Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14MZ new functions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:00 AM
KenChoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ new functions

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can explain to me what the effect of the "stick response" setting is in the new update for the 14MZ under the "stick setting" screen? What do they mean by "Adjustment range is: 1-32 (the greater value gives slower response)"? Is this like expo???

Thanks,
Ken
Old 01-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ new functions

The stick response works across the whole range of the stick's travel. It's to "soften" the feel across the range. It slows the reaction of the transmitter to a stick input. You can also adjust the amount of hysteresis..that is, how much you have to move the stick before there's any change in control input. Some FAI Pattern fliers like this because it allows them to perform certain maneuvers better...they don't have two controls on one stick interact quite as closely.

An example would be a slow roll that uses partial stick travel for ailerons. You can use the elevator and the inevitable small bumps in the position of the aileron stick would not cause a reaction by the model. The very large majority of fliers would never have any need to adjust the response and hysteresis. Only fliers in a few specialized events may find them to be of use.