Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

WANTED - Old Citizen-Ship or Orbit radios

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

WANTED - Old Citizen-Ship or Orbit radios

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:26 PM
SGibson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WANTED - Old Citizen-Ship or Orbit radios

Does anybody out there have one of the old Orbit transmitters with the chrome gimballs laying around or any old Citizen-ship radios you want to exchange for some cash?
If so, please send a PM.
Thanks !
Old 04-25-2007, 11:15 PM
tokameel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WANTED - Old Citizen-Ship or Orbit radios

Hi, I have an old (about 1960 era) six channel Orbit T6 transmiter, R6 receiver and 3 Bonner servos on one circuit board. The "WEBCO(?sp) battery that came with the receiver did work 15 years ago but I am sure that it won't hold a charge anymore.
This set was USED when I bought it in 1975 but shows no signs of damage. I never flew with this unit but I field tested the components about 1986ish and it all worked. The servos operate on the reed system and sounded a bit like a music box. I have the sparse printed instructions that came with it. These are a little stained but readable. The antenna is in good shape. No original box. Sorry, no chrome gimballs.

Best of all, I have a Citizen-Ship one channel Transmitter model FLX 27, the matching Receiver model PLR. These are in mint condition. these date back to the 1950's. The boxes that they came in are showing their age but are intact and readable. Sorry, I don't have the Escapement (servo) for this unit. I have the printed instructions for these as well as some sales brochures of the time showing other Citizen-Ship RC products. No antenna came with this. Two cool Citizen-Ship decales are included.
As far as price, I saw a Citizen-Ship Transmitter model FLX 27 like this sold on ebay 6 years ago
for $129.00 (item # 404460181 if you can check that far back. I just have a print out of that sale).
I guess that I would want at least $80 for all this stuff.

I would like to look around more to see if anyone else hase an intrest in these.

Let me know if you have an intrest.
Thanks

Tokameel
[email protected]

Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
tokameel

The Orbit unit is now gone.
I have a Citizen-Ship one channel Transmitter model FLX 27, the matching Receiver model PLR. These are in mint condition. these date back to the 1950's. The boxes that they came in are showing their age but are intact and readable. Sorry, I don't have the Escapement (servo) for this unit. I have the printed instructions for these as well as some sales brochures of the time showing other Citizen-Ship RC products. No antenna came with this. Two cool Citizen-Ship decales are included.
As far as price, I saw a Citizen-Ship Transmitter model FLX 27 like this sold on ebay 6 years ago
for $129.00 (item # 404460181 if you can check that far back. I just have a print out of that sale).
I guess that I would want at least $50 for all this.

Let me know if you have an intrest.
Thanks

Tokameel
[email protected]
Old 05-03-2007, 08:58 PM
SGibson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just sent an email to your address saying I will take the Citizen-Ship radio and will mail a US Postal Money order to you. Please check your email.
Thanks,
S Gibson
Old 05-03-2007, 11:23 PM
tokameel

Thanks SGibson,

For $50, you have WON the Citizen-Ship one channel Transmitter model FLX 27, the matching Receiver model PLR. The boxes that they came in are showing their age but are intact and readable. Sorry, I don't have the Escapement (servo) for this unit. I have the printed instructions for these as well as some sales brochures of the time showing other Citizen-Ship RC products. No antenna came with this. Two cool Citizen-Ship decales are included.
All is being sold as is.
Have fun with these!

Thanks
tokameel
Old 06-02-2007, 09:48 AM
mightyhorn

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[8D]undefined

Greetings:

I have a 1960's era Orbit 10 channel transmitter, bonner servos, receiver and battery from my dad's sulton. Since I'm not flying it now anyway and I'll never use it.....

Please contact me at [email protected]

Donald Moore