Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Nomadio FULL Range 2.4Ghz aircraft radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nomadio FULL Range 2.4Ghz aircraft radio

First off there is NO release date yet,

Basics on the table:
16ch full range radio
Mixing for 5 flight modes
ALL mixing open in all 5 flight modes (Heli, Sailplane, Fixed Wing, 3D templates)
Adjustable curves per mix up to 24 points
Cascading mixing
12 free mixers per input
Telem built in
PC interface for programing and storage
PC USB game port
MP3 player
Timers sync to music
Timers for soaring
Remote telem with timer interface
SD card reader and storage card for telem data
PC control input option
Color touch screen
Adjustable sticks
Plug and play switches

Target "Street" Price Sub $900.00
Old 01-05-2007, 06:35 PM
hilgert
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Nomadio FULL Range 2.4Ghz aircraft radio

No release date, but can you give us *some* idea of the timeframe? Would this be in mid-2007, late-2007, 2008, etc?

Also, any preliminary info on RX configurations and potentail costs?

Thanks, and it's nice to have another company with *actual* experience in 2.4GHz RC joining the 2.4GHz aircraft world. As of now, only Spektrum has any real experience building and delivering actual, real, purchasable systems.

-Hilgert
Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Nomadio_Sales

After reading the blasts EXTREME link is getting, I will keep the release date like Apple does you know we are working on it we ask for your input but will give the release date in the press release then ship at the same time

Receiver still in development target price $110 with the built in telem like our car units are
Old 01-05-2007, 06:57 PM
chrisF test pilot

After reading the blasts EXTREME link is getting, I will keep the release date like Apple does you know we are working on it we ask for your input but will give the release date in the press release then ship at the same time
LOL that has got to be the best quote ever..

Looks like you guys are aiming for the high end crowd, the people who wont give up their high end radios for a Spektrum. Good Luck!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Never said a word about our 4ch / 7ch unit $150 range that converts for cars and planes Oh that will be first. <GRIN>
Old 01-05-2007, 07:02 PM
mmormota

Configurable telemetry option, please (using the radio display).
Old 01-05-2007, 07:09 PM
wollins

subscribed
Old 01-05-2007, 07:14 PM
swat1
My Feedback: (3)

Interesting
Old 01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Putting out a radio in the 4 / 7hc class that is 100Hz frame rate will open a few eyes to how slow 50Hz is to respond then we build from there. Once a top pilot gets their hands on a all digital 100Hz 2.4Ghz full range system well the rest of the market will have to follow.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:21 PM
hilgert

What's your PayPal address? I'd like to pre-order mine now, with 6 or so RX's.

-Hilgert
Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
RonD

For us Geeks, how about a few technical details. DSSS or FHSS or hybrid? What about antenna's, monopole, dipole, patch, other? Single or multiple antenna's? Single or dual channel? What about antenna's remote from the receiver?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Van

Sounds interesting and aimed at the high-dollar type flier. My suggestion is to also offer a similar, but less fancy version for the average flier in the $350-$400 range. I work with touchscreens at my day job. Touchscreens scratch and then all calibration is lost; leave this for the big boys with the big $$$. Offer us 'average' fliers a quality LCD display with digijusters, scroll wheels, whatever else you want to call them...less to mess up. Also provide some sort of slider(s) be it rotary (not a rotary knob) or linear. I also don't need the MP3 player...however a soda can holder would be nice! Overall feaures in line with the Evo 9 would be awesome, full channel mapping, switch assignability, lots of programability, large (20+) model memory, etc. I like the SD card reader for extended model memory, telemetry storage, etc. I look forward to prelim. drawings of what your system will look like. Best of luck!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Nomadio_Sales

FHDSS hybrid for sure antenna TBD

Case design not far from the EVO / cockpit blend.

Good point on the touch screen. I am a big fan of sliders
Old 01-05-2007, 09:08 PM
clive45

subscribed
Old 01-05-2007, 09:15 PM
rockom

ORIGINAL: Nomadio_Sales

Receiver still in development target price $110 with the built in telem like our car units are
Haha, Those guys (the users that blasted XPS) messed it up for everybody else....
After that blasting a we will NEVER get details from another company again.

System sounds cool.

-Rocko
Old 01-05-2007, 09:27 PM
RonD

Are special servos need for 100 Hz? I think I've heard both Yes and No.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:47 PM
bentgear

Not with their surface radio but you do have a menu choice of standard or digital servo for each channel. The 100 is between the radio and receiver.

