Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tremor Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Racing Tremor Thread

This is a folder for all posts that have to do with the Tremor. Please only post questions, problems, or add on's that relate to the Tremor's.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:27 AM
bluecaka69

Default RE: Redcat Racing Tremor Thread

Guess im gonna be the first to post here I want a tremor one of these days ill get one
Old 01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, me too, i am waiting for them to come back in stock.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
k12techman

I should be getting my Tremor tomorrow from the DHL guy! I can't wait to get my hands on it. Found a guy in eBay that has a couple for sale.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:06 PM
bluecaka69

let us know what you think
Old 02-01-2007, 07:14 PM
k12techman

The Tremor came today. This thing looks awesome! It appears to be quality construction. I am a little disappointed in the radio box. It's lid doesn't seat well so you don't get a good seal. Not sure if I can find an easy way to seal it or not. It really looks like they should have used 4 screws around it instead of just two. That's really the only thing that jumps out at me right away.

The body is a decent, thick lexan. Looks like it will hold up to some abuse OK. Suspension parts look rugged, shocks are decent and it's wheel base appears wide enough to let it handle turns at faster speeds. It is a MT, so we can't hope for sedan handling here.

It's so darn cold here for the next 2 weeks that I don't know if I'll get to run it right away. Until I can take it out and put fire in the engine, I won't be able to tell that much more about it.

Oh, and I know we hate to just outright say it, but this thing LOOKS cool. I mean, it just looks neato.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:22 PM
ehroof

cool bro post a picture
Old 02-01-2007, 08:00 PM
k12techman

Here's a few pics of the new Tremor. I tried to get a shot of the radio box to show how it doesn't seal. As for the rest, it looks awesome, IMO.

Added a couple of pics for comparison in size to 1/18th stuff. There's a Mini-T and a RC18MT next to the Tremor.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15459.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	611722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68820.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	611723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86562.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	611724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq42857.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	611725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm75339.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	611726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bs13785.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	611727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uw43972.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	611728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70799.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	611729  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28551.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	611730  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 PM
bluecaka69

Looks good guess im in line or one after awhile since ive been on a spending spree lately i guess ill have to wait a liitle before i get one
Old 02-01-2007, 10:29 PM
rclynx

If someone really wants one I might be able to find a few
Old 02-10-2007, 05:33 PM
k12techman

I've been sitting inside today, tinkering with my Tremor. I had a JR RS310 receiver that wasn't getting any use, so I decided to put it in the Tremor. Since my XS3 transmitter has 6 model memory, I figured I'd use it with the LST and the Tremor.

As I tore into the thing, I realized that the brake setup on the Tremor is, well, inadequate. The aluminum tube that came on the truck was pretty much stripped out already and I couldn't make any adjustments to the brake at all. So, I took some wire from a dead rs4mt that was threaded on one end and used it to fix the brake setup. I then took two pieces of round plastic, threaded one onto the new brake arm, put the brake arm through the brake "loop" and then threaded the other piece of plastic on the arm. This game me a way to control the push on the brake as well as actively pull the brake off when the server returns to neutral. The result is a good, firm brake as well as a brake the releases and lets the truck roll free. I'd post pictures, but my camera won't focus on the tiny parts in the truck well enough to make it clear.

The second part of this project is what's got me frustrated. [:@] When I put the RS310 receiver int he radio box, it was a very tight squeeze. Hope I never need to take it out, lol. But, I guess it's just enough bigger that it doesn't leave room for the battery box and switch. What I'm wondering is if any of you have found a rechargeable receiver pack solution? As mine is configured now, I've got an area that is 18 mm wide, 45 mm long and 25 mm deep. I have found some cells at cheapbatterypacks.com that are 1/3 AAA and 160 mah. While these would fit, I don't think I'd get a whole lot of joy out of 160 mah run times on the receiver. Can you say fail safe?

Anybody got any ideas on a battery solution for this little guy?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 PM
k12techman

I have to say that I'm highly disappointed with the Tremor so far. It was finally warm and sunny here today; perfect to run some nitro.

First major issue: the fuel system. Read the manual first to make sure I didn't screw something up. Dropped a few drops of nitro in the carb as explained. Truck would start and run until the few drops were cleared out. Not enough pressure from the exhaust to push fuel to the carb. Took the pressure hose off, blew in it myself until fuel hit the carb and then the truck would start and run.

