Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Sturmtiger arrived today

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 AM
stevie_g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sturmtiger arrived today

This morning saw the arrival of my Matorro/hl Sturmtiger,it arrived safe and sound and my first impressions are o.k,pretty good paintwork and detail,the tracks are made of a more flexible/rubberlike material,for some reason they have used a smaller battery pack which has three wires coming out of it,red,black and a blue one,does anyone know what the blue wire is for?The charger now has a red l.e.d which goes off when the charge is complete.The transmitter does not have a crystal but a 3 position switch,also the m/g sound now works off the left hand stick,hard over to the left.On start up the volume is very loud and i think they must have supercharged the smoke machine,it works instantly and belches out smoke,too much for indoors.Unfortunately it also has it's faults,firstly the bracket is missing for the left hand rear mudguard and they packed 2 left hand mudguards.The transmitter was dead and the back had to be removed and wiring investigated.And the most annoying problem is that the airsoft gun constantly fires,so i had to turn it off,hopefully a trapped wire or something inside.Anyway ive put it back in it's box,must concentrate on finishing the tiger,one tank at a time!
cheers Steve.

Smokin...!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:25 AM
raimian

Default RE: Sturmtiger arrived today

the blue wire comes from half way along the battery, so the voltage from it will be half the voltage of the red one (main voltage).
Old 01-04-2007, 02:51 PM
gorehound

Hi There

Looks really good. Where did you get it from?

Cheers
Gorehound
Old 01-04-2007, 02:57 PM
stevie_g

Hi Gorehound,This German ebay shop [link]http://www.live-bazar.de[/link].Seems about the only place to get hold of one right now,very quick delivery and accepts paypal.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:03 PM
gorehound

Hi

Thanks for the link but I cannot see them on the site. Either I am missing them or he is sold out []

Cheers
Old 01-04-2007, 03:12 PM
stevie_g

Gorehound,Try this link [link]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MATORRO-RC-PANZER-STURMTIGER-1-16-TIGER-WK-II-HIT_W0QQitemZ110074681722QQihZ001QQcategoryZ45986Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link]
Old 01-04-2007, 03:16 PM
gorehound

Cheers. I will maybe wait to see if the prices drop a bit. It always seems the same that when a release is new like this and the Bulldog the prices are high. After a month or two they seem to drop a bit.

Cheers
Old 01-07-2007, 11:34 AM
stevie_g

Half the battery voltage to feed what?
ORIGINAL: raimian

the blue wire comes from half way along the battery, so the voltage from it will be half the voltage of the red one (main voltage).
Old 01-07-2007, 01:46 PM
raimian

im not sure as i dont know what the electrical setup is on this model, it seems to have a completely different setup to the normal ones.

if you could open it up and show us some pics of both sides of the boards it might help us to work it out.

also how far along the battery does the blue wire go? the red wire is connected to the end of the battery with the connector and the black wire goes all the way to the other end.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:07 PM
martin g

What does that thing fire? Golf balls?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you saying the tracks are, like, vinyl or rubber and not rigid like the regular plastic tracks on the Heng Long tanks?

Are they linked individually or one molded in one piece? Perhaps they can be upgraded to HL tracks or better yet, metal...

Not too keen on the different battery pack but I kind of like the thing as a whole.

-Harq
Old 01-09-2007, 01:52 AM
kevinb120

The only thing I can think of is that you have a 9.6V pack and the blue wire carries 7.2v for the electronics. [sm=71_71.gif]
Old 01-11-2007, 05:00 PM
MySoldier

barrel looks wild...lol@golf balls...pls post more reviews about it....anybody know when its arriving in north America?????????
Old 01-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there any more updated on this tank?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:18 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

well that was the dumbest thing they could have done a power tap that makes something else run off some of the cells in the battery pack!!!

The battery pack won't last to long!

It looks like it works like the 1/24 marui tanks with a power tap so some other part can work on only a few of the cells..and what this does is drain only a few cells and all the cells are drained differently so the battery pack gets messed up fast because after you run the tank the cells fight each other because they got drained differently and there internal voltages are different...and this causes the pack to discarge it's self....

i KNOW THIS BECAUSE IT HAPPENS IN MY 1/24 TANKS THAT USE THE 8 aa'S AND HAVE POWER TAPS TO SEPERATE CELLS!! I then have to charhe each AA cell in a charger that peak charges each sell seperatly because there voltage varies so much that if you used a normal charger and tried to charge all 8 at one tome some will be fully charged and some cells would not be then the cells that had more power in them would then over charge and start discharging until the cells that had the lower voltage reached full capacity.... I think the style pack they went with with the power tap was a stupid idea....
Well hope you can understand what i am trying to explaine
Old 01-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Captainbertie

yep Right with you therie Shen...........I've just ordered mine and intend to use the standard 6 cell pack.....the tank will probably just run a bit slower that's all...they uped the voltage to give it more oomph to the motors.............

cheers

Captb
Old 01-31-2007, 10:43 AM
hobbimaster

Mato has this tank, and the Panzer III on their site for pre-orders. It was a tough call, but went with the Sturm. If nothing else it looks cool as hell. Hopefully the tracks are being made out of something more durable than the plasric ones I have now.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it is too bad we will have to wait for over a month to get it from Mato (with shipping time), but the tank looks so good that I will not be able to pass up the pre-order. I like the fact that all of the details seem accurate, so I won't have to make any modifications........just paint and nice decals.

I definitely plan to make mine full option with the Tamiya electronics and battle system. [sm=thumbup.gif] Another beast for the war games!

Jason
Old 01-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: icecreamslick

I definitely plan to make mine full option with the Tamiya electronics and battle system. [sm=thumbup.gif] Another beast for the war games!

Jason

There you go!! Too bad it didn't come out a little sooner for me! I could have saved a bunch of cash!

Jeff
Old 01-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Captainbertie

I have defo been bitten by this tank virus..............must stop buying tanks......resist........resist..........too many tanks and not enough time............my panther will never get finished...urhhh

CaptB
Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
hobbimaster

The good thing is that this does not look anything like my other tanks, so the wife cannot jump on me for ordering another one....you know the argument......."you already have one of those." I can also say I saved money by pre-ordering. Just like when she goes shopping on the sale racks!.................I'm so dead................... have a month to find a hiding place
Old 01-31-2007, 01:33 PM
MySoldier

Shenlonco- Please explain. I'm about to purchase this tank.
what is the extra wire for? my HL battery only has 2 wires going to the battery
Old 01-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I'll hide it for ya ... buddy!

Jeff
Old 01-31-2007, 01:44 PM
The_Stuff

I have a RC mine dump truck like that to. has 3 wires, but the charger has 2. wouldn't it just be easier to make room for 2 separate battery packs?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:35 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi I think it's a jumper from afew of the cells to operate somthing else like perhaps when you turn on the smoke unit it may get power from 4 cells 4.8V and the motors and other stuff runs off all the cells in the pack.

It looks like it won't run on a standard 7.2 pack... that is enless the voltage is tapped into 6 cells making it 7.2V and the rest runs off full voltage from the pack... in that case it may work but the speed of your tank will be slower from less voltage to the motors.