Ed M.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Nomadio_Sales

You will have the option per ch BUT most new analog servos take 100Hz fine our normal analog rate is 70Hz which is still faster then the the other 2.4Ghz systems.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:25 PM
kgfly

Intriguing. Good to see another mfr getting into the game.

Looking forward to learning more of the technical details of how you have ensured a robust full-range link including addressing division of the band into channels, channel selection process, multipath and shadowing issues, in-flight noise margin sensing/response, LOS behaviour, downlink bandwidth and behaviour, telemetry sensor interface (is it open or not), range of sensors planned and more.

Tx thoughts
Personally I think color touch screens are a bad choice for this application altogether. They are power-hungry, fragile, wear quickly and add unecessary expense. High quality GUI design is hard (and expensive) and colour is more often abused than used wisely (see the 14mz for just one example). A high resolution monochrome screen (with switchable backlight) coupled with a couple of buttons and scroll/navigation device and a well designed UI will be far better IMO. The 9303 is a great example to follow.

Does *anyone* care about an MP3 player in their Tx ? You have to pay a license fee for the decoder software in every unit. What a useless expense for an RC Tx.

Some suggestions to ponder:

* 7 to 9ch mid-range systems in the $300-$400 range (Tx + Rx)

* Small, light, 6ch ParkFlyer style Rx under $50 (OK if range is limited)

* Count up/down timer coupled to the throttle channel. Only counts on non-zero throttle. Beeps at end of count. In count-down mode, at zero it beeps and then starts counting up. This lets you see how long you over ran your expected run time.

* Prominent power LED to remind me that the power is on.

* Programmable auto-off. If no inputs have changed for X minutes (eg 15) then automatically power down even if the power switch is still on. (Guess who left his Tx tured on overnight and then couldn't fly the next day )

* Mfr's option for a Lipo Tx battery with built-in charge/discharge cell-protection circuits.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Tyler-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

subscribed

Tyler
Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Nomadio_Sales

We have beenvin the game for a while on the Bomb Bot side but now are going after the air R/C market
Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 AM
wollins

Does *anyone* care about an MP3 player in their Tx ?
Nope! I would bet BIG DOLLARS that if you give a modeler a choice between an MP3 player and a reduction in cost due to NOT having it ... EVERYONE would say "drop the player". Matter of fact I think that this is such a no brainer that the cynic in me thinks that the sole purpose of its inclusion would only be to help justify a higher retail price!

* Count up/down timer coupled to the throttle channel. Only counts on non-zero throttle. Beeps at end of count. In count-down mode, at zero it beeps and then starts counting up. This lets you see how long you over ran your expected run time.

* Programmable auto-off. If no inputs have changed for X minutes (eg 15) then automatically power down even if the power switch is still on. (Guess who left his Tx tured on overnight and then couldn't fly the next day )

* Mfr's option for a Lipo Tx battery with built-in charge/discharge cell-protection circuits.
Couldn't have said it better myself! The only thing I would add is that you should either put the LCD screen at the top of the TX (like the Hitec Eclipse or Airtronics TX) or make the timer numbers LARGER (a la the Futaba 14mz) and more distinct than the other stuff on there cause it's a PITA to pick out the tiny timer numbers among all the other stuff on the screen!
[:@]
Old 01-06-2007, 12:42 AM
RonR214

ORIGINAL: kgfly

Tx thoughts
Personally I think color touch screens are a bad choice for this application altogether. They are power-hungry, fragile, wear quickly and add unecessary expense. High quality GUI design is hard (and expensive) and colour is more often abused than used wisely (see the 14mz for just one example). A high resolution monochrome screen (with switchable backlight) coupled with a couple of buttons and scroll/navigation device and a well designed UI will be far better IMO. The 9303 is a great example to follow.

Does *anyone* care about an MP3 player in their Tx ? You have to pay a license fee for the decoder software in every unit. What a useless expense for an RC Tx.

Kgfly, good suggestions. Really like the countdown timer idea. And do hope that they include all the mixing on the low end unit. Take out all the fancy frills, but leave the function there. Some of us want the multiple mixing ability.

Ron
Old 01-06-2007, 12:50 AM
eheliflyer

Subscribed. Can't wait!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:42 AM
ChuckA

Karlton

Good to see you back. Glad to hear you will be patterning the case after the Evo and the Cockpit. As close to the Cockpit as possible please. Don't see any advantage to large color screen since I only look at it while programming. I keep my eyes on the model while flying. I hope you can use a logical Multiplex style programming rather than the VCR style programming of the asian radios. Here's hoping all the jerks that have ruined the Xtreme link stay off this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.