Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Ailevator Eclipse 7 Q-PCM

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 04:20 PM
JIMESTES
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ailevator Eclipse 7 Q-PCM

Yes it does have the ailevator programing in my new Eclipse 7 Q-PCM.
Why don't the tech's at Hitec tell us it exists.

later Jim
Old 02-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Flying-Preacher

Default RE: Ailevator Eclipse 7 Q-PCM

Because they don't know it!! Well, not all of them are in the dark. I eventually had a productive discussion with Michael Glavin, who ultimately discovered that there was indeed a software change/firmware alteration that led to some of the Eclipse 7-channel transmitters having menu options very similar to that of the Optic 6-channel transmitters.

If you want to use the feature, DO NOT use a Y-harness for your elevators. Use servo connectors of sufficient length to plug each elevator into the receiver separately. Plug the right elevator into channel 2 and the left elevator into channel 7. For the ailerons, plug the right aileron into channel 1 and the left aileron into channel 5. Plug your switch harness for battery power into channel 6.

Set up Program mix#1 with Channel 1 as the Master and Channel 5 as the slave. This will get the ailerons working off left/right movements of the right stick of your transmitter.

When you activate the Ailevator function, the transmitter automatically creates a coupling between the ailerons and the elevator halves, but there's a way to configure the system so that the elevator halves don't move at all when making inputs to the ailerons - you'll set this at the AILE menu option in the following manner:

While in the Program mode, press the "Up" Edit button to reach the "AILE" menu option and press either of the "Data" buttons to activate the ailevator function. The default setting is "Inh."

Press the "Right" button to select the "MAS" option; the default setting should be channel 1. If its NOT set on channel 1, use the "Increase/Decrease" buttons to position the arrow for the "MAS(ter)" channel over channel 1.

Press the "Right" button to toggle to the SLV option; use the Data "Increase/Decrease" buttons to select channel 5 as the SLV channel. These initial settings ensure that channel 5 (the left aileron) is moving in direct proportion to channel 1.

These next steps will allow you to configure the elevator halves for zero movement for Left/Right movements of the right stick AND full movement for Up/Down movements of the right stick.

Press the "Right" button again and you'll see an arrow over channel 1 and beneath channel 2. Use the Data buttons to set the percentage of movement to "0%"; thus the right elevator half WILL NOT move when right/left movements of the right stick occur.

Press the "Right" button again and the lower arrow toggles beneath channel 7. Repeat the Data setting to set it to "0%"; thus the left elevator half WILL NOT move during any right/left movements of the right stick.

Finally, press the "Right" button again and the arrows will be positioned with an arrow above channel 2 and below channel 7. The default setting should already be at 100%. If not, use the Data increase/decrease buttons to set it to +100%. This setting ensures the left elevator half moves in 100% proportion to any Up/Down movements of the right stick.

You can now exit the Program mode because all of the settings are (or should be) correct.

I wrote all of this while away from my transmitter, so its likely that I could have missed something, but I've tried to be as thorough as possible. If you have the opportunity, I'd recommend that you read the Operator's manual for the Optic 6-channel transmitter and make the substitutions as necessary. That manual is available for reading or download at Hitec's website. It's in Adobe PDF format, so you'll need the Adobe reader if you download it.

Just remember: right aileron plugs into channel 1, left into channel 5. The right elevator half plugs into channel 2, and the left half into channel 7. Battery plugs into channel 6. With these adaptations, the Optic 6-channel instructions are adequate for setting up the ailevator function on your airplane.

Happy flying!!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Flying-Preacher

Here's a correction to my lengthy post - Press the "Clear" button to toggle the AILE function from "Inh" (the default) to "On."
Old 05-08-2006, 10:13 AM
iiiat

Preacher, I too have mixed dual elevator servos. The problem I have is that trimming the elevator moves only one surface. Cant' remember at the moment if I have the Ailv function on my Eclipse or not. But do you know if elevator trim moves both surfaces on your setup?