Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Raidentech Ultimate Bipe!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Rube Goldberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raidentech Ultimate Bipe!

This one showed up on my door Monday morning via Fedex ground. By Tuesday evening it was ready to fly. Set up includes E-Flite Park 450, Phoenix 35 ESC, TP 2100, regular size Futaba receiver and 4~9 gram servos. Ready to fly weight less battery at 24.5 ounces, so figure right at 30 ounces with the TP 2100.
Maiden flight on Wednesday, took off from grass with the wheel pants installed. Flew FANTASTIC, only trim needed was one click of down elevator! No indication of nasty behavior on landing. Luck ran out today just a while after shooting these photos. Attempted take off from same grass field and one of the wheel pants got hung up in the grass, plane lifted off into the breeze just a tad bit too quick and narrowly averted a complete snap roll at 2' of altitude and only damage was the landing gear block was broken out. An hour later it is ready to fly again tomorrow, less the wheel pants, no more grass fields for this one!
For less than $80 delivered to my door, this little plane is a GEM! All built up construction, not a piece of foam anywhere. Pictures to follow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92361.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	544852   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83907.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	544853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37924.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	544854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp39907.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	544855  
Old 10-27-2006, 07:27 PM
nitrostaff1

Default RE: Raidentech Ultimate Bipe!

Wow!!! [X(] You are GOOD!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:22 AM
opjose

And I paid too much for mine...

Old 11-10-2006, 03:34 PM
C141FlyGuy
My Feedback: (1)

I purchased the same plane from Nitro planes for $69 It came in at 26 oz with battery. I am using a Castle creations 25 amp speed control, A Hi Max outrunner and four HS 55 servo's from Radical RC. I am using a Corona 6 ch Dual conversion full range micro receiver fom BP hobbies at $29 you cant beat the price. I have yet to fly it due to the weather here in Ohio. I found no mount for the battery. I would like to see how others mounted their battery and what is the best CG for flying the plane. I would like to also see what others think of this plane it looks hot but how does it fly. Is there any reccomendations for mounting the wing struts like where to drill the holes for mounting hardware. What is a good prop and outrunner for ths plane.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:54 PM
opjose

Mount for the battery?

I just velcro mine to the fuselage.

I guess you could make a balsa crossmember and velcro the battery to that too.

But for me this would prevent me from installing my 2200mAh batteries.

---

Prop selection depends in large part on your motor and ESC, or rather what they will draw.

You may want to use one of the on-line "motorcalcs" to figure out what you want to use that will not draw more current than the ESC can handle.

---

Re: Struts

I haven't put mine together yet, but isn't it obvious?

Isn't there a hole already for the strut screws, although you may have to remove the covering over the hole?

---

RE: Outrunner

NP recommends the 400T or 400XT which would make this plane haul.

When last I checked NP was sold out of both of them so I purchased one of these instead.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/a2oubrmow980.html

Old 11-10-2006, 09:52 PM
C141FlyGuy

I have moto calc I just wanted to see what other people were planning to runn and what prop. I flew my plane today for the first time, I used an 850 Kv outrunner with an APC 10/7 prop. It flew great with that combo and an all up weight of 26 oz. It is pulling less than 20 amps. I flew it with a 20c 1200 Lipo with out getting the battery warm. As far as the struts go I was talking about where they mount to the wing. The upper wing had built up block where they mounted, but the lower wong did not have any built up spot so I had to use a small amount of force to push the struts forward in order to screw them down to the spar. For the battery I cut out a mount so I could center up the batttery for better roll and no aileron trim required. I like the way this plane can fly fast and then easily slow down for smooth landing.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:24 PM
opjose

20Amps on a 20C 1200mAh lipo... Ouch!

Or is this maximum draw that you are talking about?

I'm pulling 15-20 amps on a much larger Super Sportster EP used a much larger motor, 60Amp ESC and 4400mAh LiPo's.

That will maximize the battery lifetime and also the battery runtime... I get about 30 minutes non-stop flying.

I am shooting for 9-10 amps average draw on the Ultimate and 15 max with a 2200mAh battery... or at worst a 1800mAh depending upon what I can shoehorn into the plane.

