Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

kyosho SR EP Concept

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

kyosho SR EP Concept

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 09:19 PM
snap it
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho SR EP Concept

I have a old Kyosho SR EP Concept and I need some parts. I can't find them anywhere. I know they don't make this heli anymore, but one would think Kyosho would still make parts to support there heli. Do you know anything about this heli? The next question I have can I up grade this to brushless with a lipo????
Old 12-17-2005, 10:21 PM
AutoMike

Default RE: kyosho SR EP Concept

I've just seen a few parts on ebay for the EP. Thats going to be the only place I know of you can find them. As for a brushless setup? Good luck, they cant handle much more than stock config gives. gearbox cant run clean enough and gears heat and melt. I'd go with a stock brushed motor with lipo's and just get a better power to weight by losing the ni-cad weight. You can get it to last longer under High amps but you'll need to know your stuff to modify the gearbox for more efficiency. Mike
Old 12-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Cyberfyn

Hi. I used to have this heli and it was Ok to mess about with (plus it's almost a classic now) but I struggled to find parts for it several years ago & unless you want it for the nostalgia I'd say sell it and get a modern brushless heli like the Eco-8 or Eolo or even the mini helicopters are ace now Zoom, Zap, Dolphin etc. The EP Concepts are still making good money on eBay and it'll make a good chunk of the cash for a new setup.

Ian.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:29 AM
RTDillon
My Feedback: (3)

I have a complete Concept EP that I just flew yesterday. It is an earlier version that yours. Yours has a better head design than mine. I would be willing to part with it if you are interested. $200.00 complete - receiver. [email protected]
You pick up the shipping.

Trades considered too.