Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tazer 15T Forward/Reverse ESC - $29.99 - Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 02:56 PM
crUshed420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tazer 15T Forward/Reverse ESC - $29.99 - Any good?

Has anyone put one of these through its paces yet? I just received mine yesterday, and threw it in my b4 with a tower hobbies speed secret 14T motor. I've never had problems running 1 or 2 turns lower on my novak or LRP speedos, time will tell if this one holds up.

The wiring on it is 16 guage, so that's the first thing I want to completely replace if possible. I haven't opened it up yet though, so I'm not sure how hard that will be.

After running my b4 for 5 minutes with gp3300's, the ESC was getting quite warm. Not too hot to touch, but definitely hotter than my LRP Pro 1 reverse that I've used with the exact same setup.

For $30, I can't expect much... but so far it's everything I hoped it would be! As long as I don't fry it I'll be happy
Old 05-04-2006, 10:43 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Default RE: Tazer 15T Forward/Reverse ESC - $29.99 - Any good?

Its always out of stock in my LHS, I asked them about it and they dont really recomend it. Why? the cant really give me a good reason, other than its cheap so its probably no good. They always tell me to add $20 bucks or more and I can get a decent LRP, Tekin or Novak.

So I just put my $30.00 on a used LRP for now, as soon as my LHS have it on stock, I'll grab one. Hopefully its good enough just for bashing around.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:51 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have one they are ok i lost reverse on mine already (after 6 runs)

for the price they are ok but watch r gearing if running a 15 t
also they are really large (big footprint)

it preforms good tho
Old 03-25-2007, 03:24 PM
day2dayfun

I purchase on at my LHS ,and with my set-up it didn't even spin the motor once. My set-up includes: Trx Rustler w/Venom 17T motor ,81 Spur/18 pinion(12.24) Final. I won't but another one of those motors.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:26 PM
fitzj

I got three and a half runs out of mine before it burnt up. pleh.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 PM
KilgoreTrout

i have had mine for over a year and in three vehicles. i have never had a problem with it and would suggest it.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Bad Maxx

Yeah I realize this is almost a year old thread but I will just consider this a long term test result. I have three of these Tazer 15T ESC. One was given to me Horizon Hobby when I sent in a older much more powerful (down to 12T) Dynamite ESC to have the wires to the circuit board re-wired. I was extremely upset, they said it was old for new at their discretion and I should be happy. I wanted my old one back but they insisted that was impossible. They charged me for shipping and that ended that. So I put it on the shelf for another project.

I later bought a Rustler that had a Tazer 15T mounted on it, it was mated to a 15T Speed Gems Titanite, it has been beaten, abused, gotten wet and dried out and still is ticking forward and reverse after probably 40 hours of torture.

I bought an RC10 B3 which also had the Tazer 15T and a 17T Double Method Orion motor mounted on it. This one I water proofed with a condom and have driven the RC10 all summer. It has been in and out of the creek, puddles, and mud etc, it now serves as one of the outdoor winter/snow beaters without a lick of trouble in forward or reverse.

OK so after seeing this ESC seemed alright and heck I only paid shipping cost, I took the one off the shelf, stuck it in an old Stampede with a 12T Trinity Colbalt and beat the crap out of it. The battery, ESC, and my fingers got very, very hot [X(] I let the ESC cool down, got a new battery, changed the gearing a tad and let 'er rip! It still gets hot, reverse still works, I learned to spit on my finger before touching anything potentially searing hot and for a less than $30.00 ESC I am impressed.

Ever notice the majority of people who claim any given RC part is junk while other have had ZERO defects with the same part, usually have less than 10 posts?? I'm not saying any ESC or any other electronic parts are 100% fool proof, but it just seems like an odd coincidence.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Forgetful_Duck

Hmm i just got one of these without knowign anything, for my newly built DF02 rising storm.

Not quite understanding why theres a delay, when say... I go forwards full trottle, reverse a bit to Brake, then it takes about 2 seconds before i can further reverse.

No matter how hard i pull back on the stick for reverse when car is in motion at full forwards it just brakes, then doesnt respond for 2 seconds or so. weird.

or is it designed like this? on the box it says, "Fully Proportional Forward and reverse with braking Delay"
Old 12-31-2008, 10:04 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

its on purpose to protect your gears from stripping. Several escs are made this way
Old 12-31-2008, 10:11 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What he said...
Old 10-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Cincinnati Joe

I have one of these and just replaced the voltage regulator. How do you calibrate it with the little red button?? What should the LED be doing?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:46 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

here is the manual [link=http://www.dynamiterc.com/ProdInfo/Files/DYN4925_Tazer15T_Manualllo-res.pdf]Tazer 15t esc manual[/link]