The ESC I'm using is rated to 25 max burst.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Rube Goldberg

opjose and myself have been discussing this model over at the NitroModels support forum in a thread found here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_49...tm.htm#4981664

As for holding the TP 2100 battery in place, I'm just using a block of soft foam inserted into the battery compartment and then wedging the battery in between the foam and the bottom of the plane. Works for me.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:39 AM
dave3913

I bought an ultimate bipe from Raidentech and the center wing strut ( the strut that connects the upper wing to the body) is missing....I have got no support from Raidentech and need a member favor....could someone trace this part and fax it to me so I can build a part.....This is not the first problem I have had with Raidentech and I have had it!...fax # is 503 557 5168.....thanks so much....dave
Old 11-20-2006, 04:42 PM
C141FlyGuy

If I didn't glue min in I would send it too you. I would recommend trying to get them to send one. Be persistent and do not take no for an answer. They are trying to fix the bad reputation they have for poor customer service. I have ordered from them and from Nitro Planes. I find the same products just better support through Nitro planes. If you do not want to wait I am sure some one will fax you the template. Or we will figure something out.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:42 AM
dave3913

Thanks for the reply....nitro planes and raidentech are the same company.....I get no response from either...dave
Old 11-21-2006, 12:22 PM
opjose

Well Raidentech is the Parent Company of Nitro according to their posts here.

Start a new thread and title it "Nitroplanes: I'm missing a part." to catch their attention the next time they look here.

Also e-mail

[email protected]

and

[email protected]

With your problem.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:27 PM
dave3913

Ian, Thanks for the emal but I cant answer you...(for some reason)...I still really need the part tracing.....my fax # is 503 557 5168.....thanks ...dave
Old 03-26-2007, 10:53 AM
dqman40rock
My Feedback: (89)

I think that this is a great little plane as well. Went together fine and flies well. We fly off grass so wheel pants are out.

Using an AXI 2212/26, 10/4.5 sloflyer prop, 1800 MAH 3S-1P 10 C batteries

Drawing 13 Amps and comes down with cool batteries and motor. Attached is the Static reading from the Flight Data Recorder before the first flight. Havent put it up with the Data Recorder on board yet.

I have to agree with the Nitro Planes customer service being sucky. If you luck out and get a model from them and have no problems with it, you are in great shape. But if you have a problem, you probably need to figure out a way around it your self, because they wont respond to Email, Phone calls or any other method of solving your problem. Fortunately on this one and one other plane, I've had no problems.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61783.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	650381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74153.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	650382  
Old 03-26-2007, 11:08 AM
opjose

Well the e-mail addresses I posted above ( always send to BOTH ) has ALWAYS resulted in a response within 1-3 days for me.

Each time I have had any issues they have been resolved very quickly and very well.

You must give them your order number to work from though.

dave3913: I don't know why you gave me your fax number?
Old 04-29-2007, 06:17 AM
BendR

I have just started the build on mine and so far I really like what I am seeing. The quality of the kit is very good and from what I read it flies as good as it looks. I am really looking forward to getting it in the air.

As far as the customer support goes.....My kit showed up and the box was in perfect condition BUT,,,the engine cowl was cracked all to heck. It was pretty obvious that it was done during packaging. I emailed raidentech and two days later I recieved and email saying a new one was in the mail. Can't complain about that. Maybe I got lucky but I am very pleased with the results. I plan on ordering from them again.

Happy flights and soft landings!
Old 05-06-2007, 06:26 PM
eagle1026

I bought this plane a few months ago and also purchased the recomended 400T motor. The plane was great but the motor is just enough to fly the plane, had to use full throttle most of the time just to keep it in the air .I was using a apc 9X6 sf prop as recomended with a 25 amp sc. anyway I have since upgraded to an E-Flite park 480 1020kv motor and an 35 amp sc and need some sugestions on prop size for sport arobatic flying NO HOVERS. thnx.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:48 PM
LuckyArmpit

I have an Ultiimate but its from Ultrafly and its foam. Flies good though!
One gripe/rant I have with electric planes now is that all the designers think that everyone flies off of a paved runway. Which is why the wheels are way too small!!!!
I've switched over to at minimum 2 inch foam wheels since I fly off of a grass runway. Another rant too.....ever notice the landing gear is mounted to thin ply which is then glued
to balsa????? And if you don't grease/smooth land the plane you wind up breaking the ply/balsa wood that the mains mount to. I have a nice great planes yak 54 that ripped out the main
gear on a simple landing. Upon inspection of where the mains mount to, the wood is pretty thin. The plane now gets landed in high weeds. Tired of repairing the SOB.
On the other hand, the super sportster and the seagull extra 300 have landing gear that is bent and is affixed to holes drilled into ply and is also held down via plastic bands which are screwed in.
Aint had never a problem with breakage from these types of landing gear on a grass field.

Dave...
Old 06-26-2007, 10:26 PM
morespeed

okay,
i flew mine and what a blast, with the eflite 480 motor this bipe is a dream to fly.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:21 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: eagle1026

I bought this plane a few months ago and also purchased the recomended 400T motor. The plane was great but the motor is just enough to fly the plane, had to use full throttle most of the time just to keep it in the air .
You could have tried putting a slightly bigger prop on it, say a 10x7SF to get better results.