the right and you want the reverse. It is reasonably easy to change them. I had what you want but wanted mode 1 (throttle on right due to familiarity). You need to partly disassemble the sticks and swap the ratchet thing on the back of the sticks. You then swap the plugs of the two middle pots to swap the electronics over. It is a bit of a fiddle but doable.
Best wishes

Terry
Old 10-12-2005, 12:30 PM
NOZZARCHELI

HI Guys......I think my 36 tail servo is broken.....I know WALKERA electonics are shocking.......but hey.......i turn the tx and the heli on and the servo works fine, then when i takeoff a couple of seconds into the flight the tail servo locks up and the heli goes into a wild spin.....when i power down the servo just chatters and doesn't respond to any input......thing is, when i unplug the battery and then plug it in again the servo works again...i don't know if my gyro is affecting the servo in some way, but this is really annoying....any tips would be apreciated........thanks

MATT.

I may just get a full set of new servo's......that'll cure my problem...

Im looking at this for my tail......something in the uk would be nice though....faster shipping

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RC-Helicopter-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-12-2005, 12:52 PM
borisboy

Hi terry

cheers for that i has already had apop at that and managed to it works fine now so nice one,not to hard,should have been right in the first place but there you go.

cheers
Old 10-12-2005, 12:58 PM
borisboy

Hi NOZ

I have a similar problem at the mo with my servo for the rotor blade, mine doesnt stop it gets stuck at one end of its travel, also the servo doesnt center it self on calibration, its miles off center even with full trim it still not center dont know wheather its dodgy servo or my bad set up, so the rotor blades move further one way than the other way.Also i cant get the heli off the ground at full throttle with the pitch set too, dont know wheather this is bad stock brushed motor or what,any ideas

cheers
Old 10-12-2005, 01:42 PM
ronikki16

Yeah my servo does that also..Does anybody know what to do?? Maybe the Gyro settings are off??[sm=pirate.gif]
Old 10-12-2005, 01:58 PM
borisboy

Hi

I have tried all my gyro settings and sensitivity but still knothing not sure either,keep me posted

cheers
Old 10-12-2005, 04:55 PM
NOZZARCHELI

Yo Guys, seems like we are all in the same neck of the woods with the tail servo, I have messed around with the gyro settings but the tail servo still keeps locking on one side after i get off the ground like borisboy's, when i got the heli the servo was fine and im guessing the sticking of this servo was the reason for my crash, i think i will purchase some more servo's for this heli as i think this will improve the preformance tonns.........still if anybody has some tips on how to fix this it would be greatly apreciated...Cheers

BORISBOY : For your power situation, just get a brushless setup with a li-po that'll sort that out....you already have the li-po don't you?

MATT.

I have contacted the seller and i think he is going to send me a new servo...HOPEFULLY....thanks again
Old 10-12-2005, 06:45 PM
NOZZARCHELI

SOZ to double post...........I KNOW IT'S A BIT OFF TOPIC BUT , I just put my stock motor from my 36 in my FP DF4 it was just in the bag whitch had all my extras in when i got my 36.....well i put it in my DF4 and it actually works......hovers well, loads of power, flight time is only very slightly shorter, BUT for the preformance i don't really care.....cool eh

Thanks,

MATT
Old 10-13-2005, 12:15 PM
borisboy

Hi Noz

Nice one with your stock motor think i might try my stock in my esky do you think it will work for me hope so,hey also with this servo problem,i think i will buy new ones too as i have 2 now that wont return to their center postion,i have seen some on ebay so i will try that. i have also seen some hs-55 i will try them i think,keep me posted on your heli

cheers
Old 10-13-2005, 01:11 PM
NOZZARCHELI

YO borisboy, Im looking at this tail motor at the moment, i think im gonna upgrade the rest of them slowly as the rest of them work fine at the moment, if you have any links on servo's that will fit in the 36 please post tham....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks

MATT.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:35 PM
borisboy

YO

no worries i am looking around at the mo for ones that will work with the 36 , what should i look for most in reguards to servos.

I also other probs now not happy i cant get my heli off the ground at the mo batt seems good still have stock motor in as i have a brushless but it hasnt turned up yet, is it really the motor or something else i have gone from one extream with the pitch to the other and still not good,bit worried now,[:@]
Old 10-13-2005, 02:42 PM
NOZZARCHELI

yoyo......i will be the stock motor.......just wait for your li-po and brushless setup and you'll see the change....also setup the PZT/PLT settnigs the same as above........this should solve that......im gonna wait and see if i can get another free walk servo frommy supplier.....thanks

MATT.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:52 PM
ronikki16

Hey NOZZA , I just bought that same servo here at this guys store..He's got the "buy it now" for 8.00 + 2.00 shipping= total 10.00US...The one your looking at has 4 days left with bidders...I don't know if yours will be cheaper at the end, but you wont have to wait..Well anyways just trying to help......Heres the web page....Lates Ron[sm=pirate.gif]

http://search.stores.ebay.com/search...&fsop=1&fsoo=1
Old 10-13-2005, 05:49 PM
NOZZARCHELI

Thanks Ron, I have just purchased the same servo, it's in the uk though so i should receive within a couple of days......hope it's better than the stock....Thanks,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true

MATT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.