Search
Notices

Kasama head for christmas WOOoo

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Crazy Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kasama head for christmas WOOoo

Hey guys, as you've probably read, this christmas was the best as far as rc helicoptering goes!

The head went together really easily, and was all pretty straight forward.

The installation of the grips was the tricky part, had to the put the grips in the oven and the bearings in the freezer for a while, so that they would fit together, but they were soo tight, they would not slip in by themselves, so, had to resort to the old rubber mallet, make those bearings go in. I installed all the bearings in the grips went to tighten the spindle up, and it was soo tight, that the grips wouldnt move freely, kept bashing and pushing see if the bearings would go in any further, and this did not solve anything. so eventualy me and my dad agreed to remove the washer that goes between the dampener and the first bearing in the grip. we removed both side, and this solved the problem. everything is free, not too free, but free and there is still a gap between the headblock and the grips, so there is no wearing between the 2 alloy surfaces. IS IT OK TO DO THIS?? just making sure

il get pics of the heli asap. its soo delicious?
Old 12-26-2006, 12:19 PM
enahs
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Kasama head for christmas WOOoo

Very nice! I'm looking into getting this head sometime in the near future. Probably wouldn't happen until next spring or so. It sure is pretty isn't it?

Shane
Old 12-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Crazy Geezer

yeaah, in my opinion for looks, everyone should have 1 just to drool over, been doing that since i took the rapping off (not really)

back to the question i asked i earlier, is it ok to fly without the 2 washers that go between the dampeners and the bearing in the grip?? i had to remove them as the spindle was too tight, and the grips would not move freely

heelp
Old 12-26-2006, 10:24 PM
SLINGSHOT-RCU

I did not use them on mine but I have a top dragen head and grips.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:55 AM
Buck Rogers

HAY BUDDY....

a nother way you could get the bearings into the grips if it was a realy tight fit is to put a sanding drum onto your rotery tool and just lightly go over the inside of the grip with that..even tho the freezer and oven way works as well

but yeh your heli sounds pretty nifty with all that new head and servos ect.

have a great time flying it anyway
Old 12-27-2006, 07:49 AM
paulhenley

hi m8

sounds gr8 !! weeeeee neeeeed pics !!

Henley
Old 12-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Crazy Geezer

pics on the way, i promise,

just need my mum to sod off for five minutes so i can use the living room and dining table
Old 12-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Crazy Geezer

HERE WE GO BOYS AND GIRLS......

As you can see in the pics, ive installed the plastic Mixing lever arms, because during assembly, i was unfortunate enough to snap 1 of the balljoints in the arm. I emailed the guys from kasama about this problem, and there going to send another set under warranty, which is brilliant, soo, there on there way.....

Theres the faulty arm..

Apart from the problem with the mixing lever arms, everything else, went together excellently, the grips were tricky to install, as juggling around hot pieces of alluminium is no easy task ...im going to replace the main shaft with the quick uk solid shaft, rather than the standard TT hollow 1, i noticed that, when i turn the head manualy, the head button moves from side to side gradually, which indicates a bent mainshaft, so im going to replace it..

The colour co-ordination is brilliant, carbon fibre, black, silver, red and white, woooo
Old 12-27-2006, 07:42 PM
paulhenley

looks awsome ! are the mixing lever arms a part of the kasma kit ? or where did they come from. i've seen a lot of alloy stuff on ebay but am skeptic as to thier quality...

what ws the problems with th mixing arms ?

again, it looks awsome..

Henley
Old 12-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Crazy Geezer

yeah everything comes in the kit ... [link=http://www.z-rc.com/?action=displayProductsPage&viewItemID=8]CLICK ME[/link]

There is no problem, i was just stupid enough to overtighten the balljoint screw and snap it. emailed the kasama guys, sent them a few pics, there sending another mixing lever set, free under warranty