Second major issue: horrible binding. This truck is straight out of the box new and the rear end binds so bad that the left rear tire won't turn unless the truck is under full throttle. I'm not a newbie to this stuff, but even a newbie would be able to tell that there is something seriously wrong with the drive train. When you turn the rear tires manually, you can feel something stick in either the diff or the shaft to the brake. Brake clear off and the binding is still there.

Third major issue: steering stinks. It's veers so hard left that you can't trim it out. Turns well in one direction but barely turns in the other. I'm thinking the servo is not centered, but I'll have to wait until the next nice day to try that theory out.

So far, I'm almost thinking I'd rather scrap the Tremor and chalk it up to staying away from Redcat Racing stuff. [&o]
Old 02-18-2007, 08:42 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

That's pretty sad to hear, because I Have a Tremor and Biggy that i use for demo trucks to demo our 1/16th scale redcat himoto cars and I was running them both today and they run tip top and if I was a betting man i would say they were topping out around 10 miles an hour, Had a few drag races with them, lol, some times we let the customers drive them so today we were letting them drag race for prizes. I'm sorry to hear your having so much trouble out of your tremor, that is a shame.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:10 PM
k12techman

Do you think I just got a lemon? If so, what do you think I should do about it? I'd really like to try out a 1/16th that works and I'd heard really good things about Redcat Racing. I was really disappointed in the truck today, no doubt about it.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:26 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I would suggest takeing the diff apart and seeing what is causeing it to bind in the rear end, it has to be something simple. I did have one that the gear was not setting straight on the limited slip shaft and caused binding in one of the diffs, when they put it together the mesh musted have slipped out of place between the two limited slip parts. If you seriouslly can't figure it out, you can email me and if you want you can ship it to us and we can fix whatever is wrong. I have faith that you can figure it out though Good luck.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 PM
k12techman

[:@]

Ok, so I have FINALLY managed to solve the darn rear wheel dragging problem. Turns out that the tire was over tightened at the factory and had the tire dragging really bad. I know it sounds SO simple, but it took me some time to actually find it because I've had so many other issues with this little truck.

Now that I have it free rolling, I have another problem. Or, at least I think I do. About the only way I can get this truck to move is to run it WOT. I've cinched up the slipper, so I know that's not the problem. It rolls freely, so nothing is binding. But, this thing takes off and runs like grandma's gremlin with a tank full of diesel. The engine temp gets up to a nice 215F, but it just doesn't seem to have much umph. In the promotional videos, you see this think ripping it up and doing doughnuts. It's leaned out nicely, so I don't think it's running so rich that it can't build horses.

Any ideas out there? Is it just that I'm expecting too much out of this little truck? I have a couple of 1/18th electrics that honestly have more kick and top end than this nitro and they are STOCK. What are you guys getting for speed and action out of this thing?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
bluecaka69

what promo video has the tremor ive never seen it i dont think it was the tremor you saw but i may be mistaken i dont really think it will gi that fast as it has a very small engine
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
k12techman

If guy wanted to put a different motor in the Tremor, what would you use? I'm looking for something that's going to pretty much bolt-in because I'm not very good a altering cranks and such to make it fit.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:23 PM
bluecaka69

i dont know if it will fit but picco make a mini motor http://ofna.com/eng-picco-p0.htm
Old 03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
rclynx

Don't bother with another engine just go out and buy a Schumacher RASCAL..........................WOW read the spec's on that little rocket [sm=bananahead.gif] its in Feb. DRIVER mag
Old 03-13-2007, 06:18 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Rascal is crap. Hey k12techman, you need to take apart your front and rear diffs and make it posi, the limited slip sucks and that's what's going on the main gear in the diff is spinning but it's not transfering the motion to the wheels. Take them apart take out the bearings, find some thin spacers to fill in the gap on both sides, take out the spring loaded screw and replace with a normal screw, tighten it all down so the axle becomes a solid posi style axle. The little sucker will spin the tires and zoom like mad. We've had to do it to a few here and there, it's actually alot nicer with the posi.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:21 PM
ehroof

Rascal is crap, lol, that was pretty funny. I dont know why, i just read it and started laughing.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Glad I could amuse some one Thank You folks I'll be here all night [8D]
Old 03-13-2007, 06:33 PM
ehroof

the rascal is the one with the .18 engine right? that thing must be an animal if that the one i am thinking of, but i am sure its alot more money
Old 03-13-2007, 06:37 PM
ehroof

yuk the rascal is 2wd, must be impossible to control, the tremor is 4x4 right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.