Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

HELP me pls

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

HELP me pls

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 06:57 AM
reinoks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP me pls

last year i finished my glider ... it is pretty light and good looking
but my teacher ... told me that this thing should fly but my glider is not good at flying ... dunno why [:'(]

i made video so here it is
http://rapidshare.de/files/28505318/..._PICId_067.mpg
its my friend [:-]
if u want i can make some more pics or videos
but pls tell what is wrong with this plane

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have made some more pics about my plane

and .... my teacher told me that under wing/s should be kinda brick/block but i didnt get it [&:] ... so u can see it on mspaint pic bit closer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and can sombody expalne how sailpane have to grain height/altitude
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87460.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	503240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47009.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	503241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51475.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	503242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx63081.jpg
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	503243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65000.jpg
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	503244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx22376.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	503245  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:17 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HELP me pls

Your link does not lead me to your video. How are you launching it? Hand launching it from the ground (not off of a slope) will probably get you nowhere but frustrated unless you are very good at launching it--which it sounds like you are not. You will have to find a very strong thermal to take it up to any altitude at all. To start, it's better to either take it up on the back of a plane, or throw it off of a slope and try to catch a thermal. The easiest way to find a thermal is to look for soaring birds (buzzards, whatever). When they are just soaring around in a farily tight circle, then they are probably in a thermal. Try to fly into that thermal--you will catch rising air and your sailplane should rise. If you must hand launch it from flat ground, then you need someone to teach you the technique, it is not something that is just intuitive.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:37 AM
reinoks

link is good and it works fine ... to download video u have to choose free download ( page down ) and w8 30 sec .
yeah my launching method is too ****ty i guess ... i bounght rubber what is 50m long for light glinders/sailplanes but mine is big 1 .
yea i no there are rubbers... whatever what can pull my plane to sky but thease rubbers are very expensive... [:'(]
seller / vendor told me that this rubber costs 100 $ and thease things are sold out . So i have to preorder it ...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58270.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	503344  
Old 08-07-2006, 11:28 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "rubber" you are talking about sounds like what we call a "Hi Start" and this is heavy duty one
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXE636&P=7
I don't know what one would cost in your area. You could make one yourself if you have access to a surgical supply store and can make your own parachute.
There is also a smaller version that might work and is much cheaper.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXE638&P=V
Old 08-07-2006, 12:57 PM
tychoc

reinoks:

Having watched the video, I would say that your friend is launching the model wrong. You should aim at the horizon or slightly below, otherwise, as in the video, the plane will loose speed going up and stall and you then try to overcompensate with the elevator and the plane will oscillate (porpoise) up and down.
It is also possible that the CG is too far aft.

The high start should help or find a hill as mentioned before, but make sure you don't launch the model pointing up.

-tychoc
Old 08-07-2006, 04:28 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Why your sailplane isn't a good flier could depend on the v-shape of the wing , at least it looks from the photo as if the wing has too much v-shape.
But you also check the wing for trueness/straightness and also have slightly wash-out in the tips.

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden
Old 08-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Jimmbbo

ORIGINAL: bruce88123

The "rubber" you are talking about sounds like what we call a "Hi Start" and this is heavy duty one
I don't know what one would cost in your area. You could make one yourself if you have access to a surgical supply store and can make your own parachute.
Making your own hi-start is easy if you can find the surgical tubing (usually available at rubber distributors). If you make your own hi-start, be sure to use the same diameter tubing as Bruce linked to (5/16 outside dia, 3/16 inside diameter - 7.9 mm X 4.8 mm, 1.6 mm wall thickness) Using larger diameter or thicker wall can allow the hi-start to pull the wings off your glider... Don't ask how I know..

Cheers!

Jim

Old 08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

From what I noticed on the video, the plane climbed, then dropped its nose, then repeated this.

If this is the case you need to check the incidence. You should also check the CG on it.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:00 AM
reinoks

ORIGINAL: Campy

From what I noticed on the video, the plane climbed, then dropped its nose, then repeated this.

If this is the case you need to check the incidence. You should also check the CG on it.
lol ... i have watcher many videos at video.google.com but there was only 4-6 channel factory made glinders with mixers and yea thease things was good at flying
Old 08-08-2006, 07:09 AM
reinoks

ORIGINAL: Jimmbbo

Making your own hi-start is easy if you can find the surgical tubing (usually available at rubber distributors). If you make your own hi-start, be sure to use the same diameter tubing as Bruce linked to (5/16 outside dia, 3/16 inside diameter - 7.9 mm X 4.8 mm, 1.6 mm wall thickness) Using larger diameter or thicker wall can allow the hi-start to pull the wings off your glider... Don't ask how I know..

Cheers!

Jim

surgical tubing huh ? what it is ... and what u ment by in side dia- and outside diameter and how it look like
and ye my techer told me that i have to fasten wings very rugged to fueselage ...

Old 08-08-2006, 07:18 AM
bruce88123

Go to a store that sells medical supplies to Doctors or hospitals. They will be able to show you "surgical tubing"
Inside/outside diameter is about the same as describing pipe like you use in your home. The pipe needs to be a certain size. The tubing is not solid but has a hollow core. The diameter of the inner hollow core is the "inside diameter". If the "wall thickness" is too thick the rubber will be too strong. It will not only pull the wings off but if the wing is firmly attached it will make the wing structure fail or can even break the fuselage in half. Trying to climb too steep can cause this too. Climbing too shallow will let the plane fly too fast which is also bad. [:@] More things to learn.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:28 AM
reinoks

Go to a store that sells medical supplies to Doctors or hospitals. They will be able to show you "surgical tubing"
Inside/outside diameter is about the same as describing pipe like you use in your home. The pipe needs to be a certain size. The tubing is not solid but has a hollow core. The diameter of the inner hollow core is the "inside diameter". If the "wall thickness" is too thick the rubber will be too strong. It will not only pull the wings off but if the wing is firmly attached it will make the wing structure fail or can even break the fuselage in half. Trying to climb too steep can cause this too. Climbing too shallow will let the plane fly too fast which is also bad. [:@] More things to learn.
ooh now i get it have to be tube empty inside

yeah but measures what i got does not gimme anything if stretch abilitis of surgical tubing are diffrent ...
Old 08-08-2006, 07:30 AM
reinoks

there are very many kinds of surgical tubing

http://images.google.com/images?svnu...ng&btnG